Forums

Help › Forums

Idiots

Wed, Jul 28 2010 5:52 PM (6 replies)
  • PJFallon
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 9:18 AM

Just played against a master and beat him by one stroke, only it doesnt count coz he disconnected on the last hole before i could beat him.

gutted and angry!!!!

Paul.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 1:51 PM

PJ... if you were playing match play it counted.  And if it was stroke play it still counts... you know you beat him/her.  And if they quit you do know that you can continue... yes?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 2:23 PM

Or you can visit their wall and thank them, in your own fashion of course.  ;-)

• RockSteady
    498 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 5:30 PM

check out web site  WGTLS.co.uk.  We golf on this site and have a format that quitting is very, very rare.  A golfer quits he gets a strike.  Three strikes and they are out.  Golfers who hate quitters started it for golfers who hate quitters.  

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 11:50 PM

Hey Paul,

Sorry to hear that - but you need to develop a friends list of like minded people - or join a country club and get to know the players in the club. Thats a really good way of making friends.

Just picking a game with an-other player, you're asking for trouble.

I have experienced similar - very little mind you. Some players I play against will say - hey, I'm not going to putt out on the last if thats OK with you. No issues at all from me. We have an enjoyable game, and when he leaves on the last pitting green - thats cool. Its only a game after all and it takes all kinds. I just dont get to uptight about it.

Relax, enjoy, and stay cool. :-)

Cheers

Doug 

• rockinroland
    214 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 10:58 PM

Hi PJ    rocksteady has it a bit wrong  Wgtls does not boot you for quitting. players do quit. but here's the sweet part they HAVE to post a loss to you. failure to post a loss results in a yellow card. Now three of these and your out .but its a great bucnh of people who understand the meter. or jus an off day will result in a bad game so no biggie if they quit you still get a win. you can climb the ladder and if you win at the right time you can climb all the way to #1 and have bragging rights. Since joining I dont play random games. no need to.check it out wgtls.co.uk. come join and if you have any questions go to Meet & greet we will be glad to help you get started. Good luck and may the meter monster stay in his cave.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 5:52 PM

Hey Paul, (PJ) Here's a link to the Ladders web site. The days of your playing partners quitting have ended. Enjoy.

RSS