Forums

Help › Forums

As Promised... More Starter Club Tests

Mon, May 5 2014 12:41 PM (52 replies)
  • WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2014 1:56 PM

So I have set up three tournaments all that will REQUIRE all starter clubs.  That means Driver all the way through putter.  The only thing not required is the starter ball.  Let's see how the scores match up.  Tournament is from today through the 13th.  I will post some results after all have finished. 

Olympic Front 9 UL's

Olympic Front 9 Craziness

Olympic Front 9 Normal

Enjoy!

- WGTdbloshoe

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2014 2:02 PM

These count as RRs in usual manner?

Cheers

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2014 2:05 PM

Jimbog1964:

These count as RRs in usual manner?

Cheers

Yes unfortunately I don't have the option of making them practice.  That is a feature that I have requested and hopefully they will be able to give it to me.

- WGTdbloshoe

• sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2014 2:48 PM

41 in the normal comp - from the tips with the wind against for the first 3 holes.........

Starter putter added a couple of shots and I was using the nike level 81 ball.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2014 4:10 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

So I have set up three tournaments all that will REQUIRE all starter clubs.  That means Driver all the way through putter.  The only thing not required is the starter ball.  Let's see how the scores match up.  Tournament is from today through the 13th.  I will post some results after all have finished. 

Olympic Front 9 UL's

Olympic Front 9 Normal

Enjoy!

- WGTdbloshoe

Hey Shoe, Thanks for the Tourneys. Love this kind of thing. I'll keep updating my post as I play my way through all three.

#1. I finished the "normal" one with a 41.  I made 7 bogies and 2 pars. Came up short of 2 fairways off the tee but had wind in my face on each. Putted bad or could have shot 2 better but no more with the wind set I got.

#2 Just played the UEL Tourney. Shot a 40. Figures I do better in UEL than flat lies. 6 bogies and 3 pars. Totally fun and a really tough test. I play Olympic with the starters in UEL on a regular basis and should have shot better. Putted something terrible today for some reason. This is the way I wish the game played all the time.

#3 I played what appeared to be another Normal Tourney. The greens were Tournament again and the wind was heavy but that's normal to me. Shot a 37.

I'm still looking for the Crazy one with the mega fast or mega slow green speeds??? Overall lots of fun and wish we have this type game play to choose from on a very regular basis. Playing the American Courses from the tips with starters isn't all that hard. RSG and St A is another story. It's just regular hard. :)

One other thing, I really wish the equipment conditions included the starter ball. That way we all would have been playing with equal equipment for sure and the results could be studied with that in mind. I'd still like to see some test Tourneys with the only condition to be the starter ball as well.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2014 4:24 PM

CerinoDevoti:

WGTdbloshoe:

Olympic Front 9 UL's

Olympic Front 9 Normal

Enjoy!

- WGTdbloshoe

Hey Shoe, Thanks for the Tourneys. Love this kind of thing. I'm on the first hole of the UEL Tourney and it's not UEL. It's flat in the fairways. I'll keep updating my post as I play my way through all three.

My mistake I think I put the same link in  for the standard and UL.  Updated the link so should be UL now.

- WGTdbloshoe

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2014 4:34 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

CerinoDevoti:

WGTdbloshoe:

Olympic Front 9 UL's

Olympic Front 9 Normal

Enjoy!

- WGTdbloshoe

Hey Shoe, Thanks for the Tourneys. Love this kind of thing. I'm on the first hole of the UEL Tourney and it's not UEL. It's flat in the fairways. I'll keep updating my post as I play my way through all three.

My mistake I think I put the same link in  for the standard and UL.  Updated the link so should be UL now.

- WGTdbloshoe

Ok so I suppose I played in the "Normal" one then. I'll try the UL marked link and have a go.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2014 4:48 PM

38 in the normal

47 in the crazy greens...I six putted the 6th!!!

40 in the UL

Total: 125

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2014 5:20 PM

DAZZA501:

38 in the normal

47 in the crazy greens...I six putted the 6th!!!

40 in the UL

Total: 125

Thank ya for the scores.  I wonder if anyone will be able to shoot under par.  I have confidence that someone will, which will of course mean that things need to be made even more difficult....

- WGTdbloshoe

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2014 6:05 PM

Ok now I'm really confused. I've played 3 Tourneys but it appears I haven't played the Crazy one yet. I have a score in the UL and the Normal one but not in the Crazy yet I''ve played 3 rounds on the front 9 of Olympic from these links.

*Update*

I found the Crazy version and shot a 42. Made 2 pars and only 1 double bogey. The rest were bogeys but I'm pretty happy with the round. I think I putted best of the bunch in this one. Made a great scrambling par on the 7th hole. Hit through the green into the rough. I decided to chip the ball with the lob. Rated at 6 yards on Chip the ball just got onto the green and rolled to 5 foot from the hole straight in and a little uphill. Rather be lucky than good any day.;)

UEL=40___Crazy=42___Normal=37. Total=119.

Now I can't find the link to the one I shot 41 on Tournament speed greens. Oh Well.

Thanks again Shoe for setting these things up. I'll play in whatever you can throw at us.:)))

RSS