Forums

Help › Forums

Is WGT become a Rip-off?

Fri, Mar 15 2013 11:59 PM (111 replies)
  • claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 9:17 AM

Can't be a ripoff to me because I haven't spent a dime.

You've been here a month and still using starter equipment. Give it six months and we'll see when you actually buy a club or balls.  ;)

• pipeman1370
    109 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 10:12 AM

If they don't get rid of the VEM they will lose a lot more./ I haven't had a good game since the check marks started appearing on our names. Wgt controls everything, who do you think decides how far that hit is going and is it right or left. And if you have never spent any money  on this game, watch out, because your game will get worse.

Wgt is trying to force people to buy better equipment  by altering their shots and making putts in consistent with what we know. They use it as a way to level the playing field with lower tier players is what they say. But a lot of the lower tier people are complaining as well. Stupidity at the top is a sad Captain and the ship is sure to sink if someone dos not fix the problem.

Short profit gains will not last when it takes a major purchase to do the same that we did before. Only a short gain sighted person can't  see  past their nose. It takes a long term visionary to guide a company. One that people will be glad to promote and work to make it a top company in the world. 

This company is on a downward spiral to loose money if someone doesn't take it back to where it was. Thsi si not real.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 10:43 AM

DuwayneCook:

Have you noticed how many of those expensive balls you purchase end up out of bounds or in the water hazards?

No.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 11:02 AM

courteneyfish:

DuwayneCook:

Have you noticed how many of those expensive balls you purchase end up out of bounds or in the water hazards?

No.

LMAO......succinct but to the point as usual.

Switch to Maxthon eh C..

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 11:06 AM

I will not consider buying any balls, I have read too many times that they are all undependable. I know for a fact I wasted 1000s and 1000s of credits on the best equipment available to me, just to have great improvement for 2 days then all of a sudden this "great equipment" is no better than the free starters. It took me 100s of hours to EARN these credits and I wish I could get that time back. Until WGT puts the VEM back to acceptable levels, I strongly advise to NOT spend a penny here on anything.

courteneyfish, if you are so happy with everthing WGT, why are you in the forums instead of playing?  I would have no time for these forums if WGT was playable, I would be out there improving my game. Hope you have a great day.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 11:20 AM

WillyBigg:

courteneyfish, if you are so happy with everthing WGT, why are you in the forums instead of playing?  I would have no time for these forums if WGT was playable, I would be out there improving my game. Hope you have a great day.

I'm just giving the other perspective. I make it that I've lost 12 balls into the water in about 500 rounds and I can't ever remember being out of bounds. But it's so much easier to blame the game when you have problems isn't it?

• golfvader7
    1,822 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 11:24 AM

I have got to be the stupidest member of the WGT!!!! I have been here a little over a year. I have read every post about, (1) Wgt controlling your shots, (2) Men playing as women, (3) People quitting, coming back as another person, and cleaning up in any games that can earn the credits, (4) Players "hitting on" other players, (5) Gifting to players with not kosher motives, (5) Players cheating.........just to mane a few!!!!! lol.

Here's where my stupidity kicks in......I don't know how to tell how a person is cheating, I don't know who's hitting on who, and for what reasons, I don't know how to tell if someone quits and then comes back as someone else, And I certainly don't know how to tell a man from a woman (NO SNIDE REMARKS, PEOPLE). And furthermore, I DON"T CARE!

I do not play my friends for credits. And probably won't unless we're playing for the tidy sum of no more than 20-25 credits......less if it's a skins game.

Now to the VEM. In the year I have been here, I have spent $10. As of this date, I'm a level 89 Tour Master, have the best equipment (for me), and have XX,XXX credits in the "bank". Did not get my sticks and balls by gifting or because of my good looks. My scoring average is 62.24 as I try to make my way to Legend. I what everyone says is true, I'm not invited to "Nation" before level 90 because I'm not one not a buyer of credits. If I'm not spending my average SHOULD BE 75.00 because Wgt is trying to teach me a lesson. 

Last night I was 5 under after 5 holes and closed double bogey, bogey, double bogey, par. Even par 36. I shot 5 over the last  four holes because I got severe brain cramps and also couldn't control my right hand tremors. I SCREWED UP, not WGT playing around with me game.

GOLF IS NOT A GAME OF PERFECT! NEVER HAS BEEN, NEVER WILL BE! I've played enough golf (as a scratch golfer) to know how true this is. What I thought was perfect was 25 yards short, or 15 yards long, or was a perfect drive that went into a fairway bunker, or took dead aim on a putt that I read to go left that went right. If you watch the PGA on TV, you see just that every day a tourney is televised. 

I am sick enough, and I refuse to let this fabulous game, this sensational golf site, make me any sicker and aggravated than I already am. I started laughing at the "stupid", taking more time between shots, chat with my friends while playing. And for a virtual game.......I couldn't be happier.

Yes, this game does have problems that aren't always fixed by "clearing the cache and cookies". Of this I am sure.

You all can *** and cry about everything that you don't like and blame the WGT for anything and everything.We have that right. If what I read is right, I should have been kicked out a long time ago, because fro the get-go, I made it clear that spending $$$ was and is not in the cards. Can't happen.

So again, I ask everyone to remember and accept that golf, whether it be real or virtual, "GOLF IS NOT A GAME OF PERFECT".........ENJOY IT FOR WHAT IT IS!!!!!

YOU DON'T KNOW WHEN YOU AIN'T GONNA HAVE IT ANYMORE!!!

"see you in the short grass".............................."gv"

• balehay22
    1 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 12:03 PM

now..everybody read the previos post from  golfvader7, stop moaning,and get on with it............

• CMGryphonL
    684 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 12:07 PM

First of all, none of what I say is meant to offend anyone. Or take sides! It is simply my opinion and nothing else......

I find it crazy that people are actually wasting their time and/or energy on whether this virtual GAME is a ripoff. The only two things that are certain in life are being born and death. Beyond that, the rest is in our control and at our discretion. 

I recently started playing (didn't realize I had signed up back in Oct 2011! lol) and have yet to play in a round(s) that cost a dime. And that's why my "earnings" are so low. I will admit that I have spent 15 bucks on the game, but the rest of my equipment has been obtained through surveys and such. But it was my choice to spend the money. I really enjoy, no I can say love, this game. Just as I do golfing with my buddies in real life. And nothing anyone can say or do will change that. Well, unless of course WGT goes by the wayside, but I doubt it.

This is a game, and nothing more. I know it stinks if you've spent money and it seems like everything changes. But that's golf....it's hard to imagine a course where the conditions are they same two or three days in a row. Maybe it rained the night before and the greens are slower. Or the greenskeepers watered it! Or a gust of wind came up and moved that putt a half inch to the right or left.

Thanks for letting me rant and rave...I feel a little better now! lol  Now it's time to go mess around with this new driver! By the way....it's GREAT!

Have a good one....Gryph

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2013 12:09 PM

'sigh'...I've been here UNDER a year and I still don't profess to know as much as some seem to think they do, ...I think ...:'-))

NOT aimed @ u GV, you seem to have the right attitude..WGT, it is what it is....A damn fine expenditure of my time and disposable , I believe...

Andy

RSS