Help › Forums

Uneven Lies Ryder Cup is ON!

Fri, Feb 21 2014 9:44 AM (383 replies)
  • duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2014 12:13 PM

jsweetcr:

Id be interested in this as well.

I am officially American but my entire family is British and i live in Costa Rica, so maybe ROW seems more fitting.

boooo - and I was gunna root for you too j lol

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2014 12:29 PM

duffer19:

jsweetcr:

Id be interested in this as well.

I am officially American but my entire family is British and i live in Costa Rica, so maybe ROW seems more fitting.

boooo - and I was gunna root for you too j lol

LMAO!! Thx duff. how bout you just play for USA and I can not root for you too!

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2014 12:43 PM

jsweetcr:

how bout you just play for USA and I can not root for you too!

you and the ROTW would like that wouldn't ya ? lol - i'm in no way capable - even in my prime - to hang with anyone in this format with my ball - i'll gladly root quietly from 128 deep in the gallery. :)

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2014 12:51 PM

I will be playing under iconian and only want to do UEL. so I can give away the slot to someone else for normal

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2014 1:07 PM

There is a weekly uneven tourney now. Use that as the qualifiers as the weekly 18 was used in the past for Ryder Cups. I think you need to use a min 8 weeks qualifying period. Unfortunately there are some very good players who won't go for this but I think you would still get pretty strong teams.

I'd certainly have a go as from what I have seen of UL recently WGT have really got their **** together and it plays pretty well, as long as you stay on the fairways and hit the greens!

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2014 1:10 PM

Count me in

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2014 2:00 PM

WGTicon:
    I will be playing under iconian and only want to do UEL. so I can give away the slot to someone else for normal

The tourney will be ALL Uneven Lies. There will be no flat-lie games involved.

I plan on replacing the Alt Shot (Foursomes) set of games with Worst-Ball Fourballs (played with Unevens), since we cannot play Alt Shot with uneven lie settings currently.

Worst-Ball will work exactly as you would imagine: instead of Best-Ball, where the best score of the 2-player team counts, Worst-Ball is where the worst score of the 2-player team counts. Given the possibility of somebody getting into serious trouble around Merion, that should lead to some interesting risk/reward choices for that series of games... and quite a bit of extra pressure on both players: no one can bail you out, lol!

There will also be a Best-Ball Fourball series, and the Singles series.

All matches will be counted as Matchplay, but the fourplayer ones will have to be played as stroke, with players keeping a running matchplay score in the chat.

As it stands, let's look for 9 players per team, plus some alternates, and then having team captains make 3 selections each (which could be from those next in line among the self-selected signups via this thread), or hand-picked from known skilled UEL players out there...

... but we still need some captains to come forward!

-------------------

Current sign-ups:

USA (6): Wesdogg75, natemakesaholein, devonnnnn, KyRock75, Iconian, deedles77

ROW (7): Corwyn, Daskino, GladstoneScrewer, LOLserver, jsweetcr, TallAcePaul, Dazza501

TallAcePaul:
    There is a weekly uneven tourney now. Use that as the qualifiers as the weekly 18 was used in the past for Ryder Cups. I think you need to use a min 8 weeks qualifying period.

Thanks Paul: That was my suggestion in the opening post. However, the snag is not being sure whether this UEL weekly series will continue, and not having posted it as a requirement in advance, and the challenge of reconciling separate-tier standings. I'd like to hope that, at the least, captains would look at those tourneys as a guide in making their wildcard picks. And I'm currently wrestling with a google spreadsheet to try and come up with standings based on the 5 UEL weekly singles tourneys to date (and skilled spreadsheet gurus who could help would be welcome!).

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2014 6:17 PM

I'm interested in playing for USA. 

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2014 6:45 PM

FYI: Current sign-ups:

USA (7): Wesdogg75, natemakesaholein, devonnnnn, KyRock75, Iconian, deedles77, ColumbusStorm

ROW (9): Corwyn, Daskino, GladstoneScrewer, LOLserver, jsweetcr, TallAcePaul, Dazza501, johehejo & Fairwayruepel68 (last 2 via PM)

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2014 8:43 PM

I can play ROW if players are needed.

RSS