Forums

Help › Forums

LET'S BE HONEST

Mon, Feb 27 2017 4:33 PM (2,573 replies)
  • HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 9:06 AM

pdb1:

HenryKawa:
    Many of the people making comments here have not "SHARED" their story!

As I have said before . There are many that will still come share their story here . 

They are likely waiting for the right time . For them , not under pressure to do so . 

I was close to that point a while back . I did not and never will . Persons who have been targeted for discreditation will steer clear from this thread . And will never feel comfortable enough " To Be Honest " . 

A sad truth but I know I am not alone . My story will not be missed . But others will . You can thank your loyal friends for that renni . 

Good point pdb1.  I agree!  I was just throwing that out to get this thread back on the right track.  No pressure for anyone to share, but it would be nice if you do share, to be honest.   If you can't be honest, wait until you are ready.   Thanks pdb1.  

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 10:00 AM

If  you all want to get this( used to be great thread)....  going again .....  STOP  commenting  Stop giving  your opinion  on anything ...  Stop looking for a fight ....Stop looking for attention.                            JUST READ   ,OR  SHARE if you like ........         But now  how can we blame  some members,   that will never  use this thread,   with every thing that has been going on  here .....               It is just a shame  to see what this great  ideal for a  thread has become .       I use  to get up in the morning  ,first  thing i would do is  check this thread ..... now  it pains me to check  ,  thanks for  some members  that  still want to share and do some time, i come on here now and then for them  ......not the stupid things being done to this thread . I know i said  this is not a place to comments   but i had to  ....to give this thread another chance so to speak .       This will be my last intervention on this thread ......   Francois                     

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 10:13 AM

Anyone live in or spent significant time in Houston or Denver?  I have to travel to both cities for work in the next couple months (two weeks in the Denver area, one in the Houston area) and I'd like something more to do than harassing women on Tinder to come by my suite.

For Denver, I thought about checking to see if Red Rocks has any good concerts going on.  For the Houston area (my hotel is in Kingwood), I'm drawing blanks on ideas.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 10:49 AM

It seems like an eternity. Almost 3 years since my original Lets Be Honest. post. Now I'll be 64 in June. As my closest friends have seen I don't play much at all anymore. I do miss it, but I am so out of the loop it wouldn't be fair to ask anyone to be my partner in an AS match. 

Lorelei and I will be spending our 46th Valentines day together tomorrow. The 7 grand kids are growing up, I have 4 of them driving now and it scares the day lights out of me. Thank the good Lord my oldest grandson took my advice and has not made us great grand parents yet.

I am still driving the same 2007 Impala I had when I started this. It has 174,000 miles on it and still looks and runs great. I still smoke my camels and drink my beer (much to the dislike of my family and the VA doctors). A young man I helped raise is the parts manager of a large Chevrolet dealer in Ga. They needed a warehouse assistant and delivery person. After not working full time for 3 years I am now punching a clock (for the first time since 1970) and working my butt off. I have to watch my hours so I don't mess up my social security.

I still love to cook, haven't played a round of real golf since my friend alosso came to see me. Deep sea fishing is out of sight price wise so that is past history. I go to work, come home and spend time with Lorelei and my 2 labradors and the kids when they have time to stop by. Trying to get over losing my Dad, I really miss talking to him every week. Other than that old Squirrel Nutz is hanging in there.

Back on track for the moment.

Rich

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 11:01 AM

Hey Rich

Way to get this back on track.

And, thank you for your service. Running towards the sound of gunfire is not a natural thing to do.

Cheers,

Peter

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 11:31 AM

Many of us have enjoyed your thread, and the fact it is still going (96 pages and counting) is proof of that.

I had already posted my personal Bio early on, but I also stated there are many ways to impart "honesty", other than just posting a Bio or CV.  Francois said it is difficult for him to even read many of the posts, as he feels they are not in the spirit this thread was intended. A few have echoed those sentiments, with the promise to "get this back on track", as it were. 

I have personally enjoyed every post written in this thread. The ups and downs, the derailments, the squabbles, the humor...everything. These posts collectively show us to be our true selves. None of us know for sure what is true or not, when someone submits a Bio. But, those posts showing how we react and respond to different situations and comments, can speak volumes.

Rich...If the goal of your thread was for us to get to honestly know each other, then I think it's been a remarkable success...and one you should take great pride in.

ct

• craigswan
    31,082 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 1:21 PM

My son have flown to Miami today with an engagement ring in his pocket .

Just googled the intercontinental wedding package . cost $30,000 .

Jings - maybe she will say no .

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2016 1:54 PM

pdb1:

MichaelStroke:
    For the Houston area , I'm drawing blanks on ideas.

I have a suggestion . You likely won't find much in Houston . Terrible city . But if you drive a little south . Down by Galveston Bay . There is a little town called Pasadena . With a bar called Gilleys . Of Mickey Gilley fame and the Urban Cowboy . John Travolta . 

Oops . Just looked it up . Closed in 1990 . Nevermind . Stay in Denver . 

Credit where it's due, what a post from Paul.

To a guy sitting in Scotland freezing and sick of the sight of rain, that 1st paragraph reads like a distillation of a great American novel.

Then the short 2nd paragraph leads into the best punchline I've read this year.

You had me in stitches man!! Good work.

RSS