Forums

Help › Forums

Quickest way to level up without using boosts.

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 24 2014 2:02 PM (100 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2013 6:24 PM

MainzMan:

1,400 shiny bonus points plus 270 for shots taken.

I can get 18 holes played in about 25 minutes so if I have a bit over an hour of mind numbing digging the tee boxes to hell each day I can get over 5,000 exp, plus daily bonus.  Plus any real rounds played

Tested Random 3

Pretty easy to keep the starter driver on the tee, thus allowing a quick random 3 for when time / will to live / RSI is rearing up, and so making the full 9 / 18 seem too much to take:)

225 XPs for 4 minutes 41 seconds (timed it lol). Not the same bang for time to XP ratio, but close enough for me, and the torture is over quick. 

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2013 9:58 PM

fmagnets:

Out of interest, if you are determined to use this method, why not do it for 18 holes? You get 1400XP for completion + 270XP for the shots. 28 mins to complete.

I suppose for max effectiveness, you could do this 3 times every 2 days across the day change with a 1hr 40% XP boost, loading the XP boost on the final shot of the first round that´s 2 x 1.4 x (1400+270+880) + 1.4 x 1401 +269 = 9370XP. Not a bad haul for 1hr30 of minimal effort while watchingTV every 2 days. 

I did that once during my 'race' and yes you can get more points, but the gross increase isn't that much more than 2 x 9 holes but the reason I didn't keep doing that is that if you disconnect or get disconnected in practice you don't go back to where you were, you start again. The bonus points only start getting added from the 9th shot on the last hole so disconnections on an 18 holer would cost a lot of time and wasted points. As my connection is intermittent at best, I deemed it too much of a risk for the marginal gain.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2013 11:22 PM

Think these tips are goods for up in lows levels when you need your first goods clubs.

But try to get hundreds of thousands XP by this way is like working in a salt mine.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2013 11:45 PM

Jimbog1964:

225 XPs for 4 minutes 41 seconds (timed it lol). Not the same bang for time to XP ratio, but close enough for me, and the torture is over quick. 

Hmmm, there's very little in it.  And as you say, it's over quicker.

I have to be honest though, I quite like seeing +204 as my score when playing #18.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2013 12:44 AM

I was a bit bummed ... I hit the 15th OB to see if that 1 stroke penalty would give you an extra stroke ... nope!

Sure is an easy way to score on some extra XP.  Thanks for the info, CJ.

Kat ♥

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2013 1:33 AM

Jimbog1964:

Tested Random 3

Pretty easy to keep the starter driver on the tee, thus allowing a quick random 3 for when time / will to live / RSI is rearing up, and so making the full 9 / 18 seem too much to take:)

+1 to "over quick", +100 to "torture"!

Only bonus is, no meter stutter worries.

Nice to see the trace of divots with driver (!?!?!) after 1 yds shots (attention, replay wipes them out!), but still wondering why the "finished game" bonus is 180 instead of 30. Noob's bonus?

1105 XPs instead of 883 for a one-holer (including CDP), that's 222 extra points. Not quite enough for me to repeat the torture. And there's the hustle to change the ball twice, otherwise it becomes costly!

About driving stats:

Only average driving length needs driver, longest drive and driving accuracy (FW hits %%) are active with other clubs, too. Thus, the latter will be affected by such gaming in ranked mode: 0 % for 7 or 8 holes per 9.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2013 2:33 AM

DaddysKat:

I hit the 15th OB to see if that 1 stroke penalty would give you an extra stroke ... nope!

You don't get an extra bonus point because you didn't actually hit the ball an extra time.  The OB adds to your score (unless tat shot was the last one you could take) but will not give you an extra hit the ball experience point.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 6:22 AM

I've been working on this a bit and have found taking a few mulligans makes a huge difference.  I started with 5 and got a fair bit more. 7 gives double the bonus; 1,330 instead of 665 so well worth it for a few extra seconds work.

I just played 9 holes again and wanted to take 12 mulligans on the last hole but only got 11 in before accidently taking my final shot.  I was keen to see how much extra 12 would give.

What I can let you know is 11 mulligans gives you 146 hit the ball exp plus a whopping 1,710 for playing the 9 holes.  Considering 11 mulligans adds a max of 2-3 minutes to the 9 holes getting nearly 3 times the exp is well worth it.

Next time I'm gonna try taking 20 or so.  I'm only a few thousand from L97 and will be soooo pleased to stop this.  I only wish I'd known about mulligans when I started, I'd have been done in a few days.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 8:00 AM

MainzMan:
    I've been working on this a bit and have found taking a few mulligans makes a huge difference.

• GolfingJMan
    71 Posts
    Sat, Dec 28 2013 2:27 AM

ZioMio:

jayw4862:

SplashLewis:

I say delete the thread

Even though I initially replied to this, I have to agree.

I would have to agree ... will/could be used for more bad then good.

I knew of this XP gaining method back in the first week of September (at the time I thought it was a glitch, and I still do) and I notified WGT that same week.  

I think I could probably be at level 97 right now if I'd used this glitch to the fullest extent to which I know.

I decided not to use it because I had misgivings about using it without telling others—I could possibly be viewed as a cheater/unethical usurper of some sort for not sharing the knowledge.  

alosso:

Don't see anything bad in it. Those who wanna spend their precious time with such "pastime" shall do it, what's the harm for others?

Climbing the level ladder quickly doesn't make anybody a good player but rather a good paying client...

However, if I announced this method to others, I could also be frowned upon, especially if multi-accounters became aware of this.  If they can create numerous accounts and gain 30k XP each day without paying for credit boosts, how many people would be unhappy (at me) then?

I feel that those who use this and tell others about it have no standing to lambaste WGT for not doing more with multi-accounters.  But, is it a glitch?  I saw cpjs' post back on the 28th of November, I thought WGT might take swift action—I guess not.  Perhaps this is something WGT intentionally decided to do.  I doubt it.  I don't know. 

JMan

RSS