Help › Forums

Quitters (again)

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 6 2010 2:22 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AliMartin
    44 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 6:22 PM

number of quitters appears to be on the increase.

I would love to see an addition to the chat box window - another tab at the top.

At the moment it is Menu, friends, invites, chat.

How about another tab......

Menu, friends, invites, chat, quitters.

So can just click on their name soon as they go. If they on this list, they would be blocked from joining you the next time you create a game, and wouldnt appear when you search for one.

• shakyjon
    87 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 10:57 AM

You should check out wgtls.co.uk  It's a rare thing for anyone on there to quit a game, and if someone does, it's because life got in the way and not because they hit a bad shot. 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 11:13 AM

Quitters quit... and you can't stop them, sorry.

Do as Shakyjon suggests... visit the Ladders, make some friends and populate your friends list..

• HussainAkbar
    43 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 11:51 AM

Yeah well, when the wife says: Get your f.... a.. out of that g..d.... chair this instant, that is an irresistible summons, my friend. What is one to do?

• AliMartin
    44 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 12:04 PM

Fair comments from all - and I will check out that site.

If someone wants to quit - that is no big problem.

I would just like to avoid playing them again, so the facility to block them would be handy.

No-one would HAVE to use it - but am sure a few would.

• AwsomeAl
    237 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 1:25 PM

AliMartin:
    So can just click on their name soon as they go. If they on this list, they would be blocked from joining you the next time you create a game, and wouldnt appear when you search for one.

Great idea, wonder if wgt will go for it. Just finished a 4 ball, oops, no sorry, it started as a 4 ball and finished as a 2 ball.

• Filler
    12 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 1:13 PM

Something absolutely needs to be done. I've got to the stage now where I'm becoming sick of it.

In recent weeks I've started leaving notes on peoples walls to indicate a disconector but I don't know if they can remove these notes and I doubt anyone really takes notice of them, but I wanted to come on here and OUT the most recent quitter: ******

He's a Master, and he set the game up... Kiawah, 9 holes, not sure if it was rated. Two join, both pros and both as far as I can tell playing with the default clubs - I do anyway. ****** is in the lead going into the 4th and blows his tee shot into the weeds - seconds later... he's gone.

So this is a Master, who is leading, and he still disconnects. Grow a spine you useless bastards.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 1:35 PM

Again, Filler, people will quit and there is nothing you, or WGT, can do about.

Whining doesn't help.

Naming them in the forums only gets your post edited and, should you be a repeat offender, your posts moderated... and if you still can't learn, you get a WGT sponsored time out.

Believe it or not, you putting their names in this forum is breaking more rules than anyone quitting.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 1:56 PM

Please don't use the forums to make accusations against specific players.  If this were the norm, some people would use the process to tarnish the reputation of innocent individuals as a form of abuse.

So we ask that people avoid treating this communication channel as a court of public opinion.

Thanks for understanding :)

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 2:14 PM

HussainAkbar:

Yeah well, when the wife says: Get your f.... a.. out of that g..d.... chair this instant, that is an irresistible summons, my friend. What is one to do?

tell her to shut her yap

• PAGES
RSS