Forums

Help › Forums

Sore Losers Disconnecting

Thu, Jan 25 2024 12:35 PM (32 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 10:29 AM

*WGT Disclaimer:

Don't play random multi-player matches. 98% of your opponents will quit within the first 4 holes. Play with your friends, or make new friends you know won't quit during a match.

This should be the first thing a new member sees when they sign-up at WGT.com. Like Marioh said, join the "The Ladders", or "Golfseekers". These sites will not tolerate quitting, and will simply black ball you from participating for doing so.

Judging by the member size of these non-quitting golf sites (compared to WGT), there must be a whole lot of quitters at WGT. There's things the members can do to maintain their fun, and sanity at WGT when it comes to quitters in multi-player match play, or stroke play matches.  : )

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 11:30 AM

Skorpio... with all due respect, when your neighbor doesn't mow his lawn as often as you'd like do you call the police on him?  My point is, you cannot legislate other people's behavior.  That's where Reputation Tracking would be great, because that give you the chance to legislate your own behavior... and just not play with those guys/gals.

• DRAGRACER4355
    6 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 11:32 AM

"well said"

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 11:56 AM

The reputation tracking will help, I assume you can create a game by this rating when you choose to play multiplayer.  I don't believe that you can do anything else about the players quitting.  People that are trying to make the master level and are pros quit a lot so they can level up, a lot of masters quit to protect their average, for whatever that is worth.  It is frustrating to start a game and have the other players quit, if I wanted to play alone I would not have set up a multiplayer game, they miss that point. 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 1:12 PM

Quitters quit... every day.  Get over it because there is absolutely NOTHING anyone can do about it.  No Reputation Tracking, no penalty, nothing.

Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada... bumpkiss....  NOTHING.

Look, if you don't want to play with quitters, STOP PLAYING RANDOM MULTIPLAYER ROUNDS.  Simple as that.

Look at the Ladders or GolfSeekers.  Both are groups that play WITHOUT QUITTERS.  (Quitting one of their matches actually means something.)  After awhile you will have expanded your friends list by a couple of hundred names of people who won't quit.

Or, continue to play random multiplayer games, keep whining on the forums about how everyone who quits cheats and ruins YOUR fun, and be made a laugingstock.

Your choice.

• Skorpio77
    8 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 1:44 PM

With all due respect Doublemochaman, you can't legislate other people's behaviour, that's obvious, but you CAN legislate a GAME, which was my point actually.

Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction on the groups. I WOULD actually pay money to play this game, so for those that are basically telling me to shut up because it's free, no I will not. If I can help make the game better by suggesting things (and exercising my basic human right of having an opinion) then I will.

I must say, I didn't expect my question to be met with such tension and frustration.

So, in summary, thanks to those that were helpful, and the ones that weren't, thanks for your input too!

Jason

Have fun

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 1:44 PM

Although Snaike... you gotta admit, Reputation Tracking would be a fun quandry to have out there.  Would some of the quitters clean up their act?  Would they continue their dastardly ways?  Would they be completely shut out of playing with others?  The obnoxious kid in pre-school?  I can't wait for its implementation, if for no other reason, than to see the present day quitters squirm.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 2:01 PM

They should've kept the reputation tracking as it was, and then tweaked it a later date.

AFAIC, the reputation tracker worked just fine the way it was.   But, the whiners won and we're back where we started.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 2:03 PM

Skorpio... think in terms of free enterprise.  Put a game out there and legislate the heck out of it and you'll end up with very few customers.  The Reputation Tracking, when implemented, will essentially do the job.  WGT is here for a profit... they are a recent startup business in San Francisco with investors.  They need to preserve customers, not drive them away.  Even if it means letting some of the more obnoxious of us play... i. e. quitters.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2010 9:36 PM

Can't we all just step back and be objective?

I enjoy playing multi-player rounds.

People quit on me all the time.

I guess the point is to NOT take it personal..

Unlike Snaike I don't advise that you "shouldn't" play random multi-player rounds; instead just realize that when you start these rounds that the other player is NOT obligated to finish it.

I have 139 friends on here; all of which I have played and completed at least one full (9) round with.

Just let those people who disconnect because of a bogey or a bad shot go with the wind... and find some cool people who aren't ONLY concerned about their appearance on here and their false average.

Even when I do have a bad round that I don't want to save.. i still play it out.. and disconnect on the last putt. That's just honesty. I'm already a master and I don't play match play so it's not sandbagging. I just like to play random multi-player and there's nothing wrong with that. You just have to have logical expectations.

RSS