Forums

Help › Forums

So WGT are you gonna enforce your own rules.....

Thu, Sep 9 2010 9:47 AM (33 replies)
  • TDHarvey
    433 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 2:13 AM

a player has whined and bitched that you made the game too tough...has said he is going to create another account...has said he is going to violate your TOS and you are going to allow it? Do you have moderators that read these forums?

http://www.wgt.com/user/profile.aspx?UserID=1653047

http://www.wgt.com/user/profile.aspx?UserID=1950005

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 5:28 AM

That player has annoyed me personally. He has almost 200 posts to his name, and all in the space of a month. It seemed like he made at least 100 posts in the last week just moaning about the update.

To be frank, I wouldn't be upset to see him gone.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 6:30 PM

Hi TD / Hi Ellis (how you been bud),

Just my guess but i'm sure WGT will do what is right ... once the holiday weekend is over.   Even WGT guys deserve a holiday once in a while.

By the way .. i'm not even sure the moderator can actually ban someone.   Probably have to check with others first.

Have a cold one for me ... Happy Labor Day.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 8:51 PM

This player has annoyed me more then I can express in words.  Self proclaimed king was just the start.   Both accounts and any others need to be removed.   It is a joke and a disgrace, and a slap in the face to all that have earned their way to being good or in my case kind of good.   

Cheers

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 10:14 PM

TDHarvey:

a player has whined and bitched that you made the game too tough...has said he is going to create another account...has said he is going to violate your TOS and you are going to allow it? Do you have moderators that read these forums?

Wow....Talk about blatant.....I guess he's trying to prove a point.  In the end it is what it is, my average has dropped from 61 to 66 with the new changes but I'm still trying to adapt and conquer.  All the legends are complaining about the new changes but if you look at the leaderboard the top monthly earners are all legends except for 2 and sooner or later if they keep playing they'll lose their tour master status also.  Go figure.

• CharlemagneRH2
    5 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 12:32 AM

You guys are just a bunch of sore losers that (1) want to see someone that will shoot lower than you banned, and (2) don't like anyone that plays the game different than you.  I honestly can't fathom how ridiculous of a person one would have to be to make a stink out of it.  I'm guessing you guys, for the most part, are young, fastfood workers, or unemployed, because I honestly can't imagine any reasonable, successful person blaming someone for playing a game to the utmost of their ability.

Starting in a few days or so, I am playing the game that WGT has designed to the best of my ability, and I'll be doing it in the RG's.  I didn't want to be forced to get rid of my original account, but I've been forced to either do this or quit, seeing as how there will be dozens of people in the future doing it.  If WGT wants advice from me on how to stop sandbagging, I am more than willing to provide it even though it will mean the loss of the effort that I've put in over the past few days.  Until then, I am left with only those two options.

• CharlemagneRH2
    5 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 12:44 AM

ironking34:
    TDHarvey:

Wow....Talk about blatant.....I guess he's trying to prove a point.  In the end it is what it is, my average has dropped from 61 to 66 with the new changes but I'm still trying to adapt and conquer.  All the legends are complaining about the new changes but if you look at the leaderboard the top monthly earners are all legends except for 2 and sooner or later if they keep playing they'll lose their tour master status also.  Go figure.

There are no pros or amateurs that enter into RG's at the rate that iconian, yoban, etc. do.  I can score -5 to -9 for 9 holes as an amateur.  Once I start playing RG's, they won't stand a chance.

Again, it's not something that I wanted, and I tried desperately to put an end to the unfair advantage afforded to sandbaggers, but the problem is going to be made blatantly obvious if WGT doesn't mind me showing them how their current system is too easily exploited.  Again, it's something that I've offered to fix, but if they are just going to leave it how it is, I can't be faulted for playing the game "as is."

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 1:09 AM

Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus, Bobby Jones ... whoever ... all those guys would kill for a 66 average.

Maybe the game's just getting more realistic.

• CharlemagneRH2
    5 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 1:53 AM

zagraniczniak:
    Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus, Bobby Jones ... whoever ... all those guys would kill for a 66 average.

Maybe the game's just getting more realistic.

Realistic would be not forcing Tiger, Jack, or Jones to hit off tees that are 50 yards further away, and not forcing them to play against other PGA tour pros that intentionally shoot poorly in their practice rounds in order to hit off the ladies' tees.

I've said multiple times that I do not mind my average going up, but being put at a SEVERE disadvantage is not only unacceptable but also entirely unrealistic.  Legends have been moved back, whereas sandbaggers have not only been moved up, but also now have access to the same exact clubs as the Legends.  Thus far, WGT has decided to punish honest players and reward players that artificially inflate their score.  Again, that's not my doing, but rather what WGT has done.  Unlike most other players, I have accepted WGT's actions and the fact that I will have to change my strategy in order to adjust.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 10:52 AM

CharlemagneRH2:

ironking34:
    TDHarvey:

There are no pros or amateurs that enter into RG's at the rate that iconian, yoban, etc. do.  I can score -5 to -9 for 9 holes as an amateur.  Once I start playing RG's, they won't stand a chance.

Again, it's not something that I wanted, and I tried desperately to put an end to the unfair advantage afforded to sandbaggers, but the problem is going to be made blatantly obvious if WGT doesn't mind me showing them how their current system is too easily exploited.  Again, it's something that I've offered to fix, but if they are just going to leave it how it is, I can't be faulted for playing the game "as is."

LOLOLOLOL and the comedy continues. I am so looking forward to your rant once WGT deals with you. It's gonna be priceless.

RSS