Forums

Help › Forums

Has something changed?

Fri, Aug 20 2010 5:18 PM (21 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 4:56 PM

b0geybuster:
    The greens are slower in my opinion.  Almost 1 ft slower across the board.  

This sounds right. I just lost a MP round eerily similar to tarheel's. No less than 3 lip outs, all taking a 90 degree turn to the cup. 1 move on the 30 scale, normally 7 ft, didn't go 5.3 flat!

I think WGT is taking strokes from us and giving them to Snaike as a reward for all his sleuthing.  :-D

• mikeymike13
    40 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 5:19 PM

I thought my putter was broke. Glad to find this thread. Seems I'm having to aim more to the outer edge of the line I would normally putt. I was ready to quit playing thinking my putting has gone to hedoublehockeysticks. I have been suffering some bad putting for the last few days. Glad it's not just me.

• DavyJones1980
    43 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 6:12 PM
    Your absolutely Right BB not just on slow greens but even very fast greens at least 1-2 ft slower across the board. Example 6 ft putt little/no slope; (30 pw on the meter 1 click) (ding it), 6ft slow green 7-8.3ft very fast green. Within the last few days 4.3ft (maybe) fast green 5-5.5ft very fast green AND either stops short or veres left/right 3in from hole. Anyones antedotes for this? thanks
  • Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 6:24 PM

Well then I guess it's not just me ! glad to know that bit of information. will have to practice a whole lot more to get my putting game back to where it was before this ! was getting close to Masters level, now back to struggling Pro ! kinda like Tiger !  lol

thanks everyone !

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 6:43 PM

I have started to adjust my putting. What I found odd was I would aim the same as I had before and I kept missing right....I was the type that over adjusted not under adjusted. Then WAMO, BLAMO I found myself under adjusting. I kept questioning myself, wondering if I was doing something different. I just had one that half of the darn ball went over the cup and died on the other side of the hole....WT$%#@

YJ! I have had the same experience....hit is short a few times but it was a 5ft putt uphill 3 foot, straight, shot about 9 went left, about half of the ball over the hole and died on the lip on the back side of the cup....WHAT THE HECK!

• drewsterinone
    190 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 7:31 PM

queston of the day though!?

Are we all getting to comfortable?    

I think i may have been!

DREW

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 7:32 PM

putting before was hard but now its next to impossible !  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 5:19 AM

Stryder1261:
    putting before was hard but now its next to impossible !

I wouldn't go quite that far but this is the third or fourth time in the past few months that threads like this show up-something's changed. It probably does but once these threads show up it's a clue that you need to adjust. It isn't a huge adjustment, more like a fine tune.

As a result of this thread I will make a slight adjustment in my putting attitude and move on. What I don't understand is why these adjustments are made, if they are. Too many people see a difference to think it's just me and I don't have a problem with it but trying to understand why it happens is a bit baffling.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 5:44 AM

That's a good analogy Jim. I believe WGT keeps tweaking the VEM to where the members need to keep adjusting their game. This keeps anyone from getting use to the same game play in Ready-Go's, or multi-player match play for credits. It's always going to remain this way IMO until a version 2.0 download comes out, or the game goes to disc.

Like Jim stated above, we have to keep adjusting to our game play on a weekly basis. It almost seems like WGT is doing background maintenance and this is some what screwing-up the game. Last week my game was all screwy across the board, I cleared my caches, and the game has played flawless for me ever since. That's BETA for you fellas!

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 12:27 PM

Thanks everyone for all the advice & encouragement !

apparently WGT has tweeked it (the Beast) down a little ! still learning some of the nuances but it's not impossible like it was a few days ago !

If they made these adjustments a little at a time, we would all find learning easier to handle than to just go from say a 3 stimp to a 9 !!! thanks for turning it down to around 5 !!!!

The frustration meter has gone down knowing I can make some 1 putts ! and they arent easy !  TY WGT !!!

RSS