Help › Forums

Anyone try The SWINGMATE Program ?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 4 2016 4:55 PM (34 replies)
  • adtjoel
    124 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 4:36 AM

I have never heard of swingmate.

Feel is very important in that - the more your hit the ding (or very close to it) the more your are going to get good scores. However, it is a lot about timing. When you are used to your clubs even if they are pretty fast there is no real reason you can't get the ding.

There are a few programs that people use, search for them:

WGT Caddy, Wind Meter, Putting Calculator.

I think the last two are by Belko (or something similar). I used the putting calc and found it wasn't at all useful. The wind one looks a bit more promising.

I think WGT Caddy is the best one of those programs and might help me shave a couple of shots. WGT Caddy is essentially a ruler which I have only just started using.

I shot 59 (once), sub 30 a dozen times using nothing but my pc calculator and a little ruler I made in photoshop stuck to my monitor with bluetack :P
    Although I think I am better than average I don't think I am anything special.

Also those score are with clubs you can get a level 59, not the best ones. Knowing the courses helps a lot. Some greens play faster than others, certain positions on the fairways give you better access to the pins as well as where to aim for on the green to give you and easier putt.

Essentially it's a combination of clubs, practice, knowledge and the ding!

I do have days where the ball just won't go in and the ball misses by inches on every hole!

• pjctas0822
    4,555 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 4:57 AM

mnshiner:

pjctas0822:

But this program seemed cool and I wanted to test its accuracy and it is very accurate . I just wanted to know what that Modifier thingy does and why it is there.

I had a chance to look at this program and from by just what I read on the site to answer your ? about the above underlined it has to do with the amount of back or topspin you want to put on the ball.

So then where is the adjustment for elevation ? If there isnt one then every shot you use this to setup will be wrong.

• pjctas0822
    4,555 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 4:58 AM

adtjoel:

I have never heard of swingmate.

Feel is very important in that - the more your hit the ding (or very close to it) the more your are going to get good scores. However, it is a lot about timing. When you are used to your clubs even if they are pretty fast there is no real reason you can't get the ding.

There are a few programs that people use, search for them:

WGT Caddy, Wind Meter, Putting Calculator.

I think the last two are by Belko (or something similar). I used the putting calc and found it wasn't at all useful. The wind one looks a bit more promising.

I think WGT Caddy is the best one of those programs and might help me shave a couple of shots. WGT Caddy is essentially a ruler which I have only just started using.

I shot 59 (once), sub 30 a dozen times using nothing but my pc calculator and a little ruler I made in photoshop stuck to my monitor with bluetack :P
    Although I think I am better than average I don't think I am anything special.

Also those score are with clubs you can get a level 59, not the best ones. Knowing the courses helps a lot. Some greens play faster than others, certain positions on the fairways give you better access to the pins as well as where to aim for on the green to give you and easier putt.

Essentially it's a combination of clubs, practice, knowledge and the ding!

I do have days where the ball just won't go in and the ball misses by inches on every hole!

Do you work for ADT ? Hence your user name ?

• pjctas0822
    4,555 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 6:10 AM

I used the word cheat and apparently some think I was making an accusation . I should have used a smiley face . For that I am sorry but I was joking.

I did look up the definition of Cheat and here is one meaning. Take it with a grain of salt please as this is just a game.

Cheat : 3. A computer application, password, or disallowed technique used to advance to a higher skill level in a computer video game.

Since WGT dont have clear enough rules as to what technique is cheating then using such a program is valid I suppose. But I guess that depends on who you ask at WGT and I am not asking.

• adtjoel
    124 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 12:00 PM

pjctas0822:

What is ADT? No it's just a random username and not a very good one :)

• pjctas0822
    4,555 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 2:02 PM

adtjoel:

pjctas0822:

What is ADT? No it's just a random username and not a very good one :)

ADT is the largest security monitoring company in the world thats all :) I worked for them for many many years as a Technician so some say ADT stands for Another Dumb Tech.

They started as a messenger company in the mid to late 1800's .

• SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 5:31 PM

were i get the wgt caddy from plz?

• Win1Soon
    385 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 7:42 PM

Can i get someone to confirm that this was center cup at a very slow speed? Thx in advance.  http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=969cb519-6127-4d50-9494-a146003c8a04

also, i know this is not the correct spot to post this but...

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 7:52 PM

Win1Soon:

Can i get someone to confirm that this was center cup at a very slow speed? Thx in advance.  http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=969cb519-6127-4d50-9494-a146003c8a04

also, i know this is not the correct spot to post this but...

I hate to say it, looked at several times, dead center cup. Sorry to say i have seen a lot of craziness going on lately. I wouldn't worry about it really, because you will never get answer. BTW, gr8 shot sir, shame really.

• Win1Soon
    385 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2013 8:07 PM

thx Gerald

RSS