Help › Forums

Quitters (again)

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 6 2010 2:22 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • gene1022
    112 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 3:43 PM

Many times it's not that a person quit. I personally started four rounds the other nite and didn't get to finish them because of game page errors from the site. I don't like quitters either but I also think a lot of us are too quick to call someone a quitter. Sometimes cicumstances prevail.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 4:08 PM

gene1022:
    Sometimes cicumstances prevail.
    Which is why WGT will not "punish" quitters... even though the more sanctimonious of players have been crying out for that remedy.

• AliMartin
    44 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 4:37 PM

Am not asking wgt to punish them.

I just want the option of playing them again or not.

A simple tab with a list I could add those to would simply help.

I accept that sometimes it is someones server goes down or whatever, but when the same player does it 2 or 3 times immediately after hitting a bad shot, or having a bad whole, it becomes more than just a co-incidence.

• Filler
    12 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 4:54 PM

Snaike:

Again, Filler, people will quit and there is nothing you, or WGT, can do about.

Whining doesn't help.

Naming them in the forums only gets your post edited and, should you be a repeat offender, your posts moderated... and if you still can't learn, you get a WGT sponsored time out.

Believe it or not, you putting their names in this forum is breaking more rules than anyone quitting.

Then let's have an end to threads about people quitting. Why keep the debate open when it's an open and shut case? If there is nothing we can do about it, why keep the discussion going? Why not say, as a part of policy, that WGT accepts that people will be rude and will disconnect at will and may unfortunately scupper everybody's game? That WGT have absolutely no desire to look into this current problem. If that's the case then fine.

Surely there's a problem, one that has annoyed and infuriated WGT members with consistent regualarity, and we have a forum here for us to open up a debate about it. You'd hope that it would be treated with a little more respect instead of the 'oh there's nothing that we can do about it' half arsed excuse.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:54 PM

Filler:
    Then let's have an end to threads about people quitting. Why keep the debate open when it's an open and shut case? If there is nothing we can do about it, why keep the discussion going? Why not say, as a part of policy, that WGT accepts that people will be rude and will disconnect at will and may unfortunately scupper everybody's game? That WGT have absolutely no desire to look into this current problem. If that's the case then fine.

If you've noticed, or even if you haven't, WGT's response to the quitter threads (besides a flawed "Reputation Tracking") has been utter and complete silence.  So there is no debate, only the 37 new whines every week about someone quitting a game.

The only reason the debate is kept open is because people keep whinging on and on about it... mostly it's a testosterone thing, sometimes it's not.

I would much rather WGT spent all of it's resources on new courses and the stuttering meter.... oh, and chasing multiples and cheaters...  then spend even one SECOND on the quitter issue.

People quit... get over it.

• Filler
    12 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 2:22 PM

Snaike:

People quit... get over it.

You're right of course.

Here's another quitter: KASHIAWA

Let's encourage simple manners. Thanks.

• PAGES
RSS