Forums

Help › Forums

cheating software

Wed, Dec 6 2023 10:32 PM (154 replies)
  • Funkyjunkie3000
    722 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2013 4:47 AM

there is a program out there designed for wgt it works out all the math and dings your shots for you, im not going to say the name of this or where to get it,  but im sure some already know, this crap needs stopping right now and the person who designed it needs banning along with its users

if a moderator wants the name of this program or the web address to get it please contact me, as i dont wana post in here and advertise it

• foregettaboutit
    227 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2013 4:57 AM

WGT is well aware of the existence of this program, and unfortunately it has already been posted several times on various threads. There is also a thread where a player posted a video of himself using cheat software to slow the meter down to a crawl. 

Sad but true..

Fore

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2013 5:08 AM

Funkyjunkie3000:
    if a moderator wants the name of this program or the web address to get it please contact me, as i dont wana post in here and advertise it

Mark took care of that in the WGTLS thread.

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2013 5:45 AM

Funkyjunkie3000:

there is a program out there designed for wgt it works out all the math and dings your shots for you, im not going to say the name of this or where to get it,  but im sure some already know, this crap needs stopping right now and the person who designed it needs banning along with its users

WGT is well aware of the cheating programs out there and in my experience hitting ding isn't always an advantage anyway. Just look on Youtube at the great players who miss ding more than hit it for proof of this.

I have to lol at "Works out the math for you", the maths involved in this game varies for almost every club/ball combination so that's no advantage to anyone.

Cant see it being any better than my calculator where I can work out the math for any shot myself in a couple of seconds anyway.

I could be mistaken but since the appearance of the auto ding thing and meter slower, it appears that WGT are penalizing us for hitting the ding, when I do ding it, I get almost ALL my clubs flying further than ever before so I now try to avoid the ding like the plague and find my yardages are much more consistent and as expected.

Just my 5 cents

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2013 6:26 AM

"A tragedy of mathematics is a beautiful conjecture ruined by an ugly fact."

I see someone posted a screenshot of himself using the software in the "exposed" thread, I looked at his profile and I may eat a little crow.

He did seem to have a remarkable improvement overnight, i would not care so much if we were talking par or a little below, but we are talking par shooter to every hole birdie shooter.

I believe WGT has not much choice but to figure something out now.

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2013 6:35 AM

Here, here FJ.

I have not doubt in my mind I could (have) been so much better at this game if I could hit the ding with consistency. My yardage calculations are usually on. I'd say 90 to 95% of the time. But missing the ding would penalize me that it would cost me probably 2 to 3 strokes every 9 holes. Which is the way it SHOULD be. I have no complaints with that.

The problem is now the meter impact (where you click to make impact) ding or not is FUBAR'd.

There are times you can miss 1/4" late and the ball will act as if it's dinged. Ding the shot and it's a crap shoot. But it's not always that way. There are times where the ding is what it used to be and there are times when missing penalizes you.

I personally believe WGT has made adjustments to the impact click or ding zone to combat these cheat programs and screwed it completely up for the rest of us.

• kevinm3574
    5 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2013 6:50 AM

I agree with DarSum.  Played 3 ready-go's yesterday, all with Tournament speeds on the greens and 2 with strong wind and the last one was a complete disaster!  Balls were going all over the place on my hits...putting was completely screwed up....19 over par and I have *never* had a round like that since starting to play.  that was a complete waste of credits...don't think I'll be playing any more ready-go's until I see a reversal from wgt of this mess.  Ended up losing two paid-for balls on what should have been perfect shots but that went astray....*very frustrating*!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2013 7:03 AM

DarSum:
    I personally believe WGT has made adjustments to the impact click or ding zone to combat these cheat programs and screwed it completely up for the rest of us.

I do too but I don't think it necessarily screwed up the game. I have always played the deviation odds by missing smart, i.e. into the wind. I've also always thought that that's why I'm just an average Legend. Meh. That's OK.

However, I have another idea that may or may not be tin-foilish and it has surfaced since the proliferation of complaints about hitting the ding and getting suck results began a short while ago. Suppose whatever change was made kicks in after a certain number of consecutive dings is noted in a game? How else could WGT surmise there was a cheat in play? And if that's the case, not dinging mixed with dinging should work. I find it does. 

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2013 7:06 AM

This is a very sad situation indeed. I've been warning players about this crap for too long. Fact is there are many cheats for WGT, and this is a flash based game. So from the info i have gathered, nothing can be done. This is the reason i do not play ready goes, and rarely play for any credits.

I play for fun only, but i have invested my fair share of money in this game. As i said before, ALL integrity is gone from this game, that is a fact. What i like is some of the players say they know players are not cheating, lol. I find that very funny, how do u know? Because they posted a vid of them playing a good round? Whats to say the next round is not played with the software, know what i mean. So now everyone is a suspect! Just how the cookie crumbles.

I also believe chinajohn was just on these forums talking about exact program this player was caught using. He was bashed for it too, how funny is that? I say why ban the player in question if nobody thinks it works?? Ahh, see what i mean, lol.

Gerald

P.S. Would not worry about the program that auto dings though. But i would be VERY worried about the cheat engine that slows the meter, and also changes all kinds of crap in flash based games. OO, and lets not forget, the profile that shows you how it works is still active, how funny is that, lol.

• brysoni23
    693 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2013 7:34 AM

Ive noticed a change and it sucks a**

all my calibrated distances are based on dings, if i miss the ding i accept it could go miles off or only be 10ft away.

But the dings this past week or two have been going allover the place.

I even had a pw with no spin with 2mph tail wind carry 127 yards

RSS