Help › Forums

The Rossetti chronicles - End credits

Tue, Sep 23 2014 9:06 AM (65 replies)
  • overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Sep 4 2014 5:03 AM

LizzieRossetti:

Dearest Mira, 

Thank you for your wishes, I appreciate your and every one else's thoughts. I should just say that I don't actually live on my yacht, although I did sail her up from Plymouth to here over the summer.

She lies at an anchorage just off the island I now live on, in a one bedroom former croft house overlooking a bay littered with islets and seals and all the fish I can eat. Sea Eagles rest and spy from the toppermost branches of some nearby trees, stags watch me in the bath (no frosted vanity glass here) and pine martins eat banana from my hand, and sometimes cakes from the counter if I leave the door open.

I sail two or three times a week, weather permitting and often go around the headland to shop at the smallest village in history, to the one shop which sells just cans, cards and potatoes, and a handy supply of peat for the fire. None of your eco-warrior babble up here, peat keeps you warm, alive and vibrant, which to me at least is a happier circumstance than saving a little bit of land for nobody to look at. Murdo the peat cutter appreciates the benefits too, I'm sure.

On a clear day, I can sit atop the highest point on the Island and see where Ireland is, I can't actually see her, but I know where she is and it becomes worth the climb, something I used to think of as nothing, but now is a major achievement which helps me appreciate the small wonders in the life I am left with, and I don't worry anymore about people leaving the seat up in the loo, and such other crises that trouble the undertroubled mind.

Lizzie xx 

I miss these stories, updates and some very interesting insight from the world according to Lizzie. I miss Lizzie period

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Thu, Sep 4 2014 6:33 AM

(with cup raised) here's to advancing sideways and a little backwards Lizzie... for sometimes we have to go backwards and a little to the side to fully understand forward.....

With all the sand angels I can muster,

Love Paul

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Sep 4 2014 5:50 PM

Why oh Why are we left in suspense? I would give more than I have just to hear a phrase from Lizzie. A priceless jewel that is missing from so many lives. I know I speak for so many here on (WGT). The life line of thousands who truly enjoy the friendships we have found here. I don't know what else to say, all I can do is pray.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Sep 4 2014 6:07 PM

overtheedge:
    I miss Lizzie period

Myself as well.

She's always been a bright spot.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 6:38 AM

MBaggese:

++++ 100   Yes she has.

I use to have a link to her chronicles and writings / stories but lost it. Does anyone have the link to that thread? 

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 10:40 AM

overtheedge:

MBaggese:

++++ 100   Yes she has.

I use to have a link to her chronicles and writings / stories but lost it. Does anyone have the link to that thread? 

I typed in chronicles in the forum search and came across this.

Hope this is what you are looking for OTE

Chronicles

Russell

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 2:05 PM

russellfahey:

TY Russell. 

There was a link that opened one if not a few of Lizzie's stories. Actually I think it might have been a book, not sure. It was soooo cool. Hopefully some day soon someone will sneak a peek at this thread and will answer our call. Fingers crossed,,,,on BOTH hands,,lol. TY again Russell. Jeff

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 2:37 PM

overtheedge:

russellfahey:

TY Russell. 

There was a link that opened one if not a few of Lizzie's stories. Actually I think it might have been a book, not sure. It was soooo cool. Hopefully some day soon someone will sneak a peek at this thread and will answer our call. Fingers crossed,,,,on BOTH hands,,lol. TY again Russell. Jeff

Your welcome Jeff,i've been scouring the forum pages in search of the book your reffering to,with no luck.

The weird thing was my Mrs who doesn't even play WGT was asking about Lizzie yesterday.As i have told her about Lizzie in the past and her unfortunate illness.We are just hoping she is having treatment,and will soon be back here in the forums.

Russell

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Mon, Sep 15 2014 1:57 PM

Yep I remember that journal of Lizzie's. Had stories, poems and some real cool drawings. That was a long time ago. I looked but couldn't find it . Maybe someone else will have better luck. She had a link to it in one of her posts. Miss her.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Mon, Sep 15 2014 3:48 PM

Boomerboy44:
    Yep I remember that journal of Lizzie's. Had stories, poems and some real cool drawings.

YES! Right -on Boomer. Does anyone have the link or remember the thread? TY to anyone who may help. 

RSS