Help › Forums

Latest Feature Requests - Proposal for WGTIcon and WGT

Sun, Apr 19 2020 7:21 PM (623 replies)
  • spy88
    205 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 3:58 PM

pdb1:

spy88:
    But I've said it before and I'll say it again, there aren't enough active forum participants to be a voice for the majority of members...only for the game itself and/or improvements to it.

That's a ridiculous statement. Throughout all of these forums there is more than a sufficient majority of qualified expert participants...

Paul, please allow me rephrase it for you so you understand what I said.  The majority of forum posters may indeed be "qualified expert participants" but they are not the majority of WGT members.  That is a very big difference.  Any instituted game improvements by WGT will be welcomed by many but considered detrimental by others.  First and foremost, WGT must think of the membership majority for any changes in the overall playability of their game. Any manipulation or alteration of game play they consider good for the game and only the game...what they consider good for the majority of world-wide membership will be taken into consideration.  This can be their only approach.  This isn't "ridiculous", just logic.

pdb1:
    ...that obviously you are oblivious to.

Really??  After previously posting I had re-read the first 20 pages of proposals and suggestions (as in the second or third time for all 50 pages), you state I'm unaware?  I'm shaking my head wondering why you felt it necessary to say this.

pdb1:
    ...a vast number of viable and well spoken members...

And some of this "vast number of viable and well spoken members" are asking for custom avatars, trophy ball cases, lost ball sound effects, moveable avatars on tee boxes, specific ball logos, etc.  Do any of these improve overall game play?  Please do not get me wrong here. There is absolutely no harm and nothing wrong in asking for the impossible, as I did for the chat box changes.  We are all allowed our opinion(s).  But from WGT's point of view, good or bad, right or wrong, fair or unfair, if it isn't in the best interests of game play for the membership majority and/or their bottom line, it will not get past the mods.

pdb1:
    OOPS

I'll take that as a apology and thank you for it.  I won't stoop to calling anything you say ridiculous or stating you're oblivious.  Taking out your frustration with WGT on me helps naught.

pdb1:
    There are 1200 Tour Legends.  What probably 2% of membership?  You do the math.

Ok Paul.

WGT home page states they have over 10,000,000 registered members.  Of that, you say there are 1,200 TL's.  Doing basic division, the % is 0.00012...not even close to 2%.  I also come up with a ratio of 1 TL for roughly 8,500 players.

Now that I've "done the math", please enlighten me as to the purpose of your post.  I've grown slightly dense with age...please forgive me.

• spy88
    205 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 4:49 PM

Sorry.  Old age hit again.  Forgot what I wanted to say.  Just as well.  Defending my opinion and point of view is getting almost as old.

• spy88
    205 Posts
    Mon, Aug 11 2014 9:10 AM

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Ok, Paul. You want the last word, you want the soap box, have at it.  I've finally realized I can't continue the discussion after reading such an intelligent, productive and informative post.  I'm out of my league.

RSS