Forums

Help › Forums

Latest Feature Requests - Proposal for WGTIcon and WGT

Sun, Apr 19 2020 7:21 PM (623 replies)
  • spy88
    205 Posts
    Sat, Aug 9 2014 6:22 PM

pdb1:
    It is not ethical or in my nature or even allowed by membership policy to name the perpetrators by name . They know who they are . So do you.

No sir...I do not.  I was not, nor am I now, interested in exactly who gave you your belief about customer satisfaction.  Simply from one inside WGT or just what you heard/read from someone outside of WGT would have sufficed.

I respect everything you state in your post and I agree with most of it in general.  I also have issues with the way the P'sTB have handled (or should I say not handled) the original intent of this thread.  But I've said it before and I'll say it again, there aren't enough active forum participants to be a voice for the majority of members...only for the game itself and/or improvements to it.  From alanti's initial list of requested changes, I re-read the following 20 pages and aside from CC issues, I found only 2 follow-up suggestions I agree would be an improvement. 

1)  Forfeit anytime during a rated game. 

2)  "Please Participate In Your Forums" statement on the home page.

Everything else (again, CC's aside), were too individualized, too inane, too difficult to program in, etc.

My thoughts of late have been towards those members in countries that don't have English as a first language.  Is their game, forums, etc. in their own language?  Are they as inactive to game issues as the majority of English speaking members?  Or are they forced to deal with a English version only, in play and forums?  There are supposed to be millions of members but on this forum, there are (guesstimating) less then 1000 posters.  How many members are in North America and speak English?  And we get apathy toward improvements and/or no interest in participating in the forums from the majority of them.  Unless it is strictly related to improved playability, WGT will likely disregard 99% of any/all suggestions...even though they asked for them. 

And it is extremely understandable for alanti's attitude to plummet from hope to downright disgust at the total and complete lack of communication from WGT for quite some time now, as are many of us by now. 

I wish the Freedom of Information Act applied to inter-office memos, meetings, etc. for WGT.  Maybe someday, someone will do a "Snowden" and release their findings (and I'm not suggesting someone should cause that could lead to a lawsuit).  But it would be interesting to say the least.

jmo's&t's

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Aug 9 2014 7:56 PM

Jimbog1964:

June 18

WGTadmin2:
    We will pull the list and answer to the best of our ability - thanks

How did you get on?  Any better than with all the threads WGT started at this time asking for player's time to list thought's ??

No offense to you personally, but zero anything back is at least the height of bad manners WGT.

It has been awhile hasn't it

What really annoys.....    In the game screen, go to CC comps...  click one of the Pics, then click back.    It goes to the Game screen instead of the 3 Pics.   So we start the whole process again

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Sat, Aug 9 2014 11:44 PM

spy88:

alosso:
    So, you think we are satisfied from making a ton of proposals?

No, I don't, and insinuating I do is putting words in my mouth. 

I may have misunderstood your extension of "customer satisfaction" as a company goal when connecting it to the (unanswered) suggestions.

And, you are correct about the difference between ignorance & ignoring - a false friend for me. It's good that you understood me regardless.

<snip in agreement>

spy88:
    Does it mean they should ignore each and every post?  No, but this is the alternative for them.

I've been gruntling for quite a while and scarcely received official response. But, what should they say? Should they go into a controverse argument with an inevitably bad end?

For today, I get more contentment by a kept promise and a quick solution to a small request - first loom of hope after long blackness.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 12:54 AM

alosso:
    For today, I get more contentment by a kept promise and a quick solution to a small request - first loom of hope after long blackness.

1. They knew full well it would be seen v badly if nothing happened;

2. IMO all they needed to do was update.  A simple these are the he points raised and we are looking more at this than that followed by a thankyou would have gone a long way.  Nice if something concrete also happened, but never even go the first part.

Maybe the next down time will see a list of requests, and how new products / game play changes / whatever deal with that as a start...Maybe, lol.  

Or maybe we get new HL irons that no one thinks the game needs with $8 balls with nothing tested properly.  I still remember the L97 irons that many good players could not get to go straight or a consistent distance until after a week or three everything miraculously just started to work (fixed behind scenes after problems revealed only after release due to inadequate testing or fairy dust??).

Shoddy display so far WGT.

• spy88
    205 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 10:13 AM

alosso:
    I may have misunderstood your extension of "customer satisfaction" as a company goal when connecting it to the (unanswered) suggestions.

There are many forms of "customer satisfaction".  Refund(s), replacements, repairs, freebies, etc.  These are what most, if not all retail stores will provide a customer to keep them coming back.  WGT is different  from the traditional "store".  Because they are a monopoly company and need not "worry" their customer base will shop elsewhere. They know they have not only the best golf sim game but the only golf sim game.  They need not provide us, their loyal customer base, with normal customer satisfaction attributes.  And the only avenues we have to voice them (with results in some way, shape or form) are futile and worthless.     

Wouldn't it be nice if one of the "suits" in San Francisco decided enough was enough, visited the forums and posted what's actually going on?

BTW:  According to LinkedIn, there are 11-50 employees, based in S.F., 28 of which are members and if you have a upgraded LinkedIn acct., you can email any/all of them.  This tells me they are significantly understaffed to adequately respond to and act upon any "customer dissatisfaction".

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 11:05 AM

pdb1:

Jimbog1964:
    quote user="alosso"]For today, I get more contentment by a kept promise and a quick solution to a small request - first loom of hope after long blackness.

I am confused . I s this a sudden ray of hope based on ancient history ?

I'm in a mild mood today, that's all. ;)

One day older than yesterday, that may be the difference!

RSS