Forums

Help › Forums

So WGT are you gonna enforce your own rules.....

Thu, Sep 9 2010 9:47 AM (33 replies)
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 3:24 PM

jbenny11:

Come Tuesday morning Wgt has no choice, put this fool out of his misery. This cat has acted like a complete a-hole and has stated he has two accounts. Even if WGT wanted to keep this guy around, there is no way to justify it. (see how Fluff repaid them for being NICE, posted on the forums about sandbagging when he was the biggest offender lol) He just needs to go, self absorbed ego maniac who was exposed imo. JB

WGT staff, jbenny11 is in violation of the following rules found in your Terms & Conditions about forum posting:

When posting Submissions to or otherwise using the Site and/or the services, you agree not to:

• Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
    • Flame-bait, engage in flame wars, or otherwise attempt to provoke a reaction.
    • Cause disruption by hitting the return key repeatedly or using large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, using all caps to "shout", spamming, or flooding (posting repetitive text).

His posts are also consistently off-topic.

If you wouldn't mind enforcing your rules, I would appreciate it.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 3:50 PM

I would'nt have to comment at all on this subject at all if you were removed the instant you made a second, third account. My crime: harsh words.  Your crime: absolute idiocy. We shall see what Lady Justice says in the morning. You brought this on yourself slick. On a brighter note for you Charmane, at least Fatterson has your back lol. So you got that going for you. You point out T&C, well bud I may have bent the conditions, you on the other hand showed WGT your middle finger extended. You are not above the rules here. My final word on the sad little man living in his grandma's basement. I apologize to the rest of the wgt community for this embarrassing episode, I just said what most feel on this subject. JB

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 4:43 PM

"flooding (posting repetitive text)."

Let's see. Who have been doing this now........

I just had a big dinner. Not sure it's good to be laughing this hard now :D

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 11:39 AM

It's Tuesday morning, the long holiday weekend in the US is over, and everyone is getting back to work.

This morning, it seems that CharlemagneRH has an account, but CharlemagneRH2 does not.

I wonder how that happened?

All we have to do now is hope he opens another account so the original can be banned as well.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 12:43 PM
    Terms and Conditions: Each user participating at WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT) may have only one player account. If you wish to create a new player account, please contact us at members@worldgolftour.com. If World Golf Tour determines that you have more than one account, all accounts created subsequent to the first account may be automatically terminated without notice. Continued violation of the Terms & Conditions, including the creation of more than one player account, may result in the termination of all of your player accounts. Your account is non transferable. Seems to me Ch.RH will not violate the Terms & Conditions of a NEW account. ie he/she has notified WGT in writing of intention to create new/different account. This is WGT situation to address. Reguardless of yours,mine or the man in the moon's opinion of this user, he/she has stated the reasons for the "ADJUSTMENT" (his word not mine) For that I will not judge,rebuke,reprove this action...... I respect you for your reasons to usurp the guildlines, for your reasons you have written. (not that my opinon matters anyway..LOL)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 1:23 PM

Sorry OnePutt.. but you're wrong.  Players can not arbitrarily close and open accounts.  This is why there is no "Cancel Account" button.

Only WGT can close accounts.  There have been some with real issues who have had WGT close their accounts and restart, but it is at WGT's discretion, NOT the players.

Therefore, CRH can whine, cry and moan all he wants about a new account, but only WGT can give it to him.  If they decline, no matter how many times he writes to them, and he opens additional accounts, he is in direct violation of the T&C.

If he is caught once, as he has been, they will terminate all additional accounts.  If he is caught again, or violates any other of the T&C conditions, they will just ban him.

Don't believe me?   Ask Smason77.    ...   ... oh wait, you can't.. he's been banned for the EXACT same thing.

Sorry you disagree, but those are the facts.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 3:01 PM

Soooo Sollly to disagree w/u Snaike..but I personally know of player's (plural) who have done just that "closed and opened a new account", and thats a fact. I'm not on Wgts payroll so I'll just keep that information to myself...

By the way, where U been the last few days/week?

Missed your mischievous humor and dialogs.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 3:19 PM

Again, players can not "close" their own account.  They can stop using the account and even change the contact information, etc, but they won't be able to close them...  Now those folks that you know who have opened additional accounts are subject to losing them if/when WGT finds them.

There is a difference between WGT closing one and opening another account (legal) and just opening a second or multiple account (illegal).  Apparently you agree with me because you'll "just keep that information to myself..."   I can name four or five people off the top of my head who have gone about it the right way and am not afraid to share that information.  If it's something you need to hide, chances are it's contrary to the T&C.

Now, where have I been...  thank you for asking...  I have been underground hiding.  With all the changes WGT made, and the category 5 hurricane they have created on the forums, I thought it best to ride it out a couple of days before I started to pi... errr... interject my opinions.

That and I have been trying to play some mindless cartoon golf back over at TWO.  That's always good for a laugh.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 4:05 PM

"If it's something you need to hide, chances are it's contrary to the T&C".... I "resemble" those remarks.(ok all u triv. buffs, whose line was that?)... Please don't question my integrity,(those are fightin words pardner) I play golf real or virtual, and try to live my life by the rules, like or not. What I choose to not disclose, is not obstruction of anything.

Nice to hear u been ok and re-energizing your brain for the forth coming fiasco's.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 4:18 PM

LOL.. that's a classic Stooges line (Curly, usually)... however, it's not believed to have begun with them... perhaps as early as Amos and Andy, it's exact origin is fairly obscured.

As far as questioning your integrity, I did not.  I simply pointed out that if you can't (not won't) mention anyone's name for fear of retribution on them, it's usually a sign that they are doing something contrary to the rules and regulations, that's all.

Whether or not you choose to disclose their identities, be it for fair reason or foul, is completely your decision.

RSS