Forums

Help › Forums

As Promised... More Starter Club Tests

Mon, May 5 2014 12:41 PM (52 replies)
  • Ianzzz
    6,346 Posts
    Wed, Feb 12 2014 11:14 AM

What brilliant fun this is.

I used the G12-S and it really is a treat for me to be in amongst some of the Big Guns, whose scores I can only usually admire from afar (usually a long way afar too)

Normal - 38

UEL - 41

Fast - 43

Total 122

The reaching of the fairways did not seem to much of an issue, but I realise that some courses would be a bit more "tricky" that way. But even so, this makes it more about the player than what is in the bag.

Thanks again for the set-up and ready for the next one

Ian

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Feb 12 2014 11:37 AM

That was tough, the Tour S ball helped a bit I think, not sure where they came from, but found 3 in my bag.

Only one legitimate birdie op on the short par 4, but missed the 15 footer, only 2, maybe 3 GIRs.

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Wed, Feb 12 2014 11:39 AM

First I want to apologize for being such wimp.  I quit the crazy greens after, I think, 7 holes.  I kind of lost track but I think I was +13 at that point.  It was just too frustrating and too late at night to even finish.

But I did play the others, and I went hardcore using "the rock" for my ball.

UEL  -  41  (not too bad for very rarely playing UEL)

Normal  -  35

These conditions sure do make it interesting.

Dave

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Feb 12 2014 1:30 PM

This is from the 'normal' tournament page:

Required Wedges: WGT Starter Sand WedgeWGT Starter Pitching WedgeWGT Starter Lob Wedge

I have 2 'starter' wedges, no pitching wedge - any chance of rectifying that situation, Mr. Shoe/Icon?

Regards,

Johnny.

• bigdaddie1
    2,694 Posts
    Wed, Feb 12 2014 1:33 PM

WigerToods2010:

Required Wedges: WGT Starter Sand WedgeWGT Starter Pitching WedgeWGT Starter Lob Wedge

I have 2 'starter' wedges, no pitching wedge - any chance of rectifying that situation, Mr. Shoe/Icon?

Regards,

Johnny.

Pitching wedge is part of your iron set Johnny

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Feb 12 2014 1:46 PM

bigdaddie1:
    Pitching wedge is part of your iron set Johnny

Cheers, Tom.... senior(esque) moment 

:O)

17 mph headwind..... 324 yards to pin on opening hole after teeing off.... gulp!

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Wed, Feb 12 2014 2:08 PM

WigerToods2010:

Regards,

Johnny.

The club requirements show up a little funky.  Pitching wedge in required wedges even though it is already in your Iron set.  Doesn't really effect anything but it is listed to get fixed.

- WGTdbloshoe

• RonCarr
    243 Posts
    Wed, Feb 12 2014 2:26 PM

That was fun ,and  awful,  at the same time..After the torture of the starter wedges,then the ice covered greens..lol.. Thanks for the set up.. RonCarr. :)

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Feb 12 2014 2:30 PM

Hi Shoe,

Really my own fault with the wedge mix up as I posted earlier in response to Tom(BD1).

My biggest problem seems to be forgetting the default minimum scale is 30ft with the starter putter and not my norm 15.....  the number of 'tap in' putts that have flew miles past  is really quite hysterical painful.

:(

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Wed, Feb 12 2014 3:02 PM

Just think all i have to do is change my clubs to starter clubs and i can play any course, and get same result with just a few clicks of my mouse  LMAO Thanks for nothing as usual LMFAO

Always Classy

Weylon

RSS