Forums

Help › Forums

Quickest way to level up without using boosts.

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 24 2014 2:02 PM (100 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2013 3:34 AM

alosso:

Don't see anything bad in it. Those who wanna spend their precious time with such "pastime" shall do it, what's the harm for others?

Climbing the level ladder quickly doesn't make anybody a good player but rather a good paying client...

+1 - Like many I chased the L93 R1 in August (?) doing Par 3 Tourneys.  Got the R1 but destroyed most of my stats doing mindless Par 3 after par 3 tourney.  Can't buy boosts after a certain level and WGT get to sell something they want to sell anyway.  Away from the person's time win win?? In fact for WGT people get to where they want quicker so back to paid for ball quicker having also bought new equipment.  

Daft ? though (although I would never have thought of this way so...) would you get even more XP doing it in tourney mode?? Also another ? would it stuff driving accuracy or is that just measured with actual driver club use???

• TEETIME2013
    5 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2013 4:03 AM

Does anyone know how I can erase my win/loss record????

If I change my golfers name, do I also have to change my email address?

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2013 5:41 AM

lmao  ok I tried it and didn't get pass the 2nd hole  ........FREAKING BORING  :)  ......  ill just wait till the  level 97 irons go on special sale for acouple more $$

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2013 5:53 AM

nice way to wear out those easy swing clubs lord knows they arent good for much else lmao 

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2013 6:16 AM

Jimbog1964:

Daft ? though (although I would never have thought of this way so...) would you get even more XP doing it in tourney mode?? Also another ? would it stuff driving accuracy or is that just measured with actual driver club use???

In tourney mode you 'only' get a 180 or 400XP bonus not the 635XP bonus you get for 9 holes practice on best of Par 3 and as it's in practice it doesn't affect your stats.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2013 6:22 AM

Chinajohn:
    and as it's in practice it doesn't affect your stats.

First off thanks.

Granted on the practice re stats.  I was just wondering if in tourney mode stuffing up 15 tee shots per hole for 9 / 18 holes might have a bearing on driving accuracy.  I think I read somewhere that WGT driving accuracy only measures actual DRIVER CLUB use? Pretty sure it does not stuff that average up as I am sure that's a stat that never got moved when \i was chasing the L93 R1.

Superfluous anyway now if you don't get as many points doing this in tourney mode.  Geez how does any one think of this stuff.  Boring as hell but fast XP if you feel the "need for speed:)" 

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2013 6:51 AM

Jimbog1964:

Chinajohn:
    and as it's in practice it doesn't affect your stats.

First off thanks.

Granted on the practice re stats.  I was just wondering if in tourney mode stuffing up 15 tee shots per hole for 9 / 18 holes might have a bearing on driving accuracy.  I think I read somewhere that WGT driving accuracy only measures actual DRIVER CLUB use? Pretty sure it does not stuff that average up as I am sure that's a stat that never got moved when \i was chasing the L93 R1.

Superfluous anyway now if you don't get as many points doing this in tourney mode.  Geez how does any one think of this stuff.  Boring as hell but fast XP if you feel the "need for speed:)" 

Your welcome, and I cannot take credit for thinking up the idea, that belongs to someone else I got it from a tip from CPJS (see post above), the only thing I added was not trying to hit the ding, (and that may have been thought of previously). Is it boring? OH YES!!! But I was being stubborn even when the R1 was withdrawn and I suspect it may reappear sometime soon, missing it twice was annoying missing it three times would be stupid (of me)!

A by product is 19 days using free balls means the meter now seems REALLY slow with my Nikes, (I may get to play a round sometime soon but right now RL sucks!)

• esty26
    425 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2013 6:53 AM

Chinajohn:
    Warning though, it's a boring as all hell!

Just stumbled across this thread and thought I would try it. Same result, 800 points and it took me 16 minutes AND BORING AS HELL!

Am presently level 90 and need another 62,395 points to advance to level 91. If I did this it would take me 78 rounds at 16 minutes (roughly 19.5 hours) of mindless clicking just to go up one level..my hat is off to anyone who has the patience to do this so no need to delete the thread in my opinion.

I concur with whoever wrote they couldn't get past the 2nd hole...only reason I did was to time it and see what time it would take to rise a level.

Merry Christmas all.

Esty

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2013 8:46 AM

Out of interest, if you are determined to use this method, why not do it for 18 holes? You get 1400XP for completion + 270XP for the shots. 28 mins to complete.

I suppose for max effectiveness, you could do this 3 times every 2 days across the day change with a 1hr 40% XP boost, loading the XP boost on the final shot of the first round that´s 2 x 1.4 x (1400+270+880) + 1.4 x 1401 +269 = 9370XP. Not a bad haul for 1hr30 of minimal effort while watchingTV every 2 days. 

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2013 11:40 AM

fmagnets:

Out of interest, if you are determined to use this method, why not do it for 18 holes? You get 1400XP for completion + 270XP for the shots. 28 mins to complete.

I played 18 holes last night, half dreading finishing in case it only worked over 9 holes but there it was: 1,400 shiny bonus points plus 270 for shots taken.

I can get 18 holes played in about 25 minutes so if I have a bit over an hour of mind numbing digging the tee boxes to hell each day I can get over 5,000 exp, plus daily bonus.  Plus any real rounds played.    At that rate I'm less than 2 weeks away from level 97 which I was expecting to take over 2 months.

I've never tried XP boosts.  Got given one once but I was offline and by the time I logged on it was all gone!

RSS