Help › Forums

How i putt

Mon, Oct 14 2013 11:53 PM (54 replies)
  • notonthis
    893 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 7:49 AM

Poowanai275:

notonthis:
    i had 65 average and 40 percent one putt stat. Now 55.98 average with close to 58 one putt stat.

I have 55.18 one putt percentage and 3.19 three putts percentage. Is it good enough?

Mix

With the good scores you have been posting this month  i think you now the answer to that. But if you don't of course it's good enough lol

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 9:10 AM

I was wondering-  why do you sometimes move the aim point short of the hole?

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 9:12 AM

TY for the video and comments.  I'm missing putts by less and less - so I must be "reading" the greens better but vids like this really help alot.  Not sure that I fully understand what you are seeing whit the 'chip' view but am going to practice today and see if I can figure it out.  Thanks again!

• Bellabluesilver
    60 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 9:46 AM

Thats brilliant thanks allot can i ask do you go a foot past the hole distancec wise or more? 

im a ding putter and it seems the way you do it its allot simpler, my game up to the green is pretty good but my putting is a joke.

i will try your method straight away

• Bellabluesilver
    60 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 10:37 AM

Wow i just went out and shot a 28 beth back 9 following what you did it gives me more confidence and no 3 putts which I always have even the 3 putts I did miss where just a few inches out.

I'm going to keep playing about with it but this looks great

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 3:59 PM

ApexPC:

I was wondering-  why do you sometimes move the aim point short of the hole?

When i do that i'm not really doing it on purpose. I dont have a mat for my mouse so sometimes i get a lil quick and thats where the pointer ends up.

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 5:11 PM

Id like to see a video with some big break with down hill slopes I struggle on putting so bad

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 7:17 PM

A couple of questions. I note that you mainly line up the putt from players view, not the reverse angle. I personally find that I do not see the break as well from this view or is it you just know the greens so well?

And I know you counter the downhill breakers by missed ding but how do you judge the line and speed doing this?

And once again, thanks for sharing with us - really is nice to see how it should be done!

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2013 8:16 PM

Ty all for the feed back. Ill start by staying i always add a little more to the putt than stated unless im on champ greens then i try to hit correct speed. I will make one tonight or tomorrow with bigger breaks and will show what formula im using as far as distance.  As far as the aiming i normally do it from player view, I use to be a reverse look player but i seem to aim farther out than i was suppose to. Some putts i still look in the reverse but in that video i knew those putts by the front view. Most of it is memory and alot are pure luck. But speed is most important as i use to play my putts to just barely drop in the hole. That works for some players but with more speed its alot easier to make those tough putts and you wont have to use as much break due to harder hit putt. Ill be sure to try and cover more in the next video.

• SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2013 4:15 AM

notonthis:

Ty all for the feed back. Ill start by staying i always add a little more to the putt than stated unless im on champ greens then i try to hit correct speed. I will make one tonight or tomorrow with bigger breaks and will show what formula im using as far as distance.  As far as the aiming i normally do it from player view, I use to be a reverse look player but i seem to aim farther out than i was suppose to. Some putts i still look in the reverse but in that video i knew those putts by the front view. Most of it is memory and alot are pure luck. But speed is most important as i use to play my putts to just barely drop in the hole. That works for some players but with more speed its alot easier to make those tough putts and you wont have to use as much break due to harder hit putt. Ill be sure to try and cover more in the next video.

plz try n show us were to aim on puts n why u put it were u did so i know wat i looking for wen i aimimhg plz

RSS