Help › Forums

Latest Feature Requests - Proposal for WGTIcon and WGT

Sun, Apr 19 2020 7:21 PM (623 replies)
  • spy88
    205 Posts
    Mon, Jun 23 2014 5:50 PM

Jimbog1964:
    BUT all that said hard can it be?

My suggestion, sir, has absolutely nothing to do with the difficulty of a shot.

Jimbog1964:
    Lets go: dist x 11 and result x 4% = 167.5 power needed.

From your example (and your math), dist=150 yards.  Multiply by 11= 1650 yards. and result x 4%=66.  Assuming you subtract the 66 from the 1650 (1584 yards), that is a 9/10ths of a mile, not 167.5 (yards I assume).

Jimbog1964:
    Go first and oppo sees landing spot an droll.  Spin setting makes huge differences (yes I know you do not want that).  Experienced oppo gets good idea club / roll if only as a guide.  Experienced oppo though would not care as would know their shot. If even balls differ the the inf is useless anyway.  Basically you just need to understand this game a little more in all honesty.

LOL...This has absolutely nothing to do with showing elevation with distance to all players at all times.

Jimbog1964:
    Your issue veers from not existing to maybe creating problems, when all you need to do is learn how whatever clubs and balls you use behave at each hole.

ROFL...And this has absolutely nothing to do with showing elevation with distance to all players at all times.  OMG, the brain is an amazing tool when aptly applied.  Or...not.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Jun 23 2014 5:59 PM

spy88:
    with the difficulty of a shot.

spy88:
    that is a 9/10ths of a mile, not 167.5 (yards I assume)

spy88:
    ROFL.

It was dist + 11 for the elevation, but power is 167.5 and yes yards. Simple stuff and fact discussed ongoing says highlights some of why shot calc time was an issue.  

Anyway finally per other thread you now accept showing elevation satisfies only your idle curiosity.

Your lack of knowledge was the only ever real issue here.

spy88:
    he brain is an amazing tool when aptly applied.  Or...not.

Instead of asking as most of us did and getting advice you do not, and so I could not agree more.

• spy88
    205 Posts
    Mon, Jun 23 2014 6:55 PM

Jimbog1964:
    Anyway finally per other thread you now accept showing elevation satisfies only your idle curiosity.

Wrong.  Jimbog's assumption, not any statement of mine at any time or in any post.

Jimbog1964:
    Instead of asking as most of us did and getting advice you do not, and so I could not agree more.

I'm sorry.  Asking what?  Getting advice from who?  Please elaborate.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Jun 23 2014 7:15 PM

spy88:
    Wrong.  Jimborg's assumption, not any statement of mine at any time or in any post.

Let me help refresh your memory:

spy88:
    My original thought for the suggestion was that it may decrease game times.  Whether it would or not is no longer my issue. 

spy88:
    If the logic eludes you, another explanation won't help.

Logic in inverted comma's IMO.  I side with WGT rationale.  Gave you my reason, and so agree to differ with you.

spy88:
    "...may decrease game times" is a far cry from saying I "fully accept" no difference in (game play) time.

My mistake.  It could save anything from 3 to 5 seconds* sometimes..............Seriously that matters??

spy88:
    I'm sorry.  Asking what?*  Getting advice from who?  Please elaborate.

* See above unless you really do care about seconds on  some holes.

Both have stated our cases, and I have no more clue as to your logic than you do mine.  I actually would not care too much as it would be so so trivial IMO, save potentially .0001% of the time.  I would not do it if I were WGT though!

You have your views, and I happen to think that is based on lack of understanding for reasons said.......Fine it's a forum and discussed.  

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Mon, Jun 23 2014 7:48 PM

spy88:

Jimbog1964:

Wrong.  Jimborg's assumption, not any statement of mine at any time or in any post.

Jimbog1964:

I'm sorry.  Asking what?  Getting advice from who?  Please elaborate.

Haha....I was gonna drop this but.... Invite jimbog to a game spy88 and he will kick your azz up around your shoulders in 5 holes. This game is suppose to be fun, so who really gives a chit about all the little stuff? Smooth meter and no random DC's are really all that I want.

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Mon, Jun 30 2014 8:31 AM

I've got a suggestion that should be very simple, almost effortless to do. Please do not put a par 3 course in an 18 hole bracket tournament. At least not one you pay to play in. Par 3 courses are not tournament courses unless you're playing a par 3 bracket.

And, for no reason at all should my best 18 hole round in my stats be a score from the very course I speak of. It is not representative of a full 18 hole round of tournament golf. Period.

Thank you, and I look forward to not seeing any 3's in RG's or Brackets. And please change my stats to reflect my actual play as well.

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Sun, Jul 6 2014 7:43 PM

could we get some improvements to the punch shot, add a bit more spin to get a bit more carry on the shots, it must be about time to have a little upgrade on the punch shot

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Tue, Jul 15 2014 9:07 PM

any chance we could get a nike 3iron with 3.5 meter or something with a similar ball flight that we could add to our golf bag instead of a 3wood, it would be really useful for playing the links courses when playing for position on uneven lies.

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 5:57 PM

more high level woods with different lofts with a 3.5 meter

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 6:02 PM

An option in the Game Settings to disable the caddie. 

RSS