Forums

Help › Forums

Jiminez's Wall Shot in HD

Fri, Jul 23 2010 2:48 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Valrec
    70 Posts
    Sun, Jul 18 2010 11:13 AM

Thanks for posting that, Sargen, I've watched a lot of the coverage but missed that shot.

Amazing, cheeky and it payed off for him...Nice.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 2:55 AM

Haha, he´s a genius. Has anyone tried this shot on WGT?

• Baffin
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 3:36 AM

It is not the first time this has been done,I have seen it before, alough some time ago.

• aiea
    7 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 3:41 AM

No doubt more luck than genius...Very risky in that the wall has a very rough and uneven surface, and as hard as he hit it, it could have deflected in a number of directions. Ballsy effort for sure, but pure unadulterated luck that the ball went striaght up in the air and onto the green and not back into the middle of his forehead..!!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 10:08 AM

aiea:
    Ballsy effort for sure, but pure unadulterated luck that the ball went striaght up in the air and onto the green and not back into the middle of his forehead..!!
    My thoughts exactly...  how he didn't figure on eating that golf ball is boggling.

I have enough trouble with random ricochets off of trees and back at me... I'd be down right silly to intentionally hit toward a rock wall.  lol

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 10:21 AM

seveking:
    Has anyone tried this shot on WGT?

It would be nice if we could make a shot like that at St. Andrews 17th hole if the opportunity was there. Unfortunately, if you try this shot, the ball is going to go through wall. I found this out during a qualifying round. My second shot bounced off the green towards the wall, and the ball went through it resulting in a one stroke penalty, and a lost ball.  : )

• Antipholus
    16 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2010 1:46 PM

i lost 3 gi3-d balls in the days following the open trying to replicate the shot before finally realizing that our wall is but a mere mirage. Oh well I can still sink 4-8 foot putts with my pitching wedge on here consistently enough. I guess Im a one trick pony.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2010 2:48 PM

Antipholus:
    i lost 3 gi3-d balls in the days following the open trying to replicate the shot

LOL-So did I. Hit a wedge the first try and it went over the fence. Tried a 3i the second time and it went through the fence!  I cut my losses at 2.   :-D

• PAGES
RSS