Forums

Help › Forums

The Rossetti chronicles - End credits

Tue, Sep 23 2014 9:06 AM (65 replies)
  • LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2013 2:59 PM
    I made it to 30!! ( Years of age )
    Some days I was sure I would never. I have however, a small yet insidious problem with which to contend. In fact, it is rather more invidious than sidious but which either way it has to do with the buttons on my jacket scraping the desk as I type, although in some ways, I rather believe I should get over it without a wholesome struggle given that at sea, far worse things could occur. Such as catching your watch whilst passing through gangways made narrow due to space restraint, even if you have worn it quite a lot and should rightly be completely used to its sticking outness.  Time to dwell on that later I thought, but rather too late for it to matter, if to matter was any matter at all.
    I am afraid I rather exceeded myself over the summer, but don't let me spoil the surprise I felt whilst in the cinema at Lowestoft, it was sunny and I spilled a perfectly good take-away coffee on that bench in the pedestrian walkway- not the one where the thug stamped on a pigeon in 2009 and I slapped him, but the one where the man with tattoos and large mouth was talking about his last trip to Holland with his wife while she listened listless because they were married and I fancy she was thinking of some way to nag him by intertrupting inconveniently as would I have been doing, if indeed I hadn't already just turned my pretty head and walked away. Even if it is now a bob-cut after the chemotherapy and ensuing bald as a smooth coots egg.
    Well it's not really a bob-cut as such, more a bob-grow, as that's just how it fashioned itself on it's own.
    So anyway as if a week on the cruiser wasn't enough, which it wasn't, I ended up taking to the sea once more with "Sweet Jane" bless her fin keel, which is a wholesome different story to Broads in Norfolk, separated at birth one might surmise, and the common nedominator being wet and watery.
    And that's why I have to leave WGT because having moved by sail from Devon to Scotland the whole Yacht, it seemed too ridiculously easy not to stay to Scotland and live forever, my leaukaemia permitting, and other sundry things like mortality but at least I made 30 anni which my last employ was not proper good at promising.  Sort of explains why I resigned my commission in a confusing way, and to BobX1 and Billcliff from my first CC, The Derbyshire, I say sorry because you both always supported me and wanted to see me in Uniform.
    After being ravished by sun hot enough to fry bacon on my belly with ( except for the coconut taste from the UV blocker the Doctors forced me to wear) and being chased by dolphins and impersonating porpii, who by the way stayed with me from Pembroke to Harlech, I steered into Menai where I would have met with Sdorr and Strangemagik if only I had said, but I feared Andyson Inc. pty. might have come up with target  acquisition by then, and sold it to USA Ltd for vast sums of dolopoly money with which, if he had been burgled and the robber knew how to spend it, it is entirely possible some of the proceeds would have found their way in to the Custard concession racket at most Comprehensives and some High Schools, and I simply could not have lived with that.
    I'll tell you whatty, The Irish Sea is no rollover, even on a calm bright day with a beaufort 4 the waves tremendered on the beam like as if Liverpool had angered them, or maybe it was Morecombe because that nice chippy shut down two years ago, and the man in the computer shop asked me for ID, in which case, the waves were entirely and with my blessing,  justified.
    To cut short a long story, much to Sweetiepies relief, I arrived in timely manner on the Western shores of Scotland, where I am to make my new home. More literally than I first intended, but heck, I have Lambert and Cook and the stable lad at my side, so I shan't be too long, and the timber is my own.
    I have been given five years by the medics all being well, so I need to make the most of that that I may and that's one more reason I wont be able to continue here. That and the fact that where I shall be does not have internet availability...
    So it's goodbye, adieu, arrivederci to all the people I knew;
    Mio- Out drove me but I drove you nuts right? :-) It's time to Free Mio wgt... 
    Strangemagik- The original trefogulator
    Ike  (WGTicon) - You made me wriggle when you talked sexy food and tables
    Chad (MisterWGT)- Who never did get the helicopter pics
    CS- Nailing StA 17 Eagle
    Lyra- My self inflicted nemesis (all those hours of me teaching and what? you BEAT me? Pfft)
    Welshspitfire- Who rose and grew despite hating golf
    Yancycan- He really CAN you know
    Andyson- Such a gentle sweet man with a heart to match his humour
    Renn- Life bane to YankeeJim, who loves you really Renn
    Sdorr- who laughed with socks on or off
    So many others- Without you, I could not say goodbye, and mean it
    To the legions of friends whose names will stay in my heart, not for their golf prowess, but for giving me a beautiful reason to exist
    And to those whom I upset and angered- Tough
    To the WGT staffers- You read my emails, that was enough
    To the prattlers and the mighty mouths, the self deluded and less than dumb- You were made to entertain in the forums, never stop
    I love you all, but no warts please, I already have my Princess.
    From time to time I will visit the Folks in Devon and if WGT still is here, will pop in through the cat flap for a natter and a bowl of cream.
    Lizzie xx
    The End
  • LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2013 3:09 PM

uh huh.

I wrote the above with the appropriate spacing but seven edit attempts on and still it posted as an dislegible block.

So, 'fraid if you do read it, you will have done so without the eye catching benefit of spacing, and as they say, Not my bad..

Lizzie xx

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2013 3:31 PM

Lizzie, oh my dear Lizzie, it will never be the same. My dear I wish you the best and think of you often. I don't know what else to say other than this damn stupid game won't be the same without you. For our dear StrangeMagic, I have not heard from him and miss him badly. If you would ever care to speak by pm, please let me know with a message and I will send my E-mail. That is as long as you have internet.

Rich

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2013 5:39 PM

Dang Liz...had ya pegged for 45-ish;)

Good to see ya around!

But sorry to see ya go :(

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2013 6:09 PM

All the best Lizzie, never played but you sound a good egg ....... no pun intended ;-)

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2013 8:21 PM

Mio mentioned your problems Lizzie. Sorry to hear of the tough times you've had. I wish you all the best for the future.

Always a pleasure in Alt play.

Hope to see you back on here in the future. 

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2013 10:37 PM

hyena64:

Only know you from your most interesting writings here, but I wish you the very best all the same Lizzie!      :-)

I to only know her from her writings on the forum.   She is and will continue to be a person of intellect, guided by a rich sense of humor, and an uncommon outlook on life.

For me to say that to a complete stranger is remarkable, just as she is and will always remain, a remarkable person.

My sincere regrets concerning your failing health.  I to am failing, but up to now it is at a rate I can Live with, LOL !

Goodby, be as well as you can for as long as you can.  Remain who and what you are to the very end, and Never, Ever ! give up.   my nickle.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2013 10:40 PM

ps,  a tear has fallen for you.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2013 10:51 PM

Wow! That is old. :-)

This was meant as a joke as I'm sure Lizzie will appreciate but I thought I'd better add this little proviso before I get any more posts on my wall from outraged busy bodies who have taken offence on her behalf. Good luck and take care Lizzie. :-)

RSS