Is it against the rules to....

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 30 2010 4:17 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 10:05 PM

neildiamond11790:

Post a blog on your profile as a reminder to yourself not to play with certain people and the reason why you dont want to play with them?

I can't see why not. Anyone has the ability to post goodness knows what on anyone's wall, you should at least be uncensored on your OWN profile!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 9:46 AM

IvaThongon:
    I can't see why not. Anyone has the ability to post goodness knows what on anyone's wall, you should at least be uncensored on your OWN profile!
    Actually, Iva, they may have the ability, but not the right.  Should you ever see something inappropriate, you have the right to ask that be removed and the offending player be dealt with by WGT.

Wall posts and blogs are still under the "Posting Etiquette" header of the Terms and Conditions of WGT.  If I may repeat the first few lines here:

Posting Etiquette

WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT) asks that you respect our on-line community and other individuals. When posting Submissions to or otherwise using the Site and/or the services, you agree not to:

• Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
    • Use racially, ethnically, vulgar, sexually explicit, hateful, or otherwise offensive language or images.
    • Flame-bait, engage in flame wars, or otherwise attempt to provoke a reaction.
    • ... etc ...
    •  

Anything written, or posted in the case of pictures, on your wall either by you or by someone else, falls under these conditions.

That means that anything offensive must be removed and the offending party will be dealt with accordingly by WGT.

If someone writes something on your wall that you find offensive, report them.  If you write something offensive on someone's wall, you can and will be reported.  If you post an offensive picture for your icon, you will be reported.  If you see an offensive picture, you can report it. If you write something on your blog that someone else finds offensive, they can report it. 

I know this sounds draconian but those are the rules.

And yes, some of us have tested the limits of WGT's patience in this.... some even went too far and are now not welcomed back.

Something to think about.

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 12:45 PM

Snaike:

Actually, Iva, they may have the ability, but not the right.  Should you ever see something inappropriate, you have the right to ask that be removed and the offending player be dealt with by WGT.

I absolutely agree and unfortunately have had to pursue that avenue in the past. Just not a fan of people who troll being allowed to post whatever they want on anyone's profile. I think WGT has it wrong, messages should be to anyone, profile posts should be friends only. Further, you should have a block option for other players. They offend you, blocked. They ditch games repeatedly blocked. They sandbag in your opinion, blocked. 

To me, this is a no brainer for WGT to implement, and would save them a lot of hassle to boot

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 1:55 PM

Iva,

"Submissions" as Snaike quoted above applies to any submission made on the website.  That includes public forums, wall posts, blogs and even private forums too.  If someone makes unsavory comments on your wall or on their blog that violate the posting etiquette rules then you can request for it be removed (or delete the wall post yourself).  If you wish to file an abuse report just capture a screenshot of the wallpost or offensive blog material and fire up your email client.

We don't have the ability to police every profile, so we rely on user reports to square away such issues.  Please take advantage of it when you need to.

• renald101
    5 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 1:58 PM

Ye good idee,so many liar on chat!

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 2:06 PM

Niv, if we post on a blog an encounter with someone that we played, and are only detailing said events of what happened, if we list the name its against the code of conduct?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 2:11 PM

I guess that really depends on the content and tone of the post.  Like with any other situation it's up to our discretion, interpretation of intent etc.

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 2:31 PM

Thank you niv.

I agree and have utilized that avenue in the past, thanks to you. Any chance of a "block" feature? Seems it would be an easy addition to the game, would lower complaints to WGT, and create a "do not play with these people" list by default for those trying to track people for whatever reason (quitting, sandbagging, whatever)

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 2:51 PM

Problem as I see it is you don't want to remind yourself of anything. You want to be able to flame people and are trying to find a way to skirt the rules. Ever heard of ALT-TAB?

Create a spreadsheet for yourself if you need reminding and leave it on your desktop. Anything else is merely an attempt to be negative in a public way.

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Wed, Jun 30 2010 4:17 PM

Kaslo:

Problem as I see it is you don't want to remind yourself of anything. You want to be able to flame people and are trying to find a way to skirt the rules. Ever heard of ALT-TAB?

Create a spreadsheet for yourself if you need reminding and leave it on your desktop. Anything else is merely an attempt to be negative in a public way.

I must have come across wrong. I don't want to say anything to or about people I don't know. Being negative isn't how I roll...

• PAGES
RSS