Forums

Help › Forums

A Simple Handicap Formula

Wed, Apr 1 2015 8:40 AM (98 replies)
  • Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 7:27 PM

I know what a program is, the question mark was asking which. If it saves time and isn't too technical for me, I'm interested.

When it comes to playing for credits, it's the inconsistencies that we need to watch, and they happen a lot when theres something at stake.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 7:44 PM

Dubfore:

I know what a program is, the question mark was asking which. If it saves time and isn't too technical for me, I'm interested.

I've modified my old tourney manager to make it quicker and easier to handicap members.  I just tested it today with a club that has over 200 members and had two handicap revisions plus the club setup in about 1/2 hour.

It's not too technical ... if you can click your mouse and copy-and-paste, you're more than half-way home.

It does run under Excel ver 2007 or greater ... so if you or someone in your CC doesn't have Excel, it just won't run.

It is setup with a course/slope rating system ... but if you set the course rating to your handicap (you use 60) and the slope rating to 113, it will calculate the scores the same as what you currently do.

I've also set it up to where it's fully menu driven ... so no more having to load the macro from the "View" "Macro" option.  Just enable the macros and the menu appears.

I have to do some Powerpoint Online training slides, but once that's done, it will be ready to go.

Dubfore:
    When it comes to playing for credits, it's the inconsistencies that we need to watch, and they happen a lot when theres something at stake.

And now you know why I'm big on the CC having it's own bank system.  Set your buy-in before the tourney, then pay out based on the net scores of the tourney.  Sure beats setting up bogus credit tourneys for a member to play to get their winnings (of gifting golf balls or something from the pro shop).

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 7:33 AM

Yes you posted about Excel earlier and I considered it. My pc is old and I'm using the bare minimum of programs to try and keep it smart.   I'll pass this time on the Excel, thanks.

The members are doing fine with the handicap postings, it takes them a couple of minutes.  It's not broken, so I won't fix it.

The bank could be great, are their any definite details yet on how it will operate?  Do you mean by that below that the owner/s will have control over the payout amounts?

DaddysKat:
    Set your buy-in before the tourney, then pay out based on the net scores of the tourney.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 8:20 AM

Dubfore:
    Yes you posted about Excel earlier and I considered it. My pc is old and I'm using the bare minimum of programs to try and keep it smart.

If you're able to play this game, Excel 2007 will run on it.  I'm assuming your computer is under 7 years old.  

I can only hope that someone from WGT will download and examine what I've done ... then incorporate the method for all CC's (or some variation of it).  It would open the door for more net tourneys and "CC vs CC" tourneys played net with member handicaps.  

@WGT moderators ... It's free guys ... and should give you some good ideas for a universal handicap system.

Dubfore:
    The bank could be great, are their any definite details yet on how it will operate?  Do you mean by that below that the owner/s will have control over the payout amounts?

The only thing I know is the Owner/Co-Owner will be the only ones with total control over the CC bank and there's a 99% chance it will be incorporated with the CC's.  When this happens and how it will operate is anyone's guess.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 10:13 AM

My pc is coming up to it's tenth birthday soon.

I wish I had the money to throw a party, then throw it in the bin!!    :-)

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Aug 14 2014 8:38 AM

Was wondering can u figure a handy cap with the avg WGT gives you?

Thanks 

Gary

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Aug 14 2014 9:12 AM

Woodoworkery:

Was wondering can u figure a handy cap with the avg WGT gives you?

Thanks 

Gary

I think Kelly's spreadsheet formula runs off the average, level and tier along with the game score to compute a player's handicap for each game.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 3:30 AM

Hi , Is this spreadsheet still available?

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2015 8:40 AM

SHRUDE:

Hi , Is this spreadsheet still available?

Which one?  Kelly's (Priesum) or mine?

RSS