Forums

Help › Forums

VEM in WGT explained

Thu, Nov 26 2015 2:58 PM (258 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2013 5:00 PM

thebigeasy707:
    in my opinion and from the game results I see....no one is maxing out the skill level all the time...not even the best players,

And there's the rub!  Once they do reach the max, they are home free! All they can do is decrease their skill level, then VEM helps them get back to max!!

• FBudd
    208 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2013 5:03 PM

So with what we now know about VEM, it makes total sense that the people who complain about the perfect first 9 then shocking second are being effected by VEM? I mean the perfect scoring is making VEM increase its deviancy ?

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2013 5:07 PM

duffer19:
    Has VEM always been a part of this game or was it introduced last year for example?

JMO, I think it's always been a part of the game, since day 1.  Before the patent was uncovered old-timers will remember discussions about "The Beast" causing those WTF shots.

Keep in mind the threshold of when VEM takes action is adjustable.  So I'm saying WGT could have changed the threshold recently to make the game more challenging.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2013 5:20 PM

andyson:

duffer19:
    Has VEM always been a part of this game or was it introduced last year for example?

JMO, I think it's always been a part of the game, since day 1.  Before the patent was uncovered old-timers will remember discussions about "The Beast" causing those WTF shots.

Keep in mind the threshold of when VEM takes action is adjustable.  So I'm saying WGT could have changed the threshold recently to make the game more challenging.

makes good sense Andy, thanks again!

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2013 5:28 PM

andyson:
    And there's the rub!  Once they do reach the max, they are home free! All they can do is decrease their skill level, then VEM helps them get back to max!!

more than likely...WGT have the game controlled nowadays so that it's highly improbable but not impossible to reach max. but i dare say a few have got close...who knows?

that's many people's goal...to reach holy grail of this game....to reach max.

for now, mine's is just to relax and play with friends...chat on skype ...play as good as i can and have fun doing it. that's where it's at.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2013 5:29 PM

andyson:
    Before the patent was uncovered old-timers will remember discussions about "The Beast" causing those WTF shots.

Testifying on that. The discovery of the patent more or less confirmed the existence of something affecting the game. I say affecting, not manipulating because your example was an excellent way of making it understandable as it relates to one's individual game. It certainly explains my average game and lack of obvious WTF shots.  :-)

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2013 6:29 PM

thebigeasy707:

One fundamental reason we are not all getting VEM'd equally in the same RG single play game or indeed any game for that matter is purely and simply because everyone's level of skill & scoring at that precise moment in  time will differ with regards to their pattern of ranked game results...therefore VEM will be taking it easy on some players and hammering the bejesus out of other players...depending on how they've been playing / scoring recently.

If folks say they don't get VEM'd well.......if it's in the game that each of us all play, how can they say it's not happening to them?

The VEM patent clearly states to the contrary that VEM is based around the skill level of performance of a player at a given time. Play good and it'll come at you....play not as good and it'll ease off.

Good post TBE. So you can agree with me that we are not getting a level playing field?

Lol, i can't see how you would not agree. Could careless about Vem, but a level playing field is a must if going to compete,,,no?

How can we have competitions and have it be fair? That is the question!!!!!!!!!!!

I do find some of the better players must be getting killed, lol, because i'm finding the leader board more often.  :)

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2013 7:02 PM

thebigeasy707:
    I do believe all players are confronted by VEM...why wouldn't they be?

This is the million credit question...  Favoritism? Manipulation of the system? Lack of improvement in playing ability? Some other unknown factor? Inquiring minds want to know.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2013 7:08 PM

geraldlarousse:
    How can we have competitions and have it be fair? That is the question!!!!!!!!!

As it is geared to an individuals' performance, it does not affect all players equally. This is what we have to keep in mind, every shot, all the time. Some of the best minds on here have dissected this ad infinitum. Bottom line, poke and hope. Rose colored glasses on sale now at the pro shop.

Doc :)

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2013 7:28 PM

drmoose:

geraldlarousse:
    How can we have competitions and have it be fair? That is the question!!!!!!!!!

As it is geared to an individuals' performance, it does not affect all players equally. This is what we have to keep in mind, every shot, all the time. Some of the best minds on here have dissected this ad infinitum. Bottom line, poke and hope. Rose colored glasses on sale now at the pro shop.

Doc :)

Yeah Doc you are right. I have been saying all along that the playing field is not fair. It is very easy to see that it is not.

Have no problem with Vem as i have stated so many times, but got to have a level playing field. 

If not, why are we having competitions? And for credits? Something i'm missing here?

RSS