Help › Forums

Course notebook question

Mon, Apr 23 2018 2:38 PM (77 replies)
  • siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2013 8:47 PM

DaddysKat:

mantis0014:

Can you delete what you have already written.

I write something for a paticular hole in a ctth....  the next time I play it in simular conditions using the same club...  can I delete my last comment and write the new one.

If it's 500 characters per page and I'm writing new info for a hole then the page will fill up fast.

Are spaces counted.   This post must be close to 200 c's

-Roger

A space is a character.  So is the Carriage Return, but it usually stores 2 characters (Carriage Return + Line Feed).

I'd suggest if you want to keep detailed notes from what I've read so far, you'll probably want to use a form of computer shorthand, and keep your notes as general as possible.  Avoid describing distance to pin, elevation, wind speed, wind direction or club used for that matter.  "R/S/P" instead of "stay right and short of the pin", if space becomes an issue.  2 pages, or 1000 characters should be plenty of space for general notes.  Just avoid getting too detailed.

thx for yours !! 

Daddyscat 

It is more than enough for me !!

thx for that :) 

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2013 8:57 PM

siggipj76:

thx for yours !! 

Daddyscat 

It is more than enough for me !!

thx for that :) 

Your welcome!  And a very, merry Christmas to you!

I want it to be known that while mine is available, it is not an overlay like the one offered by WGT ... it also doesn't have any real graphics, and it requires Excel 2007 to run.  

I wish WGT had a virtual notebook available 8 months ago when I started playing ... sure could have saved me some long evenings writing code!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2013 10:02 PM

DaddysKat:

mantis0014:

Can you delete what you have already written.

I write something for a paticular hole in a ctth....  the next time I play it in simular conditions using the same club...  can I delete my last comment and write the new one.

If it's 500 characters per page and I'm writing new info for a hole then the page will fill up fast.

Are spaces counted.   This post must be close to 200 c's

-Roger

A space is a character.  So is the Carriage Return, but it usually stores 2 characters (Carriage Return + Line Feed).

I'd suggest if you want to keep detailed notes from what I've read so far, you'll probably want to use a form of computer shorthand, and keep your notes as general as possible.  Avoid describing distance to pin, elevation, wind speed, wind direction or club used for that matter.  "R/S/P" instead of "stay right and short of the pin", if space becomes an issue.  2 pages, or 1000 characters should be plenty of space for general notes.  Just avoid getting too detailed.

Thx Kat,  that cleared up the space question.

To Delete what you have written would be good to save the space on the 'Notebook'

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2013 10:08 PM

mantis0014:
    To Delete what you have written would be good to save the space on the 'Notebook'

I'm just guessing that is a "rush release" bug they will clear up soon.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2013 10:38 PM

DaddysKat:

mantis0014:

I'm just guessing that is a "rush release" bug they will clear up soon.

Maybe soon as we are having a maintenace shortly in a few hours

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2013 3:28 AM

mantis0014:
    Maybe soon as we are having a maintenace shortly in a few hours

Maybe they're planning to sell erasers ... kinda like 1,000 character deletions for 10 credits?  And when you do erase, you get smudge marks, just like in real golf!

I hope they get that part fixed ... also the ability to make your notes after the shot!

• Didymus
    16 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2013 4:14 AM

How do I stop notifications?

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2013 4:38 AM

See in your "account" tab.

Some notifications cannot be stopped, some may be stopped inadvertedly by the system and never come back :(

• turfsand
    1,773 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2013 5:54 AM

turfsand:

i bought the course notebook and took it to merion in practice mode. hole #1 hit a good tee shot and brought up the book, so far no problems. my problem is that i left click in order to write and i get a solid line on the top line of the page instead of the usual intermittent line and i cannot write anything. i am using waterfox browser and have cleared both cashe. also took a mulligan and same problem.

any help would be very much appreciated,

turfsand

p.s.  i also hit a shot to the green and gave this a second try but....same problem

i am still unable to write in this notebook.....help please

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2013 6:07 AM

turfsand:
    i am still unable to write in this notebook.....help please

In full screen? Just a thought.  I need to quickly exit out that to write in it.

Also WGT when you look at the fix for not being able to look at / enter anything for a given hole after a the last shot on a hole is played, please also have it so you can flick through the book at any time, for all holes.  If that's not possible please have it so you can at least look at at any hole of the course you are playing whilst also working toward the thing cross referring to Best of Courses rather than treating them as completely separate:) 

EDIT: Please include a section for General NOTES to.  So it is closer to a real notebook

RSS