Sun, Apr 19 2020 7:21 PM (623 replies)
  • WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 9:35 AM

We will pull the list and answer to the best of our ability - thanks

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 11:03 AM

@MOLOTOVSOLUTION: You can play only one hole by going to the Golf Courses link which is located at the WGT Community dropdown menu at the top of your page. You will have the choice to choose from most of the available stroke play courses. We are still working on adding the newest courses to this page. Just click on a course and then select a hole. 

• Mark1962dr
    25 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 11:05 AM

Please put full controller support there as well.!!

Thank You.

• WGTNiblick
    26 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 11:46 AM

@MartyFlanagan,

We will look into adding a "Random Easy", "Random Medium', "Random Hard" setting for CC tournaments so you will get a mixture of hole locations but will be weighted more towards the chosen difficulty setting.

Yes, you will get a new set of pins for Oakmont for the U.S. Open in 2016.  We have  another set of pins that we have not used yet.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 11:57 AM
    You see no mods for ages then 5 come along at once.
  • MolotovSolution
    10 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 12:19 PM

@WGTadmin thanks for the communication. the problem is that puts you on the forward tees. you don't get the same yardages which makes it pointless because it will be different than tournament play.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 1:27 PM

SteveW65:

alanti:
    Perhaps I will just shut up

Don't do that.... get that full list that was earlier in the post and repost it here and lets have some feedback on the items. In this 'new age' of wgt communication, it would be nice to see at least a response on each of the items - even if a negative response.

Instead of everyone simply posting their own personal wish list, we (meaning you alanti lol) should keep it structured otherwise wgt moderator will just get inundated and we'll get absolutely nowhere as per usual.

I appreciate what you are saying Steve, but essentially WGT have the ability to repost it.

Is it a "new age" of WGT mods or just engaging the masses just to placate the masses after what can only be described as a dire last couple of months with the stability of their product. I would tend to say it is "damage control".

At first I thought this is encouraging, but with hindsight, they have asked questions that are pretty twee......"what would you like or what do you think"? Well they have had all this information in front of them for years - via forum requests.

WGT has always had it's own agenda, and rightly so as they are in charge of their product, but I am sceptical whether whatever we ask for will have any bearings on the outcome of when these will be delivered.

Basically WGT has always put revenue generation before playability. A new shiny driver that will make money or a $6.50 sleeve of balls takes priority over a age old bug.

For me that is short-sighted and will eventually be the downfall of this game. Currently WGT survives due to the lack of competition. If viable competition arrived, then this game would struggle to remain viable IMHO. I do not want to see that happen because I believe the potential of this game has not really been tapped. 

But I believe with a managerial style that distances itself from customers views and requests, failure will inevitably be the result (but who cares if Chad and Co have made a solid retirement fund by that time).

The smartest thing this game could do once "stability issues" are resolved, would be to revert back to Tier Based equipment - solves sandbaggers, multi-accounters (just look at any comp in the lower levels) but of course that will not happen - because of the revenue stream - or business model based on greed.

"If you want to cut your own throat, don't come to me for a bandage". M Thatcher

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 6:52 PM

courteneyfish:
    then 5 come along at once.

Makes you wonder where they have been all along.

Personally apart from the CC owners tools that need updating, the single most important thing for me is site navigation.

There are errors and there are improvements begging to be had.

How about putting all our personall links in under 'My Profile' as a drop down including;

- My Country club - Country Club Forum - Recent posts

- Friends - Club Members

- Equipment  - edit

When we get a CC request we can click the name and open their profile - how about the same for a friend request?

Can we please have the Friends list on the left a little more static so that we can get to the bottom of the list before the bloody thing refreshes?

ability to select multiple friends for a) messaging b) deleting
    (This can be already done in another window for sending replays)

A log of MISSED invites shown in the "invites" panel to the left.
    a different more audible alert for invites

..just to start with

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Thu, Jun 19 2014 12:44 AM

you could make the punch shot a bit better, maybe add a bit of spin to punch shots, the carry you get is not too good, they are so low

the 3w from 20/25 rough is pretty poor, it goes really low when you hit a full shot, the pros can get a lot of height when hitting a shot out of light rough and they get good carry on their shots, it would be nice to have that improved

• MLBakerOIM
    11 Posts
    Thu, Jun 19 2014 9:33 AM

I was thinking of a new format for a tournament where 16 players can compete in 4 rounds for the title. Here is the premise. You need 16 players divided into 4somes playing either 9 holes or 18. That is 4 groups going out around the same time. Once the first round is completed(hopefully on the same day) each player will post their score in a designated location. Second day same groups will go out on a different course that all four groups will play on. After this round is completed by all 16 players then you will take the top 8 scores from the first two round to advance to the weekend. For round 3 the lowest 2 scores are paired together and they play together. the next 2 lowest scores are paired together and so forth. You will have 4 pairs playing the same course. after completion of that round the players post their scores and the paring for Sunday are created. The leader always is the last to tee off. Just follow the format of any major tourney. I think it would be fun to play side by side with your opponent and not just see some crazy scores they posted. I would like to see the face of my competition. Any thoughts? You think WGT can create this?

Baker

06/17/2014

RSS