Help › Forums

Is it against the rules to....

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 30 2010 4:17 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 8:10 AM

Post a blog on your profile as a reminder to yourself not to play with certain people and the reason why you dont want to play with them?

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 8:28 AM

neildiamond11790:

Post a blog on your profile as a reminder to yourself not to play with certain people and the reason why you dont want to play with them?

I would e mail WGT or wait about 10 mins (WGTNiv should repsond soon). It sounds like a great idea but i'm sure WGT will see it as "abuse" and would prefer you not too. I would stay on the safe side until you email WGT or someone responds.

-King

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 8:43 AM

While I respect King's note and do not disagree with him ... Personally I love the idea ... as long as you put the why ... i.e.  Sandbagging, Rude/Vulgar language, Disconnects all the time, don't like their face, etc. etc.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 9:13 AM

To be safe, don't call the List "People I won't play with"  and I would use mneumonics for the reasons and not spell them out.  Something like this:

Neils' List

Player 1 - AHO

Player 2 - BAGR

Player 3 - QTR

Player 4 - SLO

Of course you'd include your definitions for reference.

SLO=Shoots Lights Out; AHO=Always Hits O.B.; QTR=Quite The Rascal; BAGR=Bad A$$ GolfeR

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 9:24 AM

Well, I am going give it a shot with details of why.  lets see how it goes.  I stopped playing a lot of match play because of some of these people and I want to start playing more.  I dont mind the lights out players, most of them are legit.  I just cant stand people that accept games, start losing then sit there and beg to drop game because "they have to go to work", then they are playing for the next 50 minutes.  There are the sandbaggers as well.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 9:44 AM

Neil, there have been some discussions about this very idea.

And, while it's not quite black and white, it seems to find itself slightly on the darker side of the line.

Putting together such a list is apparently fine, until someone whose name is on it takes offense and reports it to WGT as harrasment and/or abuse....  then it has to come down.

Take that for what it's worth.

Peace.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 9:49 AM

Agreed snaike.  I will take it down if someone wants it down.  The flip side is, if your list is sandbeggers, possibly multi account players, do they really want to open a can of worms with a complaint to WGT?  My short list is up (only 2 right now), only people searching me will end up seeing it.

• kissfanpdx
    84 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 10:41 AM

HA, Neildiamond, I had that happen to me recently, where the guy wanted me to drop the match near the end, as i was about to win.  I have NO sympathy for them.  Nor do i have sympathy for people begging for credits, clubs, and so on.  And swing meter issues as well, we all have to live with it, thats life.  Now i have a couple times, where it was clear the person lost because of no  fault of their own.  Like i had a guy on his last putt to beat me and he got disconected, i knew i didnt win the match, even though he never made it back in time, so i gave him a sleeve of balls, ive done that a couple times, but these people begging....i just laugh at them.  There is really a lot of talk about sandbaggers out here, i guess the one nice thing about not being at master level , is that im not good enough to notice any sandbagging.   i figure i can lose or beat anyone on this site on any given day.  Personaly i think wgt needs to figure out more ways of keeping me  interested in this site, believe me, im just addicted as anyone, but lately i have found myself getting board a little.   Went to play a ready go.....naa.....ill come somewhere between 5-20 place, get maybe 50-150 credits...ho hum.....lets play the 500 tourny..no, someone has allready shot a 60, but third place is up for grabs, 68 is attainable....oh wait, what is the thrid place prize....ho hum, a box of golf balls....the addition of two courses is great, oh yeah thats what ill do, ill go qualify for the majors.....ho hum....its from the tips with my pro equipment....and green speeds that make a newly waxed floor feel like shag carpet......ho hum....wont even bother, cant even break 70 on either course from the tips.  Dont get me wrong, this is a great thing wgt puts on, its free, and they give away awesome prizes, so for those top 5-10 that always win everthing, im sure its exciting.......really the only things that keeps my interest lately is the match game challenge

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 11:04 AM

kissfan, I feel the same way as well, and to your point the 500 premium tourney where someone shot 60, well obviously there is something wrong with that in the pro league.  take that score out and you now have a chance at the Top 3, and free box of Pro V's is still a free box of Pro Vs.  I can agree I was playing 6 ready gos per day, and have dropped out of most last 2 weekds in favor of more match play. 

• kissfanpdx
    84 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 9:10 PM

actually, i was just throwing out a number of 60 havnt even checked the standings....but usually someone wins it with a 63-62ish score.  I really think one thing wgt should do , is not post the scores on the premium monthly tournies.  i woudl be more inclined to play if i didnt know what the best score is, especially in a tournament where they only give out three prizes.  Just my thought.  And i dont know how possible it is, but i would love to see , a "gimmie" button for match play, and ad maybe a skins game....or a snake perhaps.   maybe make these little awards we are getting worth something....like....300 flags hit, you get three sleeves of balls or something.  maybe make a super master division   for people with averages of 62 or better , then make the master tier 63-69, that woudl solve a lot of issues there, and they would sell a whole buttload of master gear, and everyone would be happy...win win....there is SOOO much potential for this site, and i know its easy for someone like me to sit back and throw out all these ideas, im sure they are a busy bunch running this site...just a few of my thoughts in general....

• PAGES
RSS