Forums

Help › Forums

Sore Losers Disconnecting

Thu, Jan 25 2024 12:35 PM (32 replies)
  • lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:33 PM

To MagicMark,

Rubber Biscuit ... great reference .... The Chips - 1956 .... Re-recorded by that great band "The Blues Brothers" ... One of the only songs Dan Ackroyd had the lead on. 

Check it out below --- The last 15 seconds of the song tells the whole story.

Perhaps not relevant to the conversation but ... who wants to talk about quitters anyway.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 1:10 PM

lvietri:
    Rubber Biscuit ... great reference .... The Chips - 1956 .... Re-recorded by that great band "The Blues Brothers" ... One of the only songs Elwood Blues had the lead on. 
    There you go, Ivietri.... FTFY!!

Remember, they'll never get caught.  They're on a mission from God.

• NascarDriver
    15 Posts
    Fri, Nov 24 2023 8:40 AM

I am about to quit WGT if they can't fix the disconnects. Now it just spins and spins...tried everything to continue so not to lose cr or game...pathetic coding!

• LilAlCapone
    1 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2023 3:32 PM

I've tried :

1) view the scorecard and let it time out in 15 secs - works occasionally 

2) kill the app and restart immediately - usually works but a pain 

• f1m4rc
    12 Posts
    Sun, Jan 21 2024 8:41 PM

Why don't players get penalised for quitting?

I had to suddenly quit the other day as I had spilled my coffee just as the game started. Well sometimes things happen too bad, otherwise everyone will have an excuse as to why they disconnected.

I've experienced many rage quitters, not nice especially in a showdown. But maybe if we start getting punished it should stop those that quit on purpose

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2024 11:51 AM

f1m4rc:

I had to suddenly quit the other day as I had spilled my coffee just as the game started. Well sometimes things happen too bad, otherwise everyone will have an excuse as to why they disconnected.

I've experienced many rage quitters, not nice especially in a showdown. But maybe if we start getting punished it should stop those that quit on purpose

So what's your solution... punish everybody who doesn't complete a game, for whatever reason?  What should the punishment be?  And how would punishing those players help WGT make money? 🤔

• f1m4rc
    12 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2024 5:21 PM

SamSpayed:

f1m4rc:

So what's your solution... punish everybody who doesn't complete a game, for whatever reason?  What should the punishment be?  And how would punishing those players help WGT make money? 🤔

I

I block people that rage quit on me. That's my solution to avoiding the same rage quitter, and to not have my time wasted for nothing. But it doesn't exactly resolve the problem.

If they have the usual pattern of constantly quitting,well it's not hard to see they're here to waste everyone's times and I can't see how that makes WGT money.

Punishment could be whatever wgt deems appropriate. Could be a ban for one day. If they a serious players they will stay, if they are here to stuff about and waste people times, and constantly rage quit, then they don't belong here. Simple!

Why should they waste peoples time?

Why should I care about what wgt makes?

You think this game cost me nothing? You think I want to invest my time and money to have idiots that are not serious rage quit on me?

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2024 4:09 PM

f1m4rc:

They're actually saving your time, when they quit, cause you win quicker 😉

• f1m4rc
    12 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2024 5:17 PM

AnaNikolaj:

f1m4rc:

They're actually saving your time, when they quit, cause you win quicker 😉

😂👍If they forfeit then yes, however, most of the time when they rage quit the game is stuck in download phase for quite some time - to then trying to reconnect players, etc etc can take a few minutes to say the least. Sometimes I only have 30 mins or so to play and half of that can be wasted by quitters.

Would there be a way wgt could put them in a separate room so that they can happily rage quit on each other and be a happy rage quitting family?

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Wed, Jan 24 2024 10:42 PM

f1m4rc:

I block people that rage quit on me. That's my solution to avoiding the same rage quitter, and to not have my time wasted for nothing. But it doesn't exactly resolve the problem.

Unfortunately, blocking a player won't prohibit them from being matched up with you in a future coin game.  All it will do is prohibit that player from sending you a friend request or posting on your wall.

RSS