Forums

Help › Forums

Help Wanted...Christmas in July

Tue, Jul 7 2015 12:30 PM (133 replies)
  • patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2013 6:54 PM

The elves are working hard and my x-mas bag is almost full....:-)

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2013 8:02 PM

• VirtualGareth
    94 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 12:39 AM

mrcaddie:

I hope this answers your questions.

MC

Does indeed. Thanks for the information!

I really hope that WGT takes note of what you guys are doing here!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 4:43 AM

Once again I am honored to be a part of the giving. Xmas was a huge success, with many happy and surprised players receiving unexpected gifts from strangers. I did notice a few players trying to receive gifts every day. I believe we have a handle on this now and it will work well. The word stranger is used quite often. To me, these strangers were only friends I hadn't met yet. I gave several gifts last year and these strangers are still on my friends list, no longer strangers. I have played many fun rounds with these folks since last year and the rewards for me speak for themselves. When I ever get back to playing on a regular basis, I will play with any one of any level. I play for fun only and always have a great time. Please don't expect too many pointers from me, I am still considered the worst Legend on WGT. I am looking forward to doing my part on day 2. Not sure what I will be gifting, but it will not be just a sleeve of balls. I will try to make 2 friends I haven't met yet very happy. Hint: I will be gifting to 2 very deserving up and coming, honest lower level players. To my friends on the Santa list, please contact me with some ideas of who you think I should choose. I have pretty much been out of the loop and am clueless at the moment.

Renni

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 9:45 AM

renniw52:
    very deserving up and coming, honest lower level players.

This is what I shall be doing also , I hope to find some newer players that need that first upgrade to make the game better for them .

OPY

• looselugnutz
    1,375 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 11:09 AM

The same for me as to my gifting.  I'll be looking for the noobs in the crowd.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 11:52 AM

• garygun
    80 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 12:09 PM

Renni...Cheers for giving to others, (again). Just thought I would brighten your day... you are only 2nd worst Legend as you have me by 3 strokes! 

Tip for lower levels - I played too many rounds on easier courses, (mainly St. Andrews), and ended up at Legend and being uncompetitive, except for the rare occasion when I play like I`m 40 years younger. If you still have 18 year old reflexes you can be competitive at this level without top-of-the-line equipment but the older the reflexes the more you need help from your equipment.

I took advantage of free rental weekend and tried TM R1 Super TP 8.0 Black Driver L93+ (loved it) / TM R11 Irons L90+ and 3wd L85 (very nice but SM too fast 4 me) / Cleveland CG16 Wedges (very nice but a little fast) / Odyssey Versa #1 Black Putter L70+ (very Nice).

I had selected a number of other high end clubs but was unable to try them as a pop-up reminder that I had unused rentals kept blocking me from changing my equipment.

Bottom line on new clubs/balls is if you can afford them they will definitely lower your scores and increase your enjoyment. It would be nice to score better but the cost of buying the best clubs would leave me playing starter balls and with these old reflexes I still would not shoot in the 50s regardless of my equipment. Although that driver might let me catch up to you. 

LOL

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 3:11 PM

mrcaddie:

fully aware of what we're doing and I've been in contact with them.

Stay tuned.

And a nother good thing happend in WGT land .

iaaR ( R ) ft 

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 4:15 PM

I really love my friends on WGT. What a bunch of total nuts, and great people. 

RSS