Forums

Help › Forums

Has something changed?

Fri, Aug 20 2010 5:18 PM (21 replies)
  • Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 1:57 PM

Looking for some feedback on greens.  before this week I could at least 1 putt a few times in 18 holes,  right now I'm fortunate to 2 putt  and all I seem to do is burn the edges and never had so many lip outs !

Is it just me or have the dots moving on the greens sped up some this week? My average not only for putting but scoring has gone up drastically !  I was avg around 45% within 5 feet of hole, right now it seems more like 15% !

Is it just me or has anybody else seen or felt a change in greens/putt reaction?

any help or feedback will be greatly appreciated !

• SteveOx
    699 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 2:28 PM

Hey Stryder,   I feel the same exactly.   It started a couple of days ago;  my game has gone way down hill.  I believe something has changed.   Maybe  the wind is affecting the  greens around the hole more?

But,  for my remedy:   I changed BACK  to the  default  WGT  balls.  Just for a day.   I got used to those yesterday; and today I went back to my  purchased set.    And what do ya know,   I'm  back to playing a pretty descent  game.

I'm like you;  I feel something has changed but who  knows.??

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 2:40 PM

Yeah Stryder, something has changed. I am not sure if they have tweaked the "Beast" more on the greens or what but I am starting to get annoyed really fast. Average has gone up from a 62 to a 64. It is in the putting. I have tried different balls, different putters. Whatever they have done I HATE IT!

• brorobo
    1 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 2:47 PM

I think something has definitely changed. Way too often the results of a particular shot are no where near the expected results - so much so that I call 'Bull Sh!t' on the game. If you hit a shot perfectly square and perfectly straight, and all of a sudden it pops off your club at a right angle, something's not right. And if we don't know what it is that is causing it, than it's not fair. I've taken to not moving the aiming arrow on my shots, and instead over-compensating for wind (and break on putts) by either massively hooking or slicing my shot. The results are slightly better as far as not having the shot go overly askew, but who knows if that is the reason. It might just be wishful thinking that I can actually have an impact on where my shot is going.

And don't even get me started on the short game. What's the deal with the club distances when pitching and chipping? Are they mere suggestions? And I don't know about any other golfers out there, but when I'm on the course and hit a flop shot, it doesn't come off the club looking like I putted it. I mean, come on!

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 3:10 PM

I have not really noticed these changes on the drive or the short game, just the putting. I have also noticed that the ball sometimes just does not want to drop. I know before anyone says anything I understand the difference between blowing past the hole but I have noticed on the very slow or average putts that 1/2 of the ball can go over the cup and not fall. Is it the beast?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 3:14 PM

I am going to have to agree... played the front at BPB and had 10 putts total.

My putting is usually brutal but these were dropping, so apparently something has changed for the better for me.

• TarheelsRule
    5,486 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 3:25 PM

I have to agree as well.  I played several rounds today where the putts just didn't drop and seemed to dart the wrong way.  My example was a 9 hole round at St Andrews on the front side.  Probably the best round I have ever played tee to green.  Hit every fairway and green, not a big deal to hit nine greens but my average distance to pin was under 10 feet, including a 30 foot eagle putt at #9.  I missed 4 putts, all inside of 6 feet, still shot 31 but that should have been 27, only one putt showed a huge break and I made that one, missed putts that appeared to not even have to be putted out of the hole on all the others, well I completely missed the mark by a long way on one, meter froze and skipped, tried to click as it went by so that was my fault but things seem different.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 3:33 PM

The greens are slower in my opinion.  Almost 1 ft slower across the board.   

Cheers

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 4:06 PM

you know bogeybuster, now that you mention it.....hmmmmm

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 4:27 PM

give it a whirl!

Cheers

RSS