Forums

Help › Forums

Latest Feature Requests - Proposal for WGTIcon and WGT

Sun, Apr 19 2020 7:21 PM (623 replies)
  • spy88
    205 Posts
    Tue, Jun 17 2014 10:46 AM

This was posted 10 days ago under "Product Suggestions" with no response so I'm putting it up here.  Maybe "better communication in this thread" (as opposed to others) will have better luck.

WGT,

I looked at your "System Requirements" page and see that I conform, do all that you suggest, however, the information is 5 years old.  It would be extremely valuable to present and future players if this was updated...even if it's only the date.  If any updates or tweaking you have done to your system affects our system requirements, it would be nice to have that information available so we can maintain them as needed. 

Thank you.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jun 17 2014 1:49 PM

WGTadmin2:

The reality is that WGT is still a relatively small company and we do depend on you our players to spend your money so we can pay our bills and employees.  We are not a big faceless corporation, but a bunch of of folks trying to make our virtual golf dreams come true and feed our families (While fight big company competitors). Withholding your purchases actually makes it harder for us to keep the servers and features coming.   We plow every dollar back into the product, especially new course like pebble, which take a lot of our cash. Every purchase you make is a donation back into the product.

That being said we do make mistakes and we can make this game better.  In that spirit we are going to be more communicative in this thread. As stated above, if you can help us think of the 3 most important things we can do, please post them here:

No-one is disputing the fact that the company must make money to pay all its bills to be financially viable, but on the Forbes Magazine Article - estimated revenues of between $40 and $50 million dollars per year, this should be a no-brainer.

Whilst you keep saying you are not a big corporation, WGT has indeed been faceless. Apart from the odd (some time ago) chats with Chad (and even then he looked like a deer in headlights when asked questions) and being told to clear our caches (and the odd time Pizza would try and placate the masses) we have had no real communication from the company.

Even your profile says I do not respond to wall posts blah blah blah - only through the forums. IMHO that is alone sending the wrong impression regarding opening avenues between players and WGT. Yes in the past both Icon and DB have been open to PM's and wall messaging, but it really is one way communication.

As for churning every dollar back into the game..............pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee. As a business owner I plow a good percentage back to the business, but NOT every dollar. Please do not treat the players like imbeciles.

Conversely I am sure there have been times in the past where Chad has wondered where the next penny is coming to pay the bills - this is part and parcel of the "risk" of running your own business. That is why I would not begrudge the owners if they are making big $$$$$. They took the punt on the venture so they deserve the rewards.

Great to see Pinehurst and Pebble coming up, and in my eyes the par three course although I for one will never play it. But even with this investment, and bearing in mind the lack of course development over the last couple of years, it is not using every dollar.

If your OPEX was 25 million a year (and as you say - a relatively small company should be below this threshold)  - that still has a conservative profit of $10m per annum after taxes.

As for the three most important things, this will be too divided.

For me the lack of stability in the game is the single most important thing - and this is why I have not been playing as much, and consequently not spending.

The next critical factor is to thoroughly test your product releases BEFORE going live. I am talking about comprehensive testing as with every release comes new problems.

Thirdly and this is what was asked initially in this thread, was a simple compilation of product suggestion - it is then up to the company to prioritise these suggestions. All we wanted was a yes or no, agreed in principle without tying the company into deadlines.

The original list was a compilation of requests over the years - many that were included I personally do not see the need for. The list has not been updated and several items have now been implemented. The list will not be updated either, well not by me as I have hit my head against the proverbial brick wall known as WGT for too long.

On a positive note, I do think Admin2 has been a breath of fresh air, but only time will tell whether you have the authority to communicate truthfully and effectively to the community, or whether the seemingly dictatorial management regime will oppress your intentions. Good luck Sir.

Edit - I should have pointed out that a company sets out to make a profit and is not a charity. A business does not generally accept "donations" - but perhaps this is nit-picking.

WGT is a business.Your customers pay for the services you provide.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Jun 17 2014 4:00 PM

Spy88 we will update the system requirements- thanks for reminding us.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Jun 17 2014 4:12 PM

alanti - thanks for the good luck 

• MolotovSolution
    10 Posts
    Tue, Jun 17 2014 8:43 PM

is there any way you could make it so we can practice a certain hole? there's some holes that don't react like normal holes and i would like to practice them without having to play the holes before them.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 12:59 AM

WGTadmin2:

alanti - thanks for the good luck 

You're welcome for the good luck, and for the remainder of the post....but in typical WGT moderator fashion you bury your head in the sand when it come to criticism.

Perhaps I will just shut up so you can be surrounded by those who are not so critical.

But be warned, you learn a lot more from those who complain than those who dont and cease to be a customer.

• SteveW65
    4,540 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 1:10 AM

alanti:
    Perhaps I will just shut up

Don't do that.... get that full list that was earlier in the post and repost it here and lets have some feedback on the items. In this 'new age' of wgt communication, it would be nice to see at least a response on each of the items - even if a negative response.

Instead of everyone simply posting their own personal wish list, we (meaning you alanti lol) should keep it structured otherwise wgt moderator will just get inundated and we'll get absolutely nowhere as per usual.

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 2:40 AM

@WGTadmin2

when you set pin locations when creating tournaments in CC it would be good to have set 1 and set 2 instead of easy and hard as a lot of times we get the same pin locations, if they were listed as set 1, set 2 etc we would know we are getting all the pins available for a certain course

is there a chance we will get another set of pins for oakmont as it will host the us open in 2016?

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 6:09 AM

SteveW65:
    Instead of everyone simply posting their own personal wish list, we (meaning you alanti lol) should keep it structured otherwise wgt moderator will just get inundated and we'll get absolutely nowhere as per usual.

Why should one of us do the work again - isn't it they who get a salary?

Reading, collecting, structuring etc. would be a task for WGT staff IMHO, showing that they respect their clients' contributions and thus making a real difference to the past.

• SteveW65
    4,540 Posts
    Wed, Jun 18 2014 9:23 AM

Not disagreeing with you alosso. And not expecting anyone to do the work again - but it is worth reposting the extensive list that was compiled (and completely ignored by wgt) and let 'New WGT' (the one that says it now wants to communicate) have a stab at updating us all on what is or isn't possible / feasible. 

RSS