Forums

Help › Forums

cheat5.6

Thu, Sep 2 2010 1:30 AM (149 replies)
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 6:34 PM

cozmozogg:
    Nobody has replied with an opinion as to their thoughts on being able to see other players' swing meters/spin/aim/club selection.

In real golf, you might know what club they hit, but you'd have no idea what power they hit it at.  You'd also have no idea if they'd messed up their aim or not, and while you could say that it'd be nice to have to stop cheaters or whatever, (1) a lot of people are going to accuse anyone that can click better than they can of cheating... that's not going to solve too much... it's going to be the same complaints, and (2) any meter-slowing program would simply allow them to mishit it intentionally, having already moved their target marker in order to compensate for the intentional mishit.  It doesn't seem to be an incredibly effective solution.  It might stop some of it, but I don't think it would be as effective as you might think.

cozmozogg:
    I think this would be really cool. Do you think it would be hard to do in terms of development?

No... easy.

cozmozogg:
    Would it slow things down too much? Just wonderin what you guys think.

Not really, no.  It could simply display that information during the animation of the shot... not update every single time the other guy changed what club he was using, trying to figure out if he should go for a 6-iron or a 7-iron... or a full swing, punch, or pitch.

• cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 7:04 PM

i am confused at your response charle... perhaps you know more about the program than my assumptions of what it can do [likely]. what if... there was no cheat program, could the rest of us enjoy the extra visuals of club selection/spin/meter/aim? i want to assume that those i have added to my friends list are above such cheating methods [same reason i hate bonds/clemens], and would like to see that implemented. i would leave the policing of it to WGT and other members who play in areas where it's a concern... viable or what do u think?

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 11:03 PM

cozmozogg:
    what if... there was no cheat program, could the rest of us enjoy the extra visuals of club selection/spin/meter/aim? i want to assume that those i have added to my friends list are above such cheating methods [same reason i hate bonds/clemens], and would like to see that implemented. i would leave the policing of it to WGT and other members who play in areas where it's a concern... viable or what do u think?

If people have essentially the same shot (e.g. drives landed in similar places, and they're now on their approach shots, or if the hole is a par 3, and they're about to tee off), then allowing everyone to see the target marker, power meter input, and aim click puts the player that goes first at a disadvantage because the second player would be able to see exactly how they shot the ball and what the result was (e.g. 5-10 yards short, 5-10 yards long, etc.)

At most, only club selection (just for role-playing purposes) and the aim-click (although it wouldn't be hugely effective at helping to combat cheating) should be seen by other players.

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 12:09 AM

Snaike:

Sanco:

I think Stebo is toying Snaike. Well, either that or he's a conspiracy theorist... ;)

Oh... That's it!  I knew I forgot something... 

I can see you are a friendly chap.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 2:42 AM

Hi, just read your post friend. Im only playing this game about 2 weeks now, and really enjoy it. Could you tell me if there is cheating on this, as im not to sure. It would certainly put me off playing if there was cheating. The reason im asking is, ive moved up to pro and im stuck with my clubs, as i cant buy any. I cant buy them because we dont have zip codes in ireland, so the buying credits option is out. If you can reply, will you reply on my page or message it to me, as im not to sure how this site works just yet. thanks in advance.

Any small tips would be apprieciated as well, cheers.

• Bezukhov
    32 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 3:38 AM

CharlemagneRH:

cozmozogg:
    what if... there was no cheat program, could the rest of us enjoy the extra visuals of club selection/spin/meter/aim? i want to assume that those i have added to my friends list are above such cheating methods [same reason i hate bonds/clemens], and would like to see that implemented. i would leave the policing of it to WGT and other members who play in areas where it's a concern... viable or what do u think?

If people have essentially the same shot (e.g. drives landed in similar places, and they're now on their approach shots, or if the hole is a par 3, and they're about to tee off), then allowing everyone to see the target marker, power meter input, and aim click puts the player that goes first at a disadvantage because the second player would be able to see exactly how they shot the ball and what the result was (e.g. 5-10 yards short, 5-10 yards long, etc.)

At most, only club selection (just for role-playing purposes) and the aim-click (although it wouldn't be hugely effective at helping to combat cheating) should be seen by other players.

But letting the players decide for themselves if they want others to see what they are doing could be a valuable asset. As in training a newbie to the intricacies of this game.

• CJToker
    7 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 4:07 AM

by seeing evry players power meter defeats the pupose of playing against other players you would be able to match the best shot .  I really have no idea how to stop the ppl here using cheats but they only defeat them selves and distroy the credeits tournaments which i refuse to play anymore for just that reason

• cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 6:28 AM
    ok - sometimes i fail to see the obvious. i see your point about matching shots. i do like the idea of choosing whether or not the meter could be seen. better yet - to be able to turn on or off meter, aim, club, and spin view. i would like to see it on replays too. i also think it's quite easy to catch multiple accounts/cheaters, but WGT must not care enough to devote the time/resources to the problem, despite the fact that it obviously upsets many people. BUT, i hope i am wrong about this and they are doing this in the background. i would like to see a Wall of Shame for those people, as mentioned in 1 of the earlier posts - probably for the same reason i like reading about stupid criminals on newsoftheweird...morbid curiosity:)
  • Errant
    72 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 6:43 AM

I wonder if WGT has ever considered creating a program that scans our computers for cheat software? Whenever you click on the play now button it could be activated. I know a lot of people might not like the invasion of privacy but it seems to me that's the only way to guarantee that no one's using it.

• paddysim2010
    124 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 9:00 AM

id love to see other people meters,n how much spin they wud put on da ball,,i dont know what it would take to do,,but my own 2 cents i think it wud make a nice add to the game,

RSS