Forums

Help › Forums

Quickest way to level up without using boosts.

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 24 2014 2:02 PM (100 replies)
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 1:59 PM

did the 9 hole par 3, and 20 mulligans on the last 2210 xp points

• GolfingJMan
    71 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 4:31 PM

alanti:

Perhaps JMan stands for Joke Man?

lolz alanti....See, now imagine how loud the jeering would be if I was a level 98 Amateur 3 months ago with White R1 (L98+) Driver.  Even when I choose not to utilize the glitch or "steal credits" from "honest players" I'm still laughed at. 

I didn't do it because of my friends.  If they see me surge passed them with over 1 million XP points (something that usually takes a year) just after 3 months on the game, they might think I'm some sort of cheater.  But if I tell others, it spreads and spreads, and then everyone is doing it, including the multi-accounters. 

I actually had a person specifically tell me that the account he was playing on was not his main account.  This was during a practice multi-player game back in July. 

Even if that person didn't tell me he was a multi-accounter, the likelihood that the people I encounter are multi-accounters is very high; now when someone tells you openly of their multi-accounting activities, staying quiet about something like this isn't too unexpected or that heroic in my opinion.  However, I do concur it should be downplayed which is why I quoted the guys who said something about removing the thread.

And also at that time in early September, I had already been reading a lot on the forums and seeing stuff about what has recently been referred to as "eternal vemnation".  I didn't want the WGT finger to come back and point to me saying "Hey you level 98 amateur JMan, you telling multi accounters how to better multi-account!  Now there are hoards of multi-accounters filling all tiers of every event!!!"

And, you know, the multi-accounters who would try to take advantage of this probably would be high-tiered players, such as TPros, Masters, TMasters, and even Legends.  So, again, my choice not to announce it in the forums isn't heroic.  I think (and apparently other Legends think) it is just prudent to a certain degree.

MainzMan:

A level 90 amateur is preaching ethics to us now?

And when I mentioned the topic of ethics, I was not preaching at you guys.  Here is what I was trying to say: I didn't want to be seen as unethical for using and not announcing it to you guys in the forums the way that ChinaJohn and cpjs announced it. I would be looked at with more suspicion if I was a L98 in 3 months and not sharing the knowledge.

I presume ChinaJohn and cpjs alerted you guys of this method because of good will (a desire to help you guys out).  I speculate that if they just gained the XP points in this manner without telling you guys in the forums they would feel as I did—somewhat uneasy for staying quiet and using it.

And therefore, because I didn't want to alert multi-accounters of this method  (a desire to help you guys out) or be seen as unethical by using it and staying quiet, I chose to stay quiet and forgo this XP gaining method.

MainzMan:

I don't know about you but I'm converted.  From this day on I will follow faithfully the path of hypocriticaldumbassness.

I don't play for credits, so I don't see the relevance of the topic hypocrisy here.  I don't play match play challenges or anything.  I have a 0-0 match play record.  I like to play practice games in and skill challenges.  I even offer prizes to the others I play with.

There have been other high-level-low-tiered players.  Some people may only play for 1 hole a day for years and become a high level Hack. Being high level and low tiered doesn't instantly make one hypocritical for having an opinion (which happens to be the same as a Legend).

Do not misjudge a man by his tier, judge him by the content of his character.  I don't think we want to start "Tierism" (get it, racism, tierism...).

I like to play practice multi-player games and skill challenges.  Would any of you like to play a practice multi-player round,  I think I'd enjoy a round with you guys?

• Ant0nin17
    9 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 5:17 PM

In 1 hour ;)

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 5:57 PM

I do 9 holes on the par 3 for my daily 880 bonus...take 5 mulligans a hole and get 3536 points...if i feel like it I do it again later and 2600+ points...6000 plus for 18 holes of boredom ...but it only took 11 days to go from 90 to 91

• Ant0nin17
    9 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 6:15 PM

In 1 hour ;)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 6:27 PM

GolfingJMan:
    lolz alanti....See, now imagine how loud the jeering would be if I was a level 98 Amateur 3 months ago with White R1 (L98+) Driver.  Even when I choose not to utilize the glitch or "steal credits" from "honest players" I'm still laughed at. 

Joking apart, sandbagging is sandbagging, regardless of whether credits are involved. Yes it is true, the only advantage you have is of distance, which is partly negated by the equipment you have (over someone with top equipment).

However there is a distinct difference over yourself and the player stealing credits by misrepresenting their ability (tier).

Your original point was valid - is this another avenue for multi-accounters to manipulate the system. Here I agree but the flaw is the entire system IMO. 

I disagree that boosts should be sold - but this makes good $$$ for WGT so they will not be abolished. This method (I have not used it as XP's mean zilch to me - I play when I want and seldom get past 10 days consecutive now) is just another flaw but if it exists and it is not breaking the T&C, why not exploit it if you want to increase your XPs.

For the above reason, I believe that clubs should be tier specific and this would instantly negate the use of such practices or the use of boosts. It would also partially curtail the advantage of multi accounts and sandbaggers by at least limiting their ability.

The irony is the systemis designed reward you for playing with XPs (so in turn get better equipment) but then  why  are boosts sold (or a flaw in the system)? Money - WGT do not really care, provided the income is  maximized  and really has nothing to do with rewarding loyalty (evident from the lack of a loyalty  program).

But of course this will never change - WGT is a business and to make the change back would result in a large loss of revenue in the future.

I agree to a degree that high level/low tier players are not all deliberate sandbaggers, many of them are but many are just social players, Conversely  many low level/low tier players are legends/TL's in  disguise. So no we cannot judge a book by it's cover but it often gives us a glimpse of what lies beneath the cover.

• callawayjay
    46 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 7:22 PM

fatdan:

I do 9 holes on the par 3 for my daily 880 bonus...take 5 mulligans a hole and get 3536 points...if i feel like it I do it again later and 2600+ points...6000 plus for 18 holes of boredom ...but it only took 11 days to go from 90 to 91

Can you add further detail to this?  I didn't think you could use Mulligan's in ranked rounds.  

Thanks for the clarification.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 8:07 PM

read CJ's first post bro its not ranked it practice 

callawayjay:

fatdan:

Can you add further detail to this?  I didn't think you could use Mulligan's in ranked rounds.  

Thanks for the clarification.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 10:50 PM

I understand your viewpoint JMan, in theory a new player could use this method to get access to high level equipment on their first day, probably within a couple of hours in fact.  However, without it a new player can also get to L60 by buying those ridiculous bars, the difference being WGT don't earned anything out of it if they do it by duffing shots.  

I assume someone from WGT has been reading this thread yet no response has been made, either they have no issue with it or someone is working on fixing this bug, if it is seen as one.

I can't really add any more to Alan's post, he summed things up very nicely.  Might I also add though that those who come on and write huge posts could take note of the way you wrote yours, breaking a big post up into paragraphs makes it so much more likely to be read right through.

GolfingJMan:

Would any of you like to play a practice multi-player round,  I think I'd enjoy a round with you guys?

I'd be more than happy to try to get an alt game in, I'm trying to find a time when Alan and myself are both online, maybe you'd be around at the same time.

I'd rather ranked though, I've never seen the point of practice games unless you're learning a new set of clubs or figuring out shot distances.

• GolfingJMan
    71 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2013 11:59 PM

alanti:
    Joking apart, sandbagging is sandbagging, regardless of whether credits are involved.

Even when there are no credits involved, sandbagging can occur—I concur.  However, at the heart of a sandbagger is someone intending to deceive (or misrepresent).  Even if the sandbagging (i.e., intending to deceive) player does not accomplish the deception, that player is still a sanbagger in my view.

If a player is not intending to misrepresent, there is no valid sandbagging occurring.

Generally, any golfer who misleads others about his ability level, claiming to be worse than he actually is at golf, might be a sandbagger. If the person is not trying to gain from that deception, no problem (he might even be aware he is misleading others about his ability - he might just have low self-esteem). But a golfer who deliberately misleads others about his ability in order to gain in some way - to win a bet, for example - is a sandbagger.

One reason I like the Stand Bag Plus is because I can switch to WGT Starters or a mix-up of different clubs depending on the game I join. Once I chose to use a 230 3Wood as a driver in an Alt Shot game and got complaints from my partner for not having a driver.  Sometimes, even when I choose to not go big on the driver from the front tees, so as to not offend the other team, I rub my teammate the wrong way...oh well.  

MainzMan:
    I'd rather ranked though, I've never seen the point of practice games unless you're learning a new set of clubs or figuring out shot distances.

I get it, my partner didn't want to lose and damage his stats.  A lot of times people become gripey about losing because it will reflect on their statistics page, I empathize with that which is partly why I've been refraining from Alt Shot for about 4 months now (partly because I lost a friend over it and was severely castigated in another, and then my Master tier partner quit on me).  Practice games are low stress and a chance to win some stuff, a win-win.

I personally like to play multi-player stroke play practice rounds, but people rarely join those games—mostly it is match play or Alternate Shot games that are more popular.
    alanti:
    This method...is just another flaw but if it exists and it is not breaking the T&C, why not exploit it if you want to increase your XPs.

I understand this statement.  If it is not breaking the Terms & Conditions, why not use it?  This is where the issue of ethics (when I say ethics, I mean a person's mental operating system, à la Mac or Windows) comes into play.  Sometimes the lawmakers do not have enough time or knowledge to update laws and to adequately classify certain activities as illegal.  If they did have time, those activities would certainly be outlawed.

If we think of the many laws in the U.S.A., they were not ratified and signed by a President on the first day of independence from the British Empire.  However, people thought that some of the laws we currently have were necessary to enact, which is why they eventually were signed into law.  

My point is that the necessity of governing and sometimes restraining one's actions is not solely based on what the physical script of the law currently indicates.  Each of us has our own system (set of ethics code) that our operating system runs on, some of us on are older versions that haven't received the Service Pack (sometimes a good thing), or upgraded.  

For instance, hypothetically speaking, food safety laws.  Sometimes a practice might be unsafe to you or your loved ones health and it is not yet specifically mentioned in the FDA's standards for food preparation, storage, etc.  Yes, it is not currently illegal to do those activities, but is it safe, or hazardous?  

We must use our discernment to decide on what to do in certain situations where there is no law to guide us.  Hopefully we have cultivated an ingrained habit of only judging properly and not only judging according to appearance. 

That being said, I feel at the very least that same hypothetical scenario applies to this instance.  I say "at the very least" because this instance is actual because it is, from my view, covered in the Terms & Conditions.

Click the Terms & Conditions at the bottom of the browser.  After the page loads press [Ctrl] + [F] and type in "exploit" and press [Enter] three times.  It states this:

"When posting Submissions to or otherwise using the Site and/or the services, you agree not to:
    • Exploit any bug in the Site to gain unfair advantage in the game and communicate the existence of any such bug" (emphasis added).

Now I am not a certified legal expert on contractual agreements, but if this section of the Ts & Cs somehow does not apply to the method that ChinaJohn and cpjs announced, I feel the hypothetical scenario I gave above still does apply because of the very real threat that an infestation of an aggressive form of "acute multi-accountitis" may pose—that is simply my opinion.

Even if WGT has no misgivings with such an infestation because it helps business, I chose not to announce this back in September because you guys (i.e., the players) may not want such an announcement (especially from a level 98 amateur) and the subsequent infestation to occur.

In my first post in this thread, I expressed my uncertainty that this is a bug because of how easy (at least from my view) I know it is for the programmers to stop it.  That being said, I still do believe it is a bug.  I've known exactly how to stop it for months too. 

alanti:
    I play when I want and seldom get past 10 days consecutive now

I realized that I lost my consecutive streak today, I guess I was so busy typing up my previous post this after noon that I forgot...oh well.  That offer to play a stroke play round in practice mode from Champion Tees on Tournament Greens is still on the table for any takers :D.

Hope to see you on course,

JMan

P.S. I'm a free baller, and yes, I'm still learning how to hit my clubs ;)

RSS