Forums

Help › Forums

cheating software

Wed, Dec 6 2023 10:32 PM (154 replies)
  • Ecka65
    245 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2013 4:59 AM

Aww FFS!  I've spent fecking months trying to hit ding after ding and now it seems that is what the problem is???  Less dings = less deviations?  Already feels like I have a blood clot in my brain trying to work out my shots...now i have to remember NOT to hit the ding too often.............lol...owch, head hurts...

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2013 5:25 AM

It seems there is truth to all the allegations of stuff that appears on WGT after all. For ages we where hearing there was VEM and cheat programs in the game. But then we got a multitude of  people coming to the forums spitting venom, and saying there was no such thing. For those of us who always knew there was cheating and VEM, we can be a little bit vindicated in knowing we where doing our best at the game, and that we where not such bad players after all. We had to go through the "your just crap, practice practice practice" routine on a daily basis.

Anyway, i gave up trying to be a top dog here a long time ago because i knew i was just banging my head against a wall. I fear that until something can be done about these cheat programs, then it will always be that way. WGT need to come up with something that is foolproof, because leaving it as it is is only playing into the hands of these people who are cheating.

Just in case you are thinking im banging on about low scores, im not. It can be done, and ive done it myself on several occasions. But if my best effort was a 60, then this program could help somebody come up with a 56 maybe? And if there are many using it on the same game, then my 60 will only be good enough to leave me in the top 100, and out of the credit placements.

This is why i have given up on playing RG's, and is probably why i can only scrape a few placings in the free weeklys. Who knows?

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2013 5:42 AM

My average is 63.5 and fairly reflective of the way play :0) so I can't complain at that.  I can see that if I cared to start making copious notes I could knock 3/4 shots off a round.  I roughly "guestimate" everything with no notes to speak of but am happy.  I may do something about that and I may not but I can see where they would be a huge help! Actually up to T Master leveI I never found a need! 

So immediately I am good for 60 average, no question if I care to.........May be wrong but my thoughts.  Now some people will just be be better so I can see where the really good scores come from at the top level, no need to cheat.  Should I ever decide to make those notes and (I will say it) get to a level where I get all the equipment I will know my true potential whatever that may be.

In short I don't think the usual great top competitors are cheating. I suspect it will be lower down multi-accounters up to the most tricks. Without wishing to sound too naive (any proper investigation must be wholly objective) I think one person winning everything would create enough of a pattern to highlight how done etc etc................................Personally I won't usually be touching RGs until  1. make the notes and practice with them and 2. get the better equipment (in a game of fractions important to)..................I enjoy my CC though and challenging myself in the way I want to in my leisure time! 

Burden of proof and all that...............

I am the first to agree though that WGT will do themselves and everyone that cares, a huge favour, when they make an official announcement on what the situation really is as they see it..........................In fairness to WGT this uncertainty is at least as bad for them as it is for anyone playing, unless some CEO only cares about tomorrow's bonus and not next weeks (tad unlikely)....................Obviously their structure is guess work for me, but the way things work high level..............And no I am not disputing VEM getting turned up too much...Even without all those notes my average on a 9 holes I know instantly changing over a given week was not all me..............

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2013 8:56 AM

I can't wait until the WGT monitoring software takes affect and all the cheaters are banned. Then the list of cheating/banned players is sticky posted in every forum by WGT.

Awesome......

• rmchangin
    1,327 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2013 2:51 PM

Is this software  manipulating the Game or the Flashplayer? If it's manipulating the flashplayer theres not much WGT can do without Adobe's input  

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2013 10:44 PM

rmchangin:

Is this software  manipulating the Game or the Flashplayer? If it's manipulating the flashplayer theres not much WGT can do without Adobe's input  

Tech minded people may well be correcting me here but I understand one auto dinging programme sits in windows and the one that slows the meter is flash based.  I agree with another poster that the slowed meter programme is the more serious....the auto dinger just looks daft and $30 upfront before you try LOL..............I think Icon said looking into it and that's a good thing! I play mainly just for fun so does not affect me hard............., but shame the cloud is there..............................

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2013 11:30 PM

Jimbog1964:

rmchangin:

Tech minded people may well be correcting me here but I understand one auto dinging programme sits in windows and the one that slows the meter is flash based.  I agree with another poster that the slowed meter programme is the more serious....the auto dinger just looks daft and $30 upfront before you try LOL..............I think Icon said looking into it and that's a good thing! I play mainly just for fun so does not affect me hard............., but shame the cloud is there..............................

Yes Jim, the cheat engine is the main problem here. Also i like you do not play for credits. But to say that it does not effect you, you are wrong, it effects everyone that plays this game. This will be my last post on this topic for sure, because imo nothing can be done. This particular program has been here for longer than me, that should tell you something.

The problem i have is all the players saying this program can not help you shoot better scores. LOL, you can not be serious right?? I also think Tiffer pointed this out in earlier thread, so i'm not alone in saying it would help shoot lower scores. One of my main problems with this game is i still miss greens because of meter speed, and still miss putts because i miss where i wanted to hit meter, and just to say, i'm not a DING player. If i could adjust meter speed to my liking i would shoot better scores for sure, no doubt about it, period.

All i'm saying on the subject.

Gerald

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2013 11:45 PM

DarSum:

I can't wait until the WGT monitoring software takes affect and all the cheaters are banned. Then the list of cheating/banned players is sticky posted in every forum by WGT.

Awesome......

yupps will be interesting for sure :)

tbe

• Ecka65
    245 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2013 11:46 PM

OK - time for "Cynical food for thought".

Q:  If 10 cheaters enter every readt go, does that harm WGT?

A:  No.  WGT gets 20% of the pool regardless.  The cheats corner most of the pool - they don't put a cent into the game.  The 40 non cheats lose forcing them to do more surveys, offers or put more money in.  Win win for WGT.

Q:  If cheats make it next to impossible for a non cheat top tier player to compete, does that harm WGT?

A:  Probably not.  The top tier non cheat has probably generates the bulk of the maximum revenue a player can (1000's of games, balls purchased, best clubs).  So if they leave, or even better for WGT start a new account, WGT doesn't lose.

Honest players will play for months and years trying to get better.  The game costs huge money just in balls.  If those players struggle to "make money" via RG's and tournaments because of cheats then those honest players will plough more revenue into WGT.

Not a lot of incentive for WGT to go into overtime mode to stop cheats....

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2013 11:54 PM

What bugs me is someone starts a game with short timer and they take their time and runs timer out, then everyone else is waiting for them. If you are going to set the timer short play fast. Had a lot of games that way. Even at 45 seconds they do it.

RSS