Forums

Help › Forums

CC Upgrades & Private Tournament Walkthrough

Mon, Aug 21 2017 3:01 PM (195 replies)
  • Dbrian064
    81 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 12:37 PM

I know that nobody knows of my clubs Edgewater tour league CC and we are still a new club with only 19 members but I am wondering if any other club members are willing to work together to put together a kind of tournament that country clubs could compete in. My ideas so far are not the best I am just thinking that there could be match play, stroke play and other types of games played between members of different clubs. Say 4-6 of each clubs top and most reliable members could schedule to play against another clubs top 4-6 on days that work for both parties. The players would need to report their results. I think that two clubs could match up in a sort of bracket format where teams would move on once they were the first to get the needed number of points in their match-up. For example

Club 1 vs. club 2    club 1 wins

Club 3 vs. club 4   club 4 wins 

so club 4 plays club 1 in the championship I would appreciate any replies to this post with interest or questions as I would like to work with other club owners to get this done.

• ButterCap
    9 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 3:14 PM

Regarding to your point of view your suggestion is nice idea.

i support your suggestion.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2013 7:26 AM

The WGTLS already has something like this using their guilds. It is a separate system but looks interesting and you do play on the WGT. They seem to have a Ryder Cup tournament as well. I would like to see something like it here that would be easier to use than what they have.

• ironmanz
    66 Posts
    Tue, Aug 20 2013 11:34 AM

There will always be sandbaggers, and it will be very difficult to stop, point is me and my son use the same computer and we both play wgt, now of course who do you think buys his stuff with his credit card of course me, Whats stopping me a legend to create another golfer .. get to tour pro, buy the best gear. and mop up the floor with real tour pros, handicaps , I see tour pros with R1 crushing 300 yard plus drives and hitting there Atv wedges with in inches of cup. some are very good, some are sandbaggers. Heres the point, what pro could even in an alternate universe shoot in the 50's please. he doesn't have the experience or he's cheating, or hes a level 90.and why hasn't he moved up yet.

• ironmanz
    66 Posts
    Tue, Aug 20 2013 11:36 AM

Crazyman2:

We dont get sandbagging at all simply because we use a tried and trusted method (used for over a century) of handicapping and as used by official golfing clubs around the globe,.also the handicap system is proven to prevent any means of sandbagging    So that issue  is never in question.  As with all golf clubs a initial period is required to qualify BEFORE an "official handicap is issued"

And , "no"  it  doesn;'t become difficult at all.  I can honestly say I have never encountered a sandbagger in the site because of  the format and the methods used.  By all means  I would invite anyone to attempt it. As I know  it cannot be achieved.  As stated  I would be willing to talk to WGT on the implementation of a fair handicapping system that works for all, but surely you could do that as you say "Its just a question of math"

This is not a poke at anyone in particular (including yours or anyone else's CC) it is a point I am making on the principle of FAIR PLAY.  One that was introduced to my site as a means of creating a fair and just sytem that allowed EVERYONE  the same chances of success as the "Chosen Few"

There will always be sandbaggers, and it will be very difficult to stop, point is me and my son use the same computer and we both play wgt, now of course who do you think buys his stuff with his credit card of course me, Whats stopping me a legend to create another golfer .. get to tour pro, buy the best gear. and mop up the floor with real tour pros, handicaps , I see tour pros with R1 crushing 300 yard plus drives and hitting there Atv wedges with in inches of cup. some are very good, some are sandbaggers. Heres the point, what pro could even in an alternate universe shoot in the 50's please. he doesn't have the experience or he's cheating, or hes a level 90.and why hasn't he moved up yet.

• AlexBorgesjr
    1,297 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2013 9:30 AM

If you skype , My country club plays another country club,on sundays around 12 to 1 eastern time, they mix up the players from different clubs to create friendships, and this also prevents CC raiders from taking you players. my skype name masterslayer63, oh yes we all skype. and heres the cold blooded truth if you want to build a strong core, and a active country club . as of todays date average club size is 45 members and we have entered  close to a thousand CC events .

THE AMERICAN GOLF ACADEMY AND SKYPE CLUB

How to build a successful Country Club

Start small 15 to 50 players, remember your looking for quality not quantity

Set rules but be flexible. Once you have your 15 members, and have them on your friends list, make sure you send them emails. Of what you’re trying to do. Have a country club home where. It’s friendly but where everyone is expected to play in a certain amount of games, we have a major once a week, it last seven days, and it’s free. Here comes the hard part, have 3 or 5 tourneys going on all the time, invite members to create tourneys, after a 10 day period , send a thank you note to all non active players and release them, this a country club, not a Spa/resort, something you post on your profile to show you belong to a country club, then make a move once you have the hang of it, and go straight to 50 players, same process, wait 10 days and re release all non active players , you will actually build a core membership of players that like full leader boards and competition . Always stay in contact with players on the team. We have been around about 6 months. We just released 10 players, between them they had 6 games played in less than 20 days, and the other 40 averaged 13 games a piece. Or 520 country club events entered, do players get offended, not the ones who like to play. We have never cut 1 player who plays in our weekly Major every week or a member who plays 8 different events a month. Some players starting out don’t want to shoot 55, and have a legend shoot a 28, understandable. make sure you have a tour pro and down game available for lower tiered players. Some can compete ,others haven’t the clubs yet to compete,

Skype if you can, our club is call THE AMERICAN GOLF ACADEMY AND SKYPE CLUB. This lets players know the have an option to audio with team mates in alternate games or when both are playing club tourneys and cant see each other,but want to know what’s going on, sometimes we play other country clubs, and we have players listening in on our country clubs skype , just to see if the Club is fairing alright.. Important to have legends or masters willing to play with new pros, they can shave 5 points off there average after what they can learn from a veteran player,  like learning short game, or reading wind.  You might say that’s a lot of work, its work if you don’t love to play WGT, but if it’s your hobby. Well who wants to have a hobby of running an unsuccessful country club? Well good luck, And if you’re thinking of starting  club don’t just dip your toe in the water , Dive in, all so have a board of members so when you cant run things , they will fill in for your country club, we have 5. Did it happen over night no. will it happen, of course you’re not looking for 1000 golfers, you’re looking for 50. or 250 if you have the time and energy. Once again good luck. 

• AlexBorgesjr
    1,297 Posts
    Sat, Oct 26 2013 1:48 PM

I DISAGREE WITH HANDICAP SYSTEM, WHAT YOU CAN DO IS SET EVENTS FOR DIFFERENT TIERS, BUT SAY i AM GOING TO GIVE A LEGEND PLAYING ANOTHER LEGEND 3 STROKE EDGE IS CRAZY, TAKE YOUR LUMPS TILL YOU IMPROVE OR SETTLE FOR WHERE YOU FALL.  TIGER PLAYS AROUND 12 EVENTS A YEAR AND WINS AROUND 4 A YEAR. NO ONE IS CRYING TOP  5 TO 10 PLAYERS IN ANY CC ARE USUALLY WELL RESPECTED PLAYERS. , TAKE A LOOK AT OUR COUNTRY CLUB AND ITS LEADERBOARDS, SOMETIMES WE HAVE 3 OR 4 PLAYERS TIED AT 1,2,3,4 POSITIONS AND YOU YOU ALSO HAVE PLAYERS WHO CLIMB LEADER BOARDS IN TIME. NO FREE RIDES THATS WHATS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD TODAY, MAKE IT FAIR, SO ONE GETS THERE FEELINGS HURT, WGT DOESN'T THINK THAT WAY, IF YOU CAN BUY A DRIVER , YOU CAN OUT DRIVE A STARTER CLUB BY 100 YDS 

• flopperboy2
    752 Posts
    Sun, Nov 10 2013 11:08 AM

hi  crazyman i would like to  join a club can you give advice on this flopperboy 2 thanks

• flopperboy2
    752 Posts
    Sun, Nov 10 2013 11:08 AM

hi  crazyman i would like to  join a club can you give advice on this flopperboy 2 thanks

• spaceghost88
    1,624 Posts
    Thu, Jun 26 2014 2:02 AM

CC FORUM REPAIR THANKS WGT GREAT WORK!

Thank You all so much makes big difference running club !

Thank You for amazingly fun game A++  ; ]

SG88

RSS