Forums

Help › Forums

Latest Feature Requests - Proposal for WGTIcon and WGT

Sun, Apr 19 2020 7:21 PM (623 replies)
  • Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Mon, Jun 23 2014 10:50 AM

spy88:

admin2, it is my premise that elevation(s) should be known at all times to all players for all shots...not just as it's one's turn to hit.  dbloshoe can't get past the false impression, a "advantage"or a "disadvantage" is the reason elevation(s) aren't given at all times, to all players for all shots.  Not just at the tee but at every shot a player makes til on the green, just as distances are.

For the life of me, I simply cannot understand what or where a advantage or disadvantage is to be found by doing this. 

Although I wouldn't mind seeing the elevation of every ones shot on the green I can certainly see WGTs point that there is some advantage to all players hitting after the first player. By that I mean, with a 30 second shot timer player 1 has a total of 30 secs. to calculate and execute their shot, while player 4 has 2 mins. We have all missed putts because we rushed the shot to stay within the timer limit.I rarely use more than 15--20 secs. to putt which often causes a miss, but like real golf if it doesn't go in...I just hit it again. Haha.

It may, however speed up play somewhat since players 2 , 3, and 4 could be working out the shot while the first player hits.We all know the dude that takes the full clock on every putt regardless of the duration.  Personally I would like to see the person hitting have the ability to make it possible for all to see where they are aiming, what club and what power they are using.  This would obviously have to be a feature that the player hitting could turn on or off. I certainly wouldn't mind helping new players to learn by having this feature "on". Lots of times it would show them exactly where NOT to hit. Lol.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Mon, Jun 23 2014 11:27 AM

Romax:
    Personally I would like to see the person hitting have to ability to make it possible for all to see where they are aiming, what club and what power they are using. 

This can be done with the share screen in Skype if you have a webcam connected. Only the person who wants to share the screen needs to have the webcam, the others do not. Unless they want to share as well.

• spy88
    205 Posts
    Mon, Jun 23 2014 12:14 PM

alosso:
    Calm down mate...

Sorry, man...it's just that this is a no-brainer and WGT and even some players (see below) simply cannot understand or ignore simple logic!

Romax:
    I can certainly see WGTs point that there is some advantage to all players hitting after the first player. By that I mean, with a 30 second shot timer player 1 has a total of 30 secs. to calculate and execute their shot, while player 4 has 2 mins.

Romax, distances are always shown at all times for all shots, correct?  If elevation(s) were always shown at all times with the distances, there simply is no advantage!

I'm playing a 440 yd. par 4.  If I realign my aim line (triangle) the distance changes and so would the elevation.  I drive knowing the distance and elevation for the shot.  When it lands, I will know how far I hit, what my distance to the green is and if elevation was shown, I'd know that too.  Every player teeing off after me sees their distance hit, distance left and elevation change. No matter who's turn it is after that, both or 3 or all 4 players will see and know their distances and elevations for that next shot and after every shot.  If all players have distance and elevation at all times (damn, I'm getting tired of saying this), no one has a advantage of any kind!  It's simply impossible!

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Mon, Jun 23 2014 1:48 PM

spy88:
    it's just that this is a no-brainer

Sorry, I can't follow you in your request. I can well accept to see the elevation only when it's my turn - most of the time I have a good idea, and to me it's not that vital since I don't care for meticulous calculations - and I know from experience that your insisting concerning those special answers falls on deaf ears (unless they want to prove me wrong).

It was only the general demand for answers which I wanted to support.

Have fun!

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Mon, Jun 23 2014 1:58 PM

I agree the tee shot and fairway shots would be of little or no advantage to 2,3, and 4th players hitting.But...... If player 1 and player 4 both have a 150 footer from the same spot and player 1 has 30 seconds to calculate and hit and player 4 has 2 mins. how could this not be considered an advantage?

Let's face it, some players have a real tough time to calculate and execute in 30 secs.If the elevation is known ahead of time they now have a much larger window to calculate the putt.

To put if a little differntly, lets suppose there was something as ridiculous as a 10 sec. timer in blitz, but only for player 1. Player 4 gets a 30 sec. timer. Advantage for 4th hitter or no ??

• spy88
    205 Posts
    Mon, Jun 23 2014 4:07 PM

alosso:
    I can well accept to see the elevation only when it's my turn -

I also accept seeing the elevation only when it's my turn...because this is the way it is.  That doesn't mean showing the elevations with the distances for all players at all times, isn't a logical (and fair) idea.

alosso:
    and to me it's not that vital since I don't care for meticulous calculations

Nor it is that "vital" to me, but that doesn't mean showing the elevations with the distances for all players at all times, isn't a logical (and fair) idea.

• spy88
    205 Posts
    Mon, Jun 23 2014 4:19 PM

Romax:
    If the elevation is known ahead of time they now have a much larger window to calculate the putt.

No one knows the elevation ahead of anyone else as it is always given with one's distance.  There is NO TIME DIFFERENTIAL!

Romax, once again, you have misinterpreted my OP and throw putting into it! LOL!  Please show me where I suggest elevations for putting be shown?  I appreciate your input, but do not put words in my mouth that I've not spoken!

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Mon, Jun 23 2014 4:46 PM

spy88:

Romax:
    If the elevation is known ahead of time they now have a much larger window to calculate the putt.

No one knows the elevation ahead of anyone else as it is always given with one's distance.  There is NO TIME DIFFERENTIAL!

Romax, once again, you have misinterpreted my OP and throw putting into it! LOL!  Please show me where I suggest elevations for putting be shown?  I appreciate your input, but do not put words in my mouth that I've not spoken!

Sorry..... I guess I took "at all times" to mean.... well "at all times" from tee to cup. Likely if you had said " at all times " with the exception of putting I would have caught on quicker. I see what you mean now and wouldn't object to that being implemented.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Jun 23 2014 5:15 PM

spy88:
    There are four major factors considered when "guesstimating" one's shot.  1-Distance.  2-Wind.  3-Lie.  4-Elevation.  Club selection and swing strength is then determined.

BUT all that said hard can it be?

150 yards out, up 33 and 10 MPH headwind !

Lets go: dist x 11 and result x 4% = 167.5 power needed. 

Say average 3 to 4 seconds time saved potentially.

spy88:
    "unfair advantage"

spy88:
    WHERE??

L90 R11s, L90 ball one inch behind oppo.

Go first and oppo sees landing spot an droll.  Spin setting makes huge differences (yes I know you do not want that).  Experienced oppo gets good idea club  / roll if only as a guide.  Experienced oppo though would not care as would know their shot.  If even balls differ the the inf is useless anyway.  Basically you just need to understand this game a little more in all honesty.

Your issue veers from not existing to maybe creating problems, when all you need to do is learn how whatever clubs and balls you use behave at each hole.  

• spy88
    205 Posts
    Mon, Jun 23 2014 5:23 PM

Romax:
    I see what you mean now and wouldn't object to that being implemented.

THANK YOU, Romax, THANK YOU!  Finally, someone sees the logic behind my suggestion.

But now that you've brought it up, when one's approach shot stops on the green, it would change nothing if you also saw the elevation change as well as the distance to the hole.  Whether a tee shot, a fairway shot or a at rest green shot, elevation with distance for all at all times would make no difference.  I had originally wanted to say "from tee through the green" but decided back then just to see if WGT was open-minded with tee to green first.

Not...

Romax:
    I guess I took "at all times" to mean.... well "at all times" from tee to cup.

I was using the phrase "at all times" to illustrate that distance is "at all times" shown to all players before and after every shot.  I now understand how and why you "extended" the meaning to include putting.

RSS