Forums

Help › Forums

Help Wanted.....Santas Needed

Sat, Dec 12 2015 5:05 AM (316 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 4:25 PM

MC is going to kill me for this. All members involved in the 6th day, the Individuals CC giveaway, please send me a friend invite and then tell me what we should choose as our gift., I have limited time at the moment and we need a team effort. Please contact me asap and let's get this taken care of. If you are not on my friends list, please send invite immediately with what you think we can give?

Renni

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 4:43 PM

overtheedge:

overtheedge:
    Here is one sure way you can win a sleeve of gb’s; If you become a Tour Master between Tues. 12-10-13 and Friday 12-13-13 and are one of the first 12 community members to post in the NEW Elites 2nd Day of Christmas thread in the " Everything Else" Topic. – no earlier and obviously no later than Saturday - you will receive a sleeve of gb’s.

PLEASE READ THE CHANGE EVERYONE....Highlighted in BOLD. TY,,,,

Hey Folks,

To clarify.....what Edge means is, this Saturday look for a thread in the "And Everything Else" section of the forums titled, "On the 2nd 12th Day of Christmas". That is where you will find our friends at The Elite Country Club giving away some presents.

• Elknoxious
    1,123 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 6:17 PM

Woohoo! Tomorrow the gift giving extravaganza begins! I'm excited.

Awesome job to all the folks who made this possible including the host, MC Wayne! 

Merry Christmas everyone!

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 8:06 PM

I ran into a very destitute mother and daughter on Thanksgiving while working as a volunteer at the local shelter.  Since she and her daughter came in at the end of serving the long line of people, I fortunately had the time to sit down and talk with them for a while.  Her story really touched me.  I so wanted to do more for this little girl, because when I was little, I grew up with a mother that worked two jobs to keep food on the table and a place to live.  So I went on a quest to help the mother by gifting martial arts lessons to her daughter.  I was fortunate enough to be in a position to where I could, and I recalled where the mother said she worked.  The following week, I went to the restaurant where the mother worked.  I wrote her a note, letting her know that if she would allow me, I would like to give her daughter a gift that will help her as she gets older.  I gave this note to the mother, and thankfully, she was receptive, and accepted my gift.

This small contribution made this young woman’s day.  This would be her daughter’s first year without her dad, and she did not have the money to make her little girl’s Christmas special.  I went to work the following day and told my boss all about it.  Well, he jumped on the bandwagon to help ‘the family’.  He spent countless hours on the phone, contacting friends, work associates and pretty much anyone that would listen to drum up contributions for this mother and daughter.  He did a fabulous job collecting funds for this small family, but left it to me to present it to the mother.

Tonight, I dropped off everyone’s gift at the mother’s place of employment.  With tears streaming down her face for the charity from countless wonderful people, I could not hold back my own.  Later, I came to the realization that, while hoping to change another’s life, I ended up changing my own. 

I hope each of you a wonderful and blessed holiday season!  May the gift of caring and sharing stay with each of us always!

Happy holidays!

Kat

• Elknoxious
    1,123 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 9:09 PM

WOW! That is awesome!

You gave me inspiration. Thank you!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2013 11:09 PM

DaddysKat:

Happy holidays!

Kat

Well done young lady, I've told you before you're a bright spot in my day, and at 11pm the Sun is still shining:)

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2013 7:00 AM

Kat ,just  got up ,first thing i read is your post,,,,,,wow  ...TY for sharing this with us , its making my day ,good start  a big smile on my face  ,thanks to  you , to the family you helped , So glad there are people like you on WGT.            Happy Holidays   mon amie .                                               Frapp

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2013 7:12 AM

very nice Kat , reading that left a lump in my throat ...

Merry Christmas and God bless all ... 

• Heifner
    13 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2013 8:33 AM

whats this thread all about?

• Rohaley
    35 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2013 9:48 AM

Very very nice of you men! Merry Christ mas :) I suppose i am not elegible for a gift? I'm not in a CC? I have worked very hard through survey's to get all the beautiful clubs I have. I was laid off May 9th this year and found this site on the US Open weekend and joined June 15th 2013. I made legend in 89 days. I play a lot. Its all i have is time. It is only by Gods grace I am still in my home with internet. I am so burned out though I cant do more surveys. I wish I had balls. I will never afford the best but the the Srixon $1.80 (2 1/2 bs) are my favorite. I have NO credits so I cant play ready goes...I am sorta good (course I oughta be) but if i were eligible for a Santa gift on WGT i would want lots a balls an some credits to try to earn some credits to be able to get balls an give some gifts to others too :) Merry Christ mas!

RSS