Forums

Help › Forums

Sore Losers Disconnecting

Thu, Jan 25 2024 12:35 PM (32 replies)
  • Skorpio77
    8 Posts
    Tue, Jul 6 2010 5:08 PM

I am fed up getting half-way through a round, and people disconnecting because they didn't score a birdie. The game is supposed to be fun. There are hardcore golfers looking to knock points off their rating - but it's a FALSE rating, because they're only recording good ratings. As soon as they hit a bunker, DISCONNECT and doesn't save their loss of points. Which to me is cheating.

We need to have system that gives a penalty to cheaters that disconnect during a match play or stroke play to stop them ruining the game for everyone else, and tricking WGT into thinking they're better than they are. When I click PRO+ I want to play a proper PRO not someone who's a HACK and only records their good games.

Anyway, that's my rant over. Please WGT, stop these cheats, impose a penalty.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 1:12 AM

You said it yourself

"this game is supposed to be for fun"...

So play the game and have fun and don't worry about what other people do.

just sayin'.

• Skorpio77
    8 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 2:57 AM

You're missing the whole point smason77, it's cheating, and ruins my fun.

It's no fun when you start a 2-player and the other person disconnects on the 3rd hole and leaves you on your own. Then you are left with 2 choices: Either carry on and finish solo which is boring and defeats the object of Joining a Group, or disconnect yourself and lose your own scores, which is also makes you a cheat for not keeping your score.

Sorry but some of us like to play the game properly. Not like these Hacks, sorry, "Master"s who are total fakes and disconnect at the first sign of a Bogie.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 4:33 AM

You're new, so you haven't seen the thousands of threads regarding quitters.

It sucks, yes.

But there are ways to play games with other players who don't quit.

Someone will come along and give you the link to the ladder site where quitting isn't tolerated.   You should check it out if quitting really bothers you that much.

Cheers.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 4:55 AM

Skorpio77:
    match play or stroke play to stop them ruining the game for everyone else, and tricking WGT into thinking they're better than they are

I do not think WGT cares who is better, and probably that is not their problem. If WGT cared, we would have had a fix for quitters. Not hard to program this game to stop the quitting.  I have only one problem with quitters. When you quit just send a chat that you are going to leave, and say you are sorry for ruining the game. By not saying you are going to leave, we have to stick around and wait for WGT computers to show the disconnect. Sometimes it shows immediately, and sometimes you wait until you figure out the person quit on you. Personally when you quit on me, I just think I am too good a player for you

• Skorpio77
    8 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 5:12 AM

Well that would be something, at least.

But my intention wasn't to join a group of people who are happy to let it happen, my intention was to get WGT to make a change that would impose a penalty of some kind on cheaters. It's not a big ask, I'm sure there are "thousands", like you say marioh, who are just as annoyed as me.

I don't get a lot of time to play, so when I do get half-way through a game and everyone quits, it's a little bit *** to say the least.

Cheers.

• magicmark
    14 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 5:43 AM

I myself feel that everyone should try to stay in but some people do have real reasons why they have to quit some do not but you dont know who does and who doesnt all the time so you cant penalize for quitting what happens if your dog starts choking and you have to quit but I do agree the masters arent all as good as their score but then their are masters that quit that are very good and deserve their score so just sit back relax and play the game its free and has nice graphics and it is fun or you wouldnt be playing with us what do you want for nothing  A RUBBER BISCUIT thanks

MagicMark

• johncarlon51
    10 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 5:46 AM

agree

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 5:49 AM

This gets dredged up every few days. The sooner the reputation idea is implemented, the better things will become.

One thing to remember though, is that those people disconnecting after just hitting a bunker, obviously don't have much idea how to continue playing well after hitting a bunker, and at that rate never will. So not only is their average false, but their ability will remain average.

I irony is, that not only are they spoiling your fun of playing with someone, but they are obviously not having fun and getting frustrated. If they can't be bothered to keep going, they will just remain frustrated.

I find there can be more satisfaction sometimes in managing to save par after getting into trouble, than hitting some perfect shots and making an easy birdie.

• Skorpio77
    8 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 10:12 AM

I totally agree Ziggy, I forgot about the Reputation thing. That would help a lot. I suppose that playing with friends you've added who do not disconnect mid-game would also be another solution in the meantime.

I feel like I've made a big thing of this, but I'm sure I speak for a lot of people. I love this game. I play it more than Tiger Woods. It's a shame the player ratings don't actually reflect their skill - a major flaw.

But's it's a BETA so I guess this is what it's for!

Thanks.

RSS