Forums

Help › Forums

Latest Feature Requests - Proposal for WGTIcon and WGT

Sun, Apr 19 2020 7:21 PM (623 replies)
  • SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Thu, Jun 19 2014 9:41 AM

WGTadmin:

@MOLOTOVSOLUTION: You can play only one hole by going to the Golf Courses link which is located at the WGT Community dropdown menu at the top of your page. You will have the choice to choose from most of the available stroke play courses. We are still working on adding the newest courses to this page. Just click on a course and then select a hole. 

Correct admin2, but id like to practice from my own tee box and with my own green speed.

• jonathan551
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jun 19 2014 7:28 PM

fix the swing meter tired of it skipping and jumping i'm not paying any more money to your web site to you fix swing meter. its not my computer and have 15kbs speed for internet tired of it skipping and jumping

• spy88
    205 Posts
    Fri, Jun 20 2014 9:05 AM

From "Product Suggestions" 5 weeks ago...

There are four major factors considered when "guesstimating" one's shot.  1-Distance.  2-Wind.  3-Lie.  4-Elevation.  Club selection and swing strength is then determined.

Assuming that at one time it was discussed by WGT developers, the decision to withhold #4 until one's turn was made and agreed upon.  For the love of golf...WHY???  If all players at all times are given all relevant information, it is impossible for any one player to have a advantage! 

In actuality, you may as well withhold the distance until one's turn also.  In real golf, this isn't known until the player is at his ball considering the other 3 key components.  Right?

It is logical to include it, it is right to include it, and it is fair to all to include it.  Putting aside the pace-of-play benefit (which was my original thought behind suggesting it), it is now down to simply...Why do you not see my point as valid?

WGTdbloshoe:
    I am sorry you are not happy with my response, but it is very much true.  Giving a player a unfair advantage like that would not be in the best interest of the game.  Especially when players play for credits.

After all my attempts to explain why there is no advantage, dbloshoe insists on dismissing it all, seemingly unable or unwilling to consider its validity.  

Where is this so called "unfair advantage" if all players at all times see and know the elevation(s) at all times as with distances?  WHERE??

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, Jun 20 2014 9:15 AM

I am not sure I understand why you say elevation is missing?

• spy88
    205 Posts
    Fri, Jun 20 2014 9:29 AM

admin2, it is my premise that elevation(s) should be known at all times to all players for all shots...not just as it's one's turn to hit.  dbloshoe can't get past the false impression, a "advantage"or a "disadvantage" is the reason elevation(s) aren't given at all times, to all players for all shots.  Not just at the tee but at every shot a player makes til on the green, just as distances are.

For the life of me, I simply cannot understand what or where a advantage or disadvantage is to be found by doing this. 

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Sat, Jun 21 2014 9:28 PM

could we get some new pins for st andrews for the open this year, some tough ones tucked away or close to bunkers

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Sun, Jun 22 2014 12:12 AM

@WGTadmin1

i think if you improved uneven lies by 35-40% you might get more people interested in playing them, i really like playing uneven lies the way it is at the moment but if they were improved more people might play them. the downhill and uphill shots are not too bad its the side hill shots that seem a bit much.

the short shots are tough on uneven lies, if the lie calculation was decreased by a third or slightly more i think uneven lies could get bigger numbers entering and wgt could list some bigger tournaments.

is there any improvement going to be made to them in the future?

• Soggyblogger
    224 Posts
    Sun, Jun 22 2014 8:25 AM

The three main issues I would like to see improved are:

1) Meter consistency. Reduce jitters. This one is way way more important than any other problem. I have seen jittery meters come and go. It is at least partly WGT's fault. Maybe more servers?

2) Test changes and get input from players as to what changes need to be made. Andysson had a good idea. Create a group of real players to test changes online before instituting for the general public.

3) Remain accessible to the players.

Extra idea easily implemented: Allow anyone who reaches TL tier to  buy whatever equipment they want regardless of their level.

• spy88
    205 Posts
    Mon, Jun 23 2014 8:43 AM

WGTadmin2:
    I am not sure I understand why you say elevation is missing?

spy88:
    admin2, it is my premise that elevation(s) should be known at all times to all players for all shots...not just as it's one's turn to hit.  dbloshoe can't get past the false impression, a "advantage"or a "disadvantage" is the reason elevation(s) aren't given at all times, to all players for all shots.  Not just at the tee but at every shot a player makes til on the green, just as distances are.

Waiting 3 days for a response, I hope you understand what I was getting at with my post.  I also hope you're either thinking why it isn't as I suggest or have a valid reason why WGT will not do so and tell me.

Am I banging my head against a wall with this?  If you tell me I am, I'll drop it.  But even then, I'll be in total disbelief as to why WGT considers this needing to be "left-as-is".  Makes absolutely no sense and never will.

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Mon, Jun 23 2014 9:08 AM

Calm down mate - it has been the weekend!

But, this week, they should come back to us regarding all the ideas that have been posted here on request(!), showing that can not only ask "What are your ideas?" but produce some items of fixing or amelioration from these.

Your turn, WGT!

RSS