Sat, Dec 12 2015 5:05 AM (316 replies)
  • ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2013 10:38 AM

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2013 11:28 AM

Hi Zio,

I sure wish my eyes looked that good.  I am very proud of my boss for doing what he did for this family.  I did little ... only stumbled on someone that was in need and wanted to do what I could.

There's this kiddie show that I've watched every Christmas ... it's a bit goofy for most, but in the show it has this song, with these lyrics in the chorus:

It is the season of the heart

A Special time of caring,

The ways of love made clear ...

It is, the season of the spirit,

the message, if you hear it

is make it last all year!

We teach our kids to love, care and beware, yet many of us allow our lives to get in the way of the meaning of the season.  

I am extremely happy to have found this site.  With all its little quirks, and the desires to beat one's caddy over the head for giving one a club 20 yards longer than the shot requires, the community is simply awesome!  I have made many caring and giving friends here these last 8 months.

I truly hope each and every one of you a very safe and happy holiday season!  Let's try to make it last all year!

All my love, everybody!

Kat ♥

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2013 12:12 PM

Awesome Kat!   Thank you for sharing your story.

Reminds me of an engineer at work who "adopted" a family each year.  He held a Christmas party at his home  and we were encouraged to bring a gift(s) for the family.  On Christmas Day he delivered the gifts.  The bed of his pick-up truck was full.  He, like you, is an amazing person.

Merry Christmas to all and have a great New Year.

Oh and by the way, the Blimp's been updated.  A bit windy over Pebble today but Snoopy's a great pilot...BlimpAd.swf

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2013 12:22 PM

Hi Andy,  

I consider what I did just a very small piece of the puzzle.  My boss so deserves the kudos, however.  He made it his quest to help a woman and her daughter.  I'm just happy I was able to be a part of it.

(I also wanted to get a copy of the blimp!  lol)

My best wishes to you, Andy!  You do sooooo much for this community!  I'm honored to be on your list of friends!

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2013 10:22 PM

DaddysKat:
    I consider what I did just a very small piece of the puzzle.

Hey Kat,

I disagree with this statement. You were the most important piece of the puzzle.....the first piece. If it wasn't for you, your boss would never have found out about that woman and her daughter and would not have spent his time contacting friends and business associates soliciting donations. Sorry, but in my book you get full credit.

A job well done young lady.

MC

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2013 1:27 AM

DaddysKat:

Tonight, I dropped off everyone’s gift at the mother’s place of employment.  With tears streaming down her face for the charity from countless wonderful people, I could not hold back my own.  Later, I came to the realization that, while hoping to change another’s life, I ended up changing my own. 

I hope each of you a wonderful and blessed holiday season!  May the gift of caring and sharing stay with each of us always!

Oh gosh!

Now you've made me cry!

Kat, that was the most awesome thing that I have ever heard of. You're going to go straight to Heaven! And your boss!

I am so happy right now!

• sayanmania
    54 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2013 3:21 AM

can i get a gift??????

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2013 6:12 AM

***********************UPDATE**************************

Good morning everyone-

Well, Day 1 went off as smooth as silk. The Gingerbread Men played their part as Santa perfectly, and that made my job so much easier. So, my thanks again to The GMen.

I have two updates-

1- I have moved The Wooden Tee CC to Day 12. They have something really cool planned (no, I'm not going to tell you what it is) and I thought it best that they close out the event on Day 12. So, that means that Day 11 is now open.

2- Day 11will now be taken by "The Misfit Toys CC". The CC will consist of any players out there that still want a chance to participate in this event. It will be run the same way as Day 1 and Day  6 are being run.

To sign up for "the Misfit Toys CC" just sign up in this thread and simply say, "Sign me up for Day 11", it's that easy. I need twelve players. I'll send you a friend invite and I'll get you the details next week. With that said-

The members of "The Misfit Toys CC" are:

1- Mrcaddie

2- Patriciawilliams

3- Genegold2

4- Daddyskat

5- Frappefort

6- Gdog8

7- Kfaubert

8- Toona

9- Tommyk1981

10- Ziomio

11- Jayw4862

12- Adeypa

Thanks everyone.

MC

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2013 6:34 AM

Patricia Williams…sign me up :-)

• genegold2
    1,302 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2013 6:35 AM

Please, please add me. I am in Day 6, but missed the other one, so please stick my name on this one. Will do what is assigned to me,  Thanks for opportunity to take part and very great job you have done along with the helpers.

RSS