Forums

Help › Forums

Course notebook question

Mon, Apr 23 2018 2:38 PM (77 replies)
  • srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 10:53 AM

chris- the starting point for calculations on a shot from the tee or in a CTTH game ARE the same. Adjust for yardage +/- elevation and you get a consistent starting point to gauge your calculations for wind. Knowing where to start that shot gives a person a place to begin the aim adjustment for the wind. Having a starting point that tells you how many feet a putt plays and how far to the right or left to aim on the putt is a big help on the putting CTTH course. THAT is the kind of thing the notebook is good for. Beats the heck out of calculating that stuff every single time a hole opens. Whether WGT is manipulating the shot or not, we still use a starting point. The notebook can give it to us.

Regarding manipulation of shots or expensive equipment, BIG DEAL! It's a recreational game site. If you don't want to pay the prices, don't! If you really feel strongly that how you hit a shot makes no difference, don't! Many of us enjoy the play and are more than willing to put up with the hiccups that come with actual play on this site. We wouldn't be here if we didn't.

You obviously do not enjoy this. Why do you keep beating your head against the WGT wall?

• row2seat2
    1,441 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 11:42 AM

Are there blank pages not dedicated to any course so you can jot down what each shot does or how much power you putt on a specific shot.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 11:45 AM

I was pretty meh, when they first released this, mostly because I have never kept any notes for any hole and never intended to.  I do however think it's a brilliant thing for those who like to have notes for every hole, even if it is just a reminder to play the approach longer than it says.  Yes BPB #1 and #16, I'm looking at you, please come to my office after class.

A very nice person in our CC gifted me one though and although I've only made one entry in it so far I really can see the merit in it.  Even if I only write open another beer on the page for every fairway it will prove it's worth for years (and a couple of livers) to come.

Say what you want about WGT, call this product a worthless piece of crap if you like.  There's an easy answer.

Don't buy it.

Come to think of it, there's another answer.  But I'd probably get my account deleted if I wrote that.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 4:42 PM

MainzMan:
    Even if I only write open another beer on the page for every fairway it will prove it's worth for years

Hell yeah,  gr8 idea   :)

I may use it to keep track of score history on each hole.  See how long it takes for me to write Birdie or better on each hole.

• unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Fri, Dec 27 2013 11:55 AM

chrisironsbones:
    Does any one want any more useless credits on top of what they have all ready???

It's my birthday and I've had a few "celebratory" ones so my Dutch courage is up and I dom't give a stuff right now, so I'm gonna suggest you can top up my credits "pile" with all those useless (to you that is) credits of yours......It stands at a princely 1379 at the moment, while I save fro the Cally X Hot and some new CG wedges, all the while practicing with the 'rock' so as not to use up my 4 remaining good balls.

Oh and thank you WGT for the free snow balls.......they are appreciated by most of us on here, even though the ungrateful ones like to come into the forums and show just how spoiled and ungrateful they really are!!

Happy birthday to me        

happy birthday to me

I'm a half cut middle aged Limey

Happy birthday toooo meeeeee.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edit :- Oh and the notebook sounds like a good thing to me, but I'm saving for some shiny new clubs.

• QueeksDraw
    192 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2013 9:16 AM

I agree Mainz. This is a waste of 500 credits. Most of the time it wont let me enter anything. I also say don't buy it.  Maybe they'll work the bugs out in a year or two. GLA.  Fooooore.

• suntanrcpilot
    68 Posts
    Tue, Dec 31 2013 6:35 AM

Course notebook don't let me write or type even leaving the page and go to the next hole..

I can't use it at all... dang wgt no direction to use this damn thing.. Thx.

• suntanrcpilot
    68 Posts
    Tue, Dec 31 2013 6:35 AM

Course notebook don't let me write or type even leaving the page and go to the next hole..

I can't use it at all... dang wgt no direction to use this damn thing.. Thx.

• thairan
    39 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 3:22 PM

The most annoying thing to me about the notebook is that it is missing on so many holes on every course, and especially the first hole on every course...hard to make notes when there's no notebook....

• MelsDaddy
    30 Posts
    Sat, Mar 1 2014 2:58 AM

thairan:

The most annoying thing to me about the notebook is that it is missing on so many holes on every course, and especially the first hole on every course...hard to make notes when there's no notebook....

i dont get the point of this notebook thingy. what good is it if they alter your shots to the point of it being worthless???

RSS