Forums

Help › Forums

Help Wanted...Christmas in July

Tue, Jul 7 2015 12:30 PM (133 replies)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2013 7:57 PM

josephk2317:
    I could just ask him which one he likes but want to surprise him.

Joseph-

You never know, maybe someone playing Santa during this event will be giving away avatars. You should point your friend in our direction in a few days.

MC

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2013 8:58 PM

ZioMio:

Zio-

Thanks for the bump!

Wayne (MC)

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2013 10:52 PM

That would be a very nice gesture and would really make him happy. 

Here's his WGT name:

per Santa's policy, 

Thank You

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2013 11:36 PM

Joseph-

Tell your friend to look in the 'And Everything Else" section of the forums in about a week or so, he might get some pretty cool gifts if he's paying attention.

FYI- the Santas frown upon people nominating other people for gifts. If someone would like a gift, then they should be here to ask for it.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 1:16 PM

• Elknoxious
    1,123 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 11:34 PM

mrcaddie:

Just some thoughts-

Can I just say that I think it's incredible that all these random people from all over the world can all work together to send gifts to people they've never met before. Yes, I know the equipment is virtual but we have people who are taking money out of their own pockets...be it from their retirement accounts, saving accounts or from their next paychecks to help out someone they've never met before, all in an effort for them to have a little more enjoyment in their lives by playing this game. Sure, some people may be using credits they got from videos and such but not everyone is.

I can honestly say that there isn't one person playing Santa during this event that I've ever met in real life, but here they are, stepping forward and using their hard earned cash to help a random person, that they've never met, help take their minds off the trials and tribulations of daily life, that we all deal with, if only for a short time while we all play this game.

I'm not looking for any accolades, they should go to the players that are stepping forward to make this happen, if it wasn't for them this would not be happening.

I apologize in advance, I was hoping for this to be more eloquently written but I'm not the best writer.

Thanks to all the Santas.

MC

Nicely said MC!

It's the little things in life that matter. 

Sure getting excited for this wonderful event to kick off!

• VirtualGareth
    94 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2013 12:08 AM

mrcaddie:

Joseph-

Tell your friend to look in the 'And Everything Else" section of the forums in about a week or so, he might get some pretty cool gifts if he's paying attention.

FYI- the Santas frown upon people nominating other people for gifts. If someone would like a gift, then they should be here to ask for it.

Ok - so, lets imagine that I am in need of a new set of irons ........ what am I to do? Do I check the "And Everything Else" section from the 13th on? Is it first come, first served? Does this mean that some people (because of geographic location) will be at a disadvantage?

For the record, whether I am one of the lucky chosen few or not, I think that this is a superb idea! Fair play to all the Santa's involved!

Maybe we could arrange a follow on from this, and have those who benefit from the process "pay if forward" by playing 9 holes with somebody from a lower tier than them and offering tips / advice etc on the way around? 

On that note - if any of you Legends /Tour Legends etc ever feel like hacking around for 9 holes with me and passing on some of your knowledge then please get in touch. Would love to pick your brain in a game situation!

• looselugnutz
    1,375 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2013 2:53 AM

I'm still waiting to hear from WGT, for nothing more than to know that they'll advertise this to the rest of the community. Sure as hell would be nice to know that they're in on this, as well.

As for you, VG, ring me anytime I'm green, mate. Would be more than happy to have a few rounds with you.

loose

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2013 3:59 PM

VirtualGareth:
    Ok - so, lets imagine that I am in need of a new set of irons ........ what am I to do? Do I check the "And Everything Else" section from the 13th on? Is it first come, first served? Does this mean that some people (because of geographic location) will be at a disadvantage?

VG-

That's exactly how it works. Starting on the 13th there will be a new post each day in the "And Everything Else" section. You won't know what's being given away until you find the thread. People will respond but it's entirely up to the person playing Santa to pick and choose who they want to send gifts to.

Like last year, I'll be starting a "locked" thread in the forums where I'll list the day, what was given away, who played Santa and who the recipients were. The Santas can use it to make sure no one person has any advantage over others and keeps winning presents day after day. Our goal is to reach as many different players as possible.

I know for a fact we have people playing Santa from different countries and in multiple time zones. We probably have people who are retired and can start their day any time they'd like and have others that have to go to work and won't start their day until they get home.

It's completely random.

I hope this answers your questions.

MC

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2013 4:03 PM

looselugnutz:
    I'm still waiting to hear from WGT, for nothing more than to know that they'll advertise this to the rest of the community. Sure as hell would be nice to know that they're in on this, as well.

LLN-

They are fully aware of what we're doing and I've been in contact with them for days.

Stay tuned.

MC

RSS