Forums

Help › Forums

The Rossetti chronicles - End credits

Tue, Sep 23 2014 9:06 AM (65 replies)
  • LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2013 5:34 AM

My new waxed jacket arrived like ten minutes ago GMT!

There is nothing more current than that huh?

So, the Boxing day hunt will go ahead and I will glisten dully (because it's waxed) and Pippa the perfect huntswoman will have her nose properly put out of joint. She doesn't even ride a hunter and is fairly pathetic every time she gets thrown. What would the fox say? He would say " Pippa, NO. just no"

Lizzie xx

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2013 5:22 PM

So nice to virtually hear your voice Lizzie. Please be well and enjoy your Holiday.

Renni

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2013 6:01 PM

Lizzie,

We came across each other once or twice in the forums of yonder past........sorry to hear about your plight but you are in the best place in a boat..........been aboard since I was a kid & still am......

A person asked me recently at a function (they never sailed before) to explain briefly what was so special about sailing.......I thought about it (having taught it, sailed it etc...)  and simply said.....it does not matter the type or size of boat or the level of sailing you achieved.....once you let go the ropes from the dock you remove yourself from the land and all the cares in the world.........once you turn off your mobile, of course,.......

:-)

Barry

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2013 6:19 PM

Well said Sir, I too love the Sea, it is a place of peace.  Can be brutal when it rears it's ugly head , but it is a place of letting you know just how small you are in this vast universe.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2013 1:47 AM

Dearest Mira, 

Thank you for your wishes, I appreciate your and every one else's thoughts. I should just say that I don't actually live on my yacht, although I did sail her up from Plymouth to here over the summer.

She lies at an anchorage just off the island I now live on, in a one bedroom former croft house overlooking a bay littered with islets and seals and all the fish I can eat. Sea Eagles rest and spy from the toppermost branches of some nearby trees, stags watch me in the bath (no frosted vanity glass here) and pine martins eat banana from my hand, and sometimes cakes from the counter if I leave the door open.

I sail two or three times a week, weather permitting and often go around the headland to shop at the smallest village in history, to the one shop which sells just cans, cards and potatoes, and a handy supply of peat for the fire. None of your eco-warrior babble up here, peat keeps you warm, alive and vibrant, which to me at least is a happier circumstance than saving a little bit of land for nobody to look at. Murdo the peat cutter appreciates the benefits too, I'm sure.

On a clear day, I can sit atop the highest point on the Island and see where Ireland is, I can't actually see her, but I know where she is and it becomes worth the climb, something I used to think of as nothing, but now is a major achievement which helps me appreciate the small wonders in the life I am left with, and I don't worry anymore about people leaving the seat up in the loo, and such other crises that trouble the undertroubled mind.

Lizzie xx 

• craigswan
    30,991 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2013 3:15 AM

Lizzie - I,m reading this with a tear in my eye .

May your god go with you .

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2013 8:17 AM

Not sure which part you are looking at Ireland from Lizzie,but can you see the Sleeping Giant from where you are?if so that narrows it down a bit for me.Happy sailing and a Happy Xmas to you.

Pdx.x

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2013 9:22 AM

I've always wanted more after reading words you've dropped for us, always.

More ability to think and write like you, at first, ultimately wishing to trade your next 5 years for my next 45.

I admire you, envy that spark inside of you and for sharing a twinkle of it.

You're leaving heart impressions like footprints in the sand for all of us I think, in mine for certain.

the smallest things matter more somehow - 

Bless you and thank you for adding so much color and life to an otherwise muted canvas

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 3:45 AM

LizzieRossetti:
    I should just say that I don't actually live on my yacht

LOL.......partly guessed that ,especially at this time of year & where you are located.....

Here's an Xmas card from Giles, one of my favourite cartoonists.........

& for sailing........

:-)

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Fri, Dec 27 2013 7:19 PM

Ah, Ms. Rossetti,

Should your jaxed whacket be of an impertinent size, causing foibles to follicles and such, might I suggest you have Lambert procure some bear tallow and render it down for it's almost pure lanolin content. Mind you, please advise him to kill the bear first ( they don't take lightly to such things) and add a few drops of your favorite scent.  The resultant skin cream is guaranteed to leave your skin smooth as a baby's buttocks, and is also known to have regenerative properties.

Doc :)

RSS