Forums

Help › Forums

cheat5.6

Thu, Sep 2 2010 1:30 AM (149 replies)
  • lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 5:25 PM

Now I'm all upset ...but for all of "The Accused" ... I feel for you.

Unfortunately I can't join the ranks ... I'm not even good enough to be accused of cheating ...

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 5:33 PM

And if you are just talking about software that slows down the meter making it easier to ding then that for some of us would be awful. When I use the Gi3 balls Even when I am using the Super tri driver I tend to click so early that my shots are awful. I do better with the gi-2  balls or even the balls with only 1 dot of feel. And some days I click so early that I use the tour-sd ball with no feel and hit the ding much better. And as for the I15's I rented them twice. And played many rounds with them. The meter speed was no problem. I just didn't like them as much as the G-10s and didn't feel justified to spend almost $20 on clubs that I didn't much like. 
    And the op said that player he was accusing of cheating couldn't ding the g-10s. How does he know why their scores were not as good with the G-10's as with the I-15's??? IMO he was or is a struggling master like myself who says if I can't do it without cheating no one can. Shoot as badly as I play sometimes even I have had a few stellar rounds when everything came together. I have also had some that were absolutely awful. And also had at least 3 this week that I thought were going to be awesome until 1 awful hole because of my itchy trigger finger clicked about 2 seconds too early and hit  an awful drive to where  It took 3 or 4 shots just to get to the fairway. I was -7 through 13 @ SA Thursday and took a 9 on 14 because my  early click put me in an awful spot . I guess if I cut out my 1 or 2 lousy holes a round and shoot a 58 or 59 then the OP would accuse me of cheating. And do it from the cover of his alternate account. 

Don't get me wrong. I know there are those on here who will and are cheating or at least trying to. It's just human nature. Some will take any shortcut to try to win. but to accuse good people of cheating because they finally figured out the game and started playing great golf is ludicrous. And to do it from the cover of an illegal second account is pure cowardice. 

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 5:48 PM

Im not accussing anyone but I do believe that players are trying to get over on here by any means they can ! ie Cheating !

I would like to hear a response from WGT on what they are doing! I know that they cant reveal the means they are using but to let the general population know that they are combatting this problem would help alleviate alot of concerns of us who play legitimately.

its sad that someone can generate a second account to accuse anyone of anything !

If you feel that there is something not right use the proper chains that are set in place to bring it to WGT's attention ! and Im sure they will do what is lawful to correct it !!!

• jcs89
    172 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 6:30 PM

Pure and simple....cheating is wrong.  While the OP did not use common sense when posting, he does have a valid point and to think that cheating will not drastically improve most people's scores is naive.  I have not and never would even consider cheating.  My average has been as low as 58 but i consider myself around a 62-63 if i played every course equally. But if i had the advantage of "dinging" every shot, i know my average would improve significantly.  Some members seem to think that nothing should be done about the cheating...come on now....if you were playing real golf and your opponent moved his ball out of the woods when you weren't looking or subtracted strokes from his scorecard, would that be ok?  Probably not.  It is just a game...but cheating is cheating...and it should not be tolerated.  If WGT does not have the ability to detect it yet, that's fine, but let us know something.  Accusing people of cheating without proof is wrong but to think it doesn't happen is also naive.  I love this game, but the ability to cheat definitely puts a damper on it. 

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 6:58 PM

Not trying to defend or speak for WGT - or start a huge Forum debate but ... I'm really curious on what a some folks would like WGT to say about this .... I think they are in a no-win situation no matter what they say. 

1. If they say ... we don't have a way to detect cheating .. they castrated
    2. If they say .. we know but we're not doing anything about it ... they are whipped
    3. If they say they know about it and tell what they are doing to fix it .. cheaters will figure out a way around it

Anyone who reads the forums knows cheating has come up a lot (as it does on every web based game).    I know somewhere (don't remember where) WGT has said they do not condone cheating and are / will take steps to prevent it.   You either believe them or you don't.

Personally though .. i'm curious what an acceptable answer from WGT would be on this topic that wouldn't start another "USA Pants" debate.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 9:50 PM

3 points I would like to make..

1. do not confuse lack of visibility with lack of ability.  I believe WGT when they say they are actively prosecuting the cheaters.
    2. Multiple account holders are the bane of this site... including the OP screaming at the top of this thread.  Just because you think you're anonymous (sorry, WGT knows who you are... well, they do now.) you are not given the right to level broad based accusations at players who are better than you.
    3. I thought the idiot filter and the new WGT forum admin were here to save us from this kind of drivel.

Cheating happens... on your wives, on your taxes, on your business books... it's foolish to think that it doesn't happen on an internet game.

How you deal with it is up to you... personally, I don't play for money/credits unless I KNOW the person I am up against.

• haji97071
    192 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 10:11 PM

I am curious why whenever someone brings up the idea that there are people on this site using cheat software, WHY are they always attacked, "don't kill the messenger", maybe if people would get a little more concerned about the lack of response from WGT about these problems, WGT would possibly give the honest players on this site some kind of response.

What I have seen is threads that WGT has closed down when the discussion about cheating is brought up.  

How about it, can we ever expect to get some viable answers to the questions that are brought up in this forum or is the problem the fact that you can't really do anything about the cheating.

I have been a player since March of 2009, have practiced, worked very hard to get better, upgraded equipment i.e. balls clubs and maintain a 64-66 average, just can't get better, like just recently had the putting improving, got down to 64 average, for the last 10-12 days, putts just don't drop.  Constant lip outs and putts rolling into the hole on very fast greens coming to a stop 2-4 inches short.  recently played St. Andrews and shot 5 under with 7 lip outs, none of the lip outs were more than a foot from the hole when they finished.

enough of that rant.

GIVE US SOME INDICATION THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO STOP THESE PLAYERS USING CHEAT SOFTWARE.

Thank you.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 10:14 PM

Accusations also prove nothing! Show me the proof if you have it.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 10:31 PM

haji97071:
    GIVE US SOME INDICATION THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO STOP THESE PLAYERS USING CHEAT SOFTWARE.
    I don't understand, Haji, why you think they owe you anything..  Are you on the Board of Directors?

Again, and I have said this time after time... don't confuse lack of visibility with lack of ability.

haji97071:
    How about it, can we ever expect to get some viable answers to the questions that are brought up in this forum
    No.  Why should they?  Should they mention to all of us the steps they are taking to deal with these cheaters, just so the cheaters can see they're coming and take off in a new direction??

No, no.. and again, no.  They don't 'owe' you anything.

• haji97071
    192 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 11:23 PM

They should because people like myself are supporting their site.......

It's because of people like us that keep them in business, we pay our money and they promise us a site clean from cheating THAT'S THEIR RESPONSIBILITY TO US.

I think that there are a lot of players on this site that feel it's about time to have some visibility from WGT.  I have given them a vast amount of money and expect them to give me VISIBILITY.

How can you say they owe me nothing!!!!!!!!!  

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE (you are aware, we are the customers here).

RSS