Forums

Help › Forums

LET'S BE HONEST

Mon, Feb 27 2017 4:33 PM (2,573 replies)
  • HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2016 12:51 PM

renniw52:

If you can. Let's really get to know who we are dealing with. This is Renniw52, I will be 61 in June. Happily married for 42 years, 3 kids, 7 grand kids, known as OLD SCHOOL. I travel the Eastern US as a tech rep for Industrial, Automotive and Marine coatings. I love to cook, deep sea fishing, and golfing with what friends that still can. I smoke camels, and drink beer like it will be gone tomorrow. I don't make a lot of money, and don't plan on taking it with me, or leave it to the ones I taught to make their own. I enjoy this crazy game, and my friends I have met on here. I drive an Impala, my 15th one. My first was a 1963-409 SS I bought my Senior year of high school. It was 3 years old, and I thought I was the $hit. Any thing else is just what it is.

NEXT

Okay folks.   Above is the very first post on this thread.  The idea by Renni was an excellent idea to get people to share with all, who they are and a little about themselves.     Many of the people making comments here have not "SHARED" their story!   I would like to see this thread get back to basics of sharing peoples personal stories (who they are, where they come from, what they do for excitement etc).   If you have not shared, please do so.   We all want to be friends and know a little about each other.   Anyone with me on this?  

• garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2016 12:56 PM

This thread was thrown way off course long  before Henry Kawa came along so quit trying to blame him for everything !

Actually I find him quite amusing the way he gets under everyones skin !  Similar to that other long gone Canadian ---Alex or something----remember him ?

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2016 12:58 PM

pdb1:
    I'll take credit for moving the banter

It's not that, it's just ill-minded, errant. By you.

The forum is not meant as a place to demolish any other person, but I see this as your goal.

=> Wretched action by you, IMHO.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2016 4:01 PM

garylewisgr:

This thread was thrown way off course long  before Henry Kawa came along so quit trying to blame him for everything !

Actually I find him quite amusing the way he gets under everyones skin !  Similar to that other long gone Canadian ---Alex or something----remember him ?

I agree Gary, the thread went AWOL a long time ago. then briefly comes back for a short time.

Henry does remind me of Alex, in fact I thought they were one and the same....possibly still do. But Alex would play, not back away from a game, so while he said everyone was chicken.....he at least did accept challenges.

Henry does not bother me, I invited him to quite a lot of games, only to be declined. He had his chance to play and refused, for whatever reason....that is fine, but I no longer see the point of having someone on my list who refuses to play.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2016 4:20 PM

alanti:
    Henry does not bother me, I invited him to quite a lot of games, only to be declined. He had his chance to play and refused, for whatever reason....that is fine, but I no longer see the point of having someone on my list who refuses to play.

Same here Al, he won't play me and I'm an average legend at best , he can't be very good.

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2016 4:48 PM

alanti:

garylewisgr:

I agree Gary, the thread went AWOL a long time ago. then briefly comes back for a short time.

Henry does remind me of Alex, in fact I thought they were one and the same....possibly still do. But Alex would play, not back away from a game, so while he said everyone was chicken.....he at least did accept challenges.

I have always said I will play anyone anytime.   What I won't play is 90 second clocks.  I get so bored waiting.  I don't know why I did not play you sir.  But lets give it another go.  I am pretty sure I will make mince meat out of you.  LOL.  Just kidding.  I know you are a great player.  It will be a great match.   

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2016 4:50 PM

PaulTon:

alanti:

Same here Al, he won't play me and I'm an average legend at best , he can't be very good.

I would love to play you sir.   Lets give it another try.   

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2016 5:22 PM

Peggy Sue:
    Henry Kawa is a great ambassador of this game.   I’ve been following him for years and I have learnt that not only is he the best player on all of WGT, he is a true gentleman, a scholar and the nicest person I have ever met.  He will do anything for anyone.  He takes the time to help others with their game.   He has over 2600 friends, who adore him.  They would follow him to the end of the earth if he asked.   Aside from what a great person Henry is, it’s SIMPLY AMAZING to watch him play.    I am convinced that WGT is correct in saying NO ONE WILL EVER BEAT this “once in a lifetime – superb player”.

Thank you Peggysue. I appreciate the nice comments.  It couldn't come at a better time, when I am being picked on so much by ct.  Don't worry about me - I'm a big boy - CT has harrassed me for years.  I am not going anywhere > Im sure to his dis-pleasure!

RSS