Forums

Help › Forums

Latest Feature Requests - Proposal for WGTIcon and WGT

Sun, Apr 19 2020 7:21 PM (623 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,175 Posts
    Wed, Jul 30 2014 7:44 AM

In addition to the 'how to play the game' video tutorials, how about adding another one to show players how to exit the game correctly, so we don't get booted back to the lobby quite so often when our fellow competitors decide to leave suddenly?

• dacrash
    467 Posts
    Wed, Jul 30 2014 10:16 AM

+100

• borntobesting
    9,637 Posts
    Thu, Jul 31 2014 4:54 AM

ScottHope:

In addition to the 'how to play the game' video tutorials, how about adding another one to show players how to exit the game correctly, so we don't get booted back to the lobby quite so often when our fellow competitors decide to leave suddenly?

Even if they did it probably wouldn't help. How many people actually watch those videos. Probably not too many.

• ScottHope
    10,175 Posts
    Thu, Jul 31 2014 5:42 AM

Okay then, perhaps they should do away with that swing circle thingy and put a big 'exit the game here' arrow pointing up to the menu options.  : )

I think the worst thing about trying to exit the game quickly is having to wait for your turn to come round to do a forfeit. I would guess that a lot of instant quitting comes from anger, (I've done it myself, I'm not a saint), so if there was an easily accessible quit button/icon which wasn't buried in a menu and could be double clicked at any time, (a single click might cause an accidental exit) we might not have so many lobby experiences.

I realise that making it easier to quit might increase the number of game exits but for me, not having to hang about in the lobby would outweight that.

• Arpie
    26 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 8:29 AM

Could you please consider the following changes:

1) Give us the ability to save at least 1 game and play another.  I.E. how many times, while have a good round, did you have to turn down a good/fun invite because you couldn't save the round you were playing and participate in the invite.

2)  If you start a tourney/bracket round DO NOT let that round expire while playing. As long as we start before expiration, allow us to complete the round!  Very, Very frustrating!

3) Allow a player to set the default swing meter on the putter. I.E. I prefer a base 30 ft meter.  I just purchased a new putter that has that increment but the lesser swing meter is a 15 ftr. I can't tell you how many strokes I've lost because it automatically switches to the 15.  Let us set the default meter and chose an alternative when necessary.  After all I payed more for this new virtual putter that I did for my real putter (well, almost anyway!)

Lastly, a question, How does WGT determine who moves on in a bracket tourney when you and your imaginary opponent end a round in a tie?  I have tied 4 times so far and have yet to move on!

Thx

• spy88
    205 Posts
    Thu, Aug 7 2014 2:04 PM

Since there has not been a WGT mod post here in over 2 months, I'm not very confident this will even be read, let alone considered but...

After much thought on the matter, I would like to make a suggestion regarding the chat feature.

During a round, I personally do not post a chat until the following player has hit and before the next person's time starts.  And I like to close the chat box completely when I'm preparing for my shot so I don't get distracted by a posted chat.  But may times, another player will post something thus lighting up the chat box which is extremely distracting.  Akin to talking during one's swing irl play. 

Please consider making the chat box a "on or off" and let us do the switching to read it.  That flashing bright orange box is like getting hit with a laser in my peripheral vision and completely unnecessary.  Thank you.

RSS