Forums

Help › Forums

The Cheats Aren't A Myth!

Wed, Apr 6 2016 5:27 AM (287 replies)
  • dougsda
    153 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 3:31 AM

I am usually not one to get involved with people throwing cheating accusations around, but after seeing this post and watching the video I now know that there is a lot of cheating going on on WGT,  I also feel that it is going to become common place to use this cheat engine since it's posting.  WGT needs to monitor this situation and change the format of the US open that won't allow the use of this cheat engine.  I thought this game was about skill, intelligence, and the spirit of competition.  WGT needs to make a 25 second clock from tee to green mandatory for all games to eliminate the possibility of using this cheat engine especially with the upcoming US open, but continue the ninety second clock on the greens as I see no benefit of this cheat engine there.  There are times when it takes longer to read a chip or flop and this takes additional time which can be addressed with time extension button for those types of shots.  I WGT does not make some changes before the US open than we might as well not have it because you can not tell me that this cheat engine will not be used.  It is sad that this game has come to this.  

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 4:30 AM

Haha way to go mrcheatengine... just 3 simple questions for you:

1) How do you hit a drive in matchplays/skins games without anybody realizing that your need of 30 seconds on a straight drive is strange?

2) When will you learn how to play this game? Thanks for the proof that hitting the ding is not everything, always hoped that this was the case.

3) How can you miss the ding at this unbelievable meter speed? lol

Shaking my head in disbelief... WGT please ban this person... and all accounts that ever played from the same IP-address, that might be the bigger catch.

Cheers

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 4:37 AM

I think wgt wanted people to see this cause you must  wonder how did this post make it through moderation. Think someone needs the remote control taking from them.

• dougsda
    153 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 4:55 AM

why would you ban him because he brought to the attention of other's ever he is. i say good on him for doing what he did. this is a serious problem and need's something done!!!!   BUT DON'T KICK THE DOG FOR WHAT THE CAT DID!!!! IF HE WAS A CHEAT WOULDN'T OF DID WHAT HE DID FFS 

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 5:09 AM

Would definitely support a 45sec timer for the US open rounds.

• mrcheatengine
    3 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 5:26 AM

Thank you for what you said Dougsda.

All this does is help you hit a dinged shot, it doesn't help with reading the wind and reading a putt that is up to you. 

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 5:57 AM

saltiresfan:

Would definitely support a 45sec timer for the US open rounds.

+1

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 6:38 AM

I'd go fking nuts if I had to wait that long on my meter.

Personally, I could care less if people are using this software to slow the meter. I just hope I never get in a AS guild match or mpc with anyone using it. FFS.

I guess the only cheat I've heard people elude too that would bother me if it's true is an auto-dinger. Where the computer automatically clicks for you on the ding line ?? Anyone know for sure if that exist? Or is it a myth?

Don't matter what cheat programs they come up. I'll never cheat. I can't. I'm on a Mac. No one programs software for Macs.

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 6:47 AM

Yeah a timer would be great idea. And they have known bout it for a long time as shommy as stated was a fool. But it is a flash player hack so i dont see them being able to stop it unless they could get wgt to run off something else. A bucket load of money that they won't invest.

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 7:42 AM

This is pretty funny to me. "Ban all cheats"!!!

WGT called out someone who was "accused" of cheating a few months back, after multiple people saw his meter in a live stream slowing down right before the ding. You people still believe is was a "frames per second" issues from live stream? He still livestreams his matches, but hides the meter? HMMMM wonder why. lol. 

Funny. WGT catches someone and everyone backs up that player. "He wouldnt cheat, no way" "Ive played with him for years and theres no way he cheats". 

Hypocrisy. At its finest. 

RSS