6,704 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 7:12 AM

looselugnutz:
    WGT in to, at the very least, advertise this

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 4:52 PM

Just some thoughts-

Can I just say that I think it's incredible that all these random people from all over the world can all work together to send gifts to people they've never met before. Yes, I know the equipment is virtual but we have people who are taking money out of their own pockets...be it from their retirement accounts, saving accounts or from their next paychecks to help out someone they've never met before, all in an effort for them to have a little more enjoyment in their lives by playing this game. Sure, some people may be using credits they got from videos and such but not everyone is.

I can honestly say that there isn't one person playing Santa during this event that I've ever met in real life, but here they are, stepping forward and using their hard earned cash to help a random person, that they've never met, help take their minds off the trials and tribulations of daily life, that we all deal with, if only for a short time while we all play this game.

I'm not looking for any accolades, they should go to the players that are stepping forward to make this happen, if it wasn't for them this would not be happening.

I apologize in advance, I was hoping for this to be more eloquently written but I'm not the best writer.

Thanks to all the Santas.

MC

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 5:19 PM

^^^ You Sir, need to apologize for nothing . It was your impetus that got the ball rolling, and it is truly a wonderful thing. I have been on both ends of the gifting phenomena here & have been following this thread closely. Again, you are all to be accoladed for participating in such a generous act.

Doc :)

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 5:26 PM

mrcaddie:

I apologize in advance, I was hoping for this to be more eloquently written but I'm not the best writer.

Are you kidding? That is the most heart felt words i've seen yet, most definitely one of the reason I have volunteered for this! The gift of giving, the honesty of people on here, and the hope of helping someone who enjoys this Virtual Game of Wgt, yet alone being able to forget the hardness of life and who comes here to forget, or even as myself, just loves the fun , the game and the gr8 folks i've met along the way!

Bottom line is that whatever reason we are here, let's have a good time of it!

• looselugnutz
    1,336 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 6:30 PM

^^^^^

Amen!

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2013 6:58 AM

Doc-

I still remember your kind words from last years event. Thank you for reiterating them here this year. I'm sure that means a lot to all those who are participating this time around.

Very kind of you.

Wayne

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2013 4:32 PM

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2013 5:06 PM

Thought I would post it here as it is related to gifting. I have a new friend on here whom I have been helping with the game to improve as well as doing surveys & videos to get him better clubs. He just finished a tournament with an unbelievable score and would like to get him an avatar. He's from South Africa and here is his avatar he is currently using. I could just ask him which one he likes but want to surprise him. 

Avatar Thank you very much for your feed back.

Joe

Out of the 3 South African Avatars which one would you think comes close to this one.

• pjctas0822
    4,534 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2013 5:07 PM

mrcaddie:

Doc-

I still remember your kind words from last years event. Thank you once again for reiterating them here this year. I'm sure that means a lot to all those who are participating this time around.

Very kind of you.

Wayne

You Sir are classy . I just want to be a part of something good.

Here is an excerpt from the person I gave a gift to at Xmas time this past year . He wrote it on my wall...........

03 Jul 2013 @ 6:04 PM

"Like to help you"

pj last year you gifted me a sleeve of balls in the "12 days of christmas" and I see that you are gifting again for the "holidays in july" I have 1000 credits available and would like to assist you. I don't know enough about this but am willing to gift some balls or what ever up to 1000 credits, be it one thing or three sleeves or whatever to assist you. Not looking for any fan fare or pats  on the back for this just looking to help. Seeing I don't know who or how to choose, if you could tell me what to send and to who in your behalf I'd be happy to do so

Thanks

Dick

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2013 7:52 PM

Wow, that's priceless PJ.

Thanks for sharing that.

MC

RSS